Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap >

July Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap

July Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap

Old 08-07-2013, 07:53 AM
Power Poster

I will try and get yours finished just as soon as you tell me which one of the flutterbys you wanted lynnie. The mailing confirmation says the pattern will be here tomorrow. A bee, ladybug or butterfly.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Power Poster

A bee, unless the butterfly or ladybug is easier. you're supposed to get it on Saturday. hope it gets there earlier.don't kill yourself over this. Yours went out about 1:15 est. and you should get it by Saturday. it was back to school themed. Love you're new avatar, is that from your yard???
Old 08-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Power Poster

Yes that is a hybrid from my yard. Don't you just love pink roses? They smell heavenly. There is tons of things blooming up a storm for the summer. My favorite are the turk's cap. They are a peachy-rust colored tall lily that are taller than I am this year! I can't get too near it because the hummingbird feeder is in that part of the yard as well. So I enjoy them from afar.

I am so very excited about my back to school pincushion, lynnie. It sounds so interesting. I loved school and all the classes. Hard work, but, it was worth every minute.

I will watch for it. When I get the new pattern, I will make it and get it to you. This is a pattern by Heather Bailey called flutterby, I believe. I really like their patterns, being a gardener too.

These pics were from this morning.
Attached Thumbnails 000_2998.jpg  

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 08-07-2013 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:22 PM

Red, when I come down there this month, you have to let me make one.
Love your flowers. Mine are blooming and about done. I have some just like yours.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Power Poster

Ok, I hope we have time for making one quiltermomma. I will get the materials ready, just in case. Looking forward to it.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Power Poster

oooohhhh, you two are having a quilting party without me. show us pictures please.
I thought those orange lilies were call tiger lilies. at least here on the island we call them that. they grow wild.
I went around our condo development and AQUIRED some bulbs,(dug them up and replanted them) in front of our bedroom window. next year I will go around again and get some to put in the woods across from me. i'm upset, all the grapevines had grapes in may, now they have disappeared, no sign of them. I wanted to try and make wine.
post a photo of your pc when you get it. ooohhh honey booboo is on, gotta go
Old 08-08-2013, 02:26 AM
Power Poster

Those flowers are the color of one of my day lilies that have come and gone. Right now my butterfly bush is blooming heavy, and has been for awhile with more to go. I only planted it last year, and it bloomed then too. It is huge, and I love it. It is true to its name, because butterflies stay on it. Love all those pretty pin cushions.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
Thank you everyone. It was fun to make up with my vintage fabrics. I knew judy likes buttons, so I had to put some on there for her.
Once I commit to something it bothers me until it is finished. Let me know when you are ready to send judy.
I had said I was going to finish the quilt before I did the swap, but now that you are done, I better get on the job and make you a pincushion! But I don't feel bad, you too had said you were going to finish a project and make the cushion next week! Will let you know when it is ready to go, should be by tomorrow. And yes, I like buttons!
Old 08-08-2013, 08:03 AM
Power Poster

This making pincushions is so addicting! It is like putting you hand into a light socket. LOL .. you just can't stop. There is no hurry at all judy, I just wanted to let you know it was finished, that's all.

I will be working on a fall batik table runner for my neighbor today. She traded for it with some really great fabrics. Now that is a smart neighbor. She knew that I don't sew for money.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 08-08-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:40 AM
Power Poster

wow, nice neighbor. I have people asking and saying,"i know you wouldn't mind, because you sew. or you sew so fast, it won't take you long to make me a ......, and the best is, you can make me....., I know you can practice on mine." yeah right.
on another note. these cushions are so addicting, b4 I go to be at night, I search the web for pincushion ideas.