Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap >

July Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap

July Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap

Old 08-08-2013, 11:54 AM

red and lynnie -- I won't sew for money because invariably, no matter if you do exactly what they asked for in exactly the colors they picked out themselves, and it is sewn perfectly .... they will find fault with it. So I just say no when someone asks. Was really hard to say "the dirty little word" the first time a neighbor asked, but I knew how picky she is and knew it would somehow turn out wrong!
Old 08-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Power Poster

Judy, so are sooooo right on that topic, and I think that's the end of that!!!!

On another note, I went to pick up jewelry yesterday from my jeweler that;s been sitting there since may. I kept going on the wrong days and he was closed. so I saw a nice tennis bracelet. brought back my mil to get her opinion. wrong!!!!!!!!! she got the white gold, I took the yellow gold. i'll be picking it up in a month or so, on lay away now. it's 5 carats of diamonds set in 14k gold for $1,500. I think I got a great deal. I never pay over cost. got it for less than his replacement price. now to pay it off...and I want to buy fabric too. I can always sell it if I need more money for fabs.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
Received an adorable watermelon slice from Blue Cat -- thanks, Laura, I love it, and it looks great with some of my other pincushions, doesn't it?
You're welcome, Judy. It does, indeed, look fine with your other beautiful pincushions. laura
Old 08-08-2013, 09:27 PM

No need to apologize, IrelandDragonQuilting. Melissa and I are practically interchangeable parts. A thank you to one of us is a thank you to both. We are each involved in the other's work. You are welcome from both of us. Love, Laura and Melissa.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
on to another subject...
themes for the pc's. I love them, it stretches our imagination. now lets say the theme is animals. it doesn't mean you have to make an animal, how about using animal fabric, or animal print fabric. We all love that mushroom, every month a different theme on the mushroom. a cat or dog on the mushroom. get it. it makes it more fun, and we can grow our stash, like we really need to do that, and come up with new ideas. back to school, use a school print. it's soooo much fun to me to have a subject each month. don't be fearful of it, embrace it and let your imagination flow!!!!
lynnie, i can't fault your logic about a theme. i have a different opinion, however. the themes make it harder for me to participate. i am too ill to sew many days. waiting for the theme when we mail so soon after the announcement makes it hard for me to be able to ship on time. and i hate it when i ship late. it's just not fair to my partner. i admit i do love to have to be creative to follow the theme. what i would like is to have a suggested theme. then i could get some pincushions done early to send if i can't get the themed pc done in time. love, laura
Old 08-08-2013, 10:05 PM

lauriejo, awesome pc that you sent to oldrosebud. wtg
Old 08-09-2013, 03:14 AM

blue cat -that is a good point about the themes. I would still love any PC I received even if it didn't fit the theme for the month. That is strictly my opinion of course. I am in awe of the talent of each lady in this swap even on the whole board for that matter. I don't belong to a guild, so you guys are my 'group'.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:37 AM
Power Poster

Me too oldrosebud. This is my guild and girls I quilt with. I do know many of the quilters in the guilds in the community from going so many years to the quilt shows and from kitty who used to live next door to me. She belonged to two of them and had many of the gals over for meetings.
My LAQ is the president of the daytime chapter of the Truckee Meadows Quilter's guild. She is such a nice lady. The evening president lives around the corner from me, but we butt heads and aren't friends. But she is a nice lady too.

The thing about a theme is, there are constant things that happen every year during the each season. Also, certain type animals and insects are more visible during these months. By thinking about those things you can get ahead of the swap. I agree that the theme should be highly flexible to the season. That way people have time to make a nice cushion and not be under the gun.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Power Poster

it's never written in stone, and I agree, it should be optional. but sometimes, I like the challenge. I do have pc's made in advance for favors-gifts. but I enjoy a theme from time to time. stretches the imagination, not the same old same old. there's no reason you can't do the theme as the fabric, but if you're ill, do what ever you can do. it was only the suggestion. I would love regular, ie square or round pc, that was excellently executed. I just have a very vivid imagination, and need to tone it down a bit at times. with that, I say, let the fun begin,,,and red, your pc should be arriving tomorrow, Saturday. hope you like it.

and all you here are my guild too. I said at game Friday, my friend red is getting a pc tomorrow, I hope she likes it. someone said you have a friend redgarnet, so yes, I consider you all my friends. we talk about all things here and look to each other for support.

Last edited by lynnie; 08-09-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:11 PM
Power Poster

Oh my Lynnie! Thank you so very much. I will value that friendship, I promise you. I got the apple pin cushion just now from the mailbox. An apple core, how neat and original.

What a creative, wonderful mind you have, Lynnie. Thank you so very much! I also got the pincushion pattern I plan on making yours with today out of the mail box, so sunday I will get it started on it for you. I finished the tablerunner for my neighbor, so this is perfect timing.

Have a great weekend everyone and stay safe.
Attached Thumbnails 000_3009.jpg