Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST >

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

Old 07-22-2012, 10:09 AM

received my package from Starshine yesterday. I received a paperback book to read, some dark blue fabric and blue quilting thread and some JoAnne pattern sheets for various items. Some of those may be made up for my stash of future swap package fillers. two quilting motif templates--one of a dragonfly that I cant wait to use and the other of flower shapes. She apologized for not sending chocolate as didnt want it to melt in this heat and thats okay as not exactly listed on this diabetic diet of mine. I would post a picture but my phone always blurs them. Thanks again Starshine for a great package.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:54 AM

Cute dresses Lori! Trying to get a baby quilt quilted for my new to be GS who is due in Sept. before all the other GK get here this afternoon! Everyone have a wonderful day!

Louise I loved those button magnets you sent and I was in the dollar tree yesterday and saw them so I bought some for my next times SP!
Old 07-22-2012, 05:24 PM

I belong to a group that meets at my church on the third Sat. of each month. Nothing formal. We sometimes have workshops, work on charity projects. Mostly, we just get together and work on our own projects, brown bag lunch and have lots of fun. We have knitters, bead workers and even scrapbookers that come!
Originally Posted by Nexxus831 View Post
Howdy Neighbor, I just noticed how close we are. I have been on the swap for about six months. I love it. Always fun. Do you belong to any local quilt guilds?
Melinda
Old 07-23-2012, 07:33 AM

Decided to post a pic of the pkg I sent to my swap partner, Reginalovesfabric. I don't see her on here much, I did receive my thank you PM last week. Hope this is ok.
Attached Thumbnails july-sp.jpg   july-sp-box.jpg  
Old 07-23-2012, 08:31 AM
Swap Hosts

Onalee, that is a wonderful package you put together.

On a related note -- and I apologize in advance if anyone has a problem with this comment -- it's just my opinion -- I just don't understand how people who join this swap don't pick up on the spirit of the participants. We usually have such a wonderful feeling of fun and fellowship here. So, how do you just decide that you're not going to participate in that part of it? How do you decide that you're not going to bother to post here or to post photos? It just becomes an exchange of "stuff" without the banter. I know I've been busy this month and haven't been posting much, but at least I've posted. Is it just me or does this month seem particularly "blah"?

Again, I don't mean to offend anyone. I just don't get it. But then there are a lot of things that I just don't get.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
it's just my opinion -- I just don't understand how people who join this swap don't pick up on the spirit of the participants. We usually have such a wonderful feeling of fun and fellowship here. So, how do you just decide that you're not going to participate in that part of it? How do you decide that you're not going to bother to post here or to post photos? It just becomes an exchange of "stuff" without the banter. I know I've been busy this month and haven't been posting much, but at least I've posted. Is it just me or does this month seem particularly "blah"?
Kyrstyna,
I know I've been awfully quiet for the last month or two, but in my case it's illness that's the cause. I don't really want to get on here and complain about how weak I am or sick I've been and frankly don't have the energy anyway. I used most of my today's energy in my first shower in a week, and I always used to do it daily. I have weeks worth of snail mail to open, and it just exhausts me. I would dearly love to have the mental energy to join in the verbal fun, but it's about all I can do to get my package off in the mail!!
Old 07-23-2012, 08:55 AM
Swap Hosts

Awwww, Greenini. Not talking about you, sweetie. I know you've been having an awful time of it and hope that things turn around soon.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:57 AM

Some just either don't have a digital camera or they haven't figured out how to post. I know for me, it took a very long time, a lot of grrrrr moments and many e-mails of instructions. Then it just seemed like 1 day it all clicked, but then I had to go over it upteen times so I'd remember. I figure if my partner doesn't and sends me a PM, then this is the state she's in, so like this month I posted what I had sent. Are we ready for next month yet??
Old 07-23-2012, 09:30 AM

I am!! I think it is harder for everyone to spend too much time here. The warm weather/spring/summer stuff takes up so much time. I think people have/use more time on the internet in the winter, when you can't do much else. There is so much to remember when posting pictures. Once I figured out how, it is pretty simple. Problem is, the camera I use has too high quality so I have to resize it. For some reason I forget about that every time and have to go back and start over all the time. Grrrrrrrrrrr!
I know I have been extra busy. Purging my hoard!! Having a garage sale this week and I have decided to get rid of stuff. My DD is helping, and she knows that she has to toss some stuff when I am not looking. LOL Actually, I am not as bad as what you see on the program "hoarding, buried alive", but want to make sure I never do. LOL Using their tips has been very helpful..For instance, I gave my kids about half of my Christmas decorations last year. They left with both their trucks full. Well, this time I looked around and I had 5 red and green totes, 2 black and orange totes and several other totes/boxes/ etc to go through. So I decided I would only keep what would fit in the respective totes. Five Christmas, two Halloween, two Easter. Anything that didn't fit was going. If I found something I wanted and it didn't fit, I either traded or tossed, but something had to go. I really felt good about it in the end. Of course, that was only what was in the garage. I have some stuff inside! LOL

Last edited by buslady; 07-23-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:43 AM

krystyna...........Ok.......I am guilty.........it's been a hot humid summer......can't seem to get my kick back.......by the time I get home from work......get my plants watered and whatever else I need to do I am wiped.........yesterday I did take pictures so tonight I am hoping to post all my received goodies.......seems like everything is one step at a time..............I did PM'd my secret pals when my package was received.........it's just the posting of the pictures that it happening very sllllllllllllooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwlllllllllllllll llllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy............I promise I will try to be better.............