Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: July Secret Swap Closes June 31st 4:00 pm CST

Crispy_Frog, the $10 limit is supposed to apply to items purchased, not stuff you had in your stash or what you make. I often find items at thrift stores or garage sales. I often go over the $10 limit, but it is because I want to. I never am upset when I get a gift that stayed int he budget. It is just wonderful to get mail and know thought was put in the package. Just have fun with the packages and enjoy!
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. ― Albert Einstein

Just letting everyone know I am on vacation from the 17th to the 28th. I will not be online as I will be in Alaska for my B-day.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy_Frog View Post
    Oh boy...I am really nervous! I'm reading about all the wonderful packages being received. Confusing that a $10 limit ends up being a $50 value! This is my first time. Hope my pal will be OK with what I sent.
    Please, do not worry at all!!! I'm sure your pal will be fine. I spent $12 but that was because of the exchange rate LOL ... everything else that I sent to my secret pal was from my stash at home, so cost me nothing else. Trust me, the postage is expensive, so a $10 limit is nice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by catjo View Post
    I think it may be you or Armylady. Not enough hints to pinpoint it yet. I love trying to figure out who it is. )
    Since you already have part of your package, I'll fess up!!! It's me!!! Did you get the one you wanted? Because when I searched for it there were three!!!! If you want to exchange, let me know and I'll give you the order details!

You should get the rest of it soon, it was supposed to be there by today

I appreciate the reassuring posts. I love to see what everyone got! Thanks for sharing.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Crispy_Frog. Like hav4boys said some go over some don't. This is supposed to be fun. Don't stress about it. When I first started (not this swap but another one) I sent things that I thought were nice and some things that I made. When I was looking at some pictures the following year I realized that most of the things that I had sent to my secret santa the past year were sent to someone else the next year. I was upset as I felt like I had really bombed out in the sending department and I felt bad that the person I had sent the items to didn't like them. I have since realized that you can't please everyone you can just do your best. Some things you receive you may not be able to use but maybe someone else can. The main thing is to have fun with the swap. We all want our partner to like what we send. We just do our best.

BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

I hope everyone is okay if some of their package items get re-gifted...If I can't use something, I will pass it on to someone who can...Doesn't mean it wasn't appreciated, some things might be a duplicate, or just not my style.

I so agree with Faintly Artistic. I had a friend join for one month and she got an email from another swapper saying the items she received were re-gifted, that she was the originator of the items. Needless to say, she never joined again. I always enclose a note welcoming anything that does not fit their taste to be re-gifted. It is not personal. The swap is fun and everyone does their best. The more info on your sheet, the easier it is to meet your wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Faintly Artistic View Post
    I hope everyone is okay if some of their package items get re-gifted...If I can't use something, I will pass it on to someone who can...Doesn't mean it wasn't appreciated, some things might be a duplicate, or just not my style.

I received a wonderful package from verna2197 yesterday. Lovely fabrics, Twizzlers, a nail kit, a key holder, two magazines, a carry bag, and a lovely card case she made for me. I have a e-mail problem involving sending photos
    from my cell account. I will talk to my phone company and then post my photo!

Thank you, Verna!

Mailed my package today. SP should receive on Mon or Tue. I, too, am nervous. Fingers crossed that I understood her most wanted item as that is what I attempted to obtain. And considering it's the only thing that I sent, I'm really hoping that it works out for her!

I am fairly new to this swap and can honestly say I have received many things that I thought that I could not find anything to use it for and then all of a sudden I need it. I am very happy to receive anything that my partner sends. you just have to do what you are able to do for your partner and I would say getting their most wanted item would make them happy. I always try to get the most wanted item for whom ever I am partnered with sometimes it takes a little web surfing and a call to my LQS and usually I can find it if not I just try to send some other items that they have asked for.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy_Frog View Post
    Oh boy...I am really nervous! I'm reading about all the wonderful packages being received. Confusing that a $10 limit ends up being a $50 value! This is my first time. Hope my pal will be OK with what I sent.
    I did that also on my swap. I went over the limit for the extra and was afraid they would "kick" me off. I also mailed so early she had to wait a month to open it. It went across the "Pond" LOL

OMG I could not believe what I received today from Marietta my secret partner. Thank you, Thank you so much I love and can use everything. First I want to say that I hope your back gets better soon or at least you fine relief.

I just did a summer block swap and was looking for fabric to use so I could add to the smaller blocks to make them 12.5 blocks so what you sent will definitely help me out. Thank you so much for the pressing pad and the ruler I do a lot of appliqué and it will help save my iron, the ruler I will use on patterns that I have that called for it and I am sure I can make others to, ok I am sure I have bored everyone so here is a picture.

Name:  IMG_1485.JPG
Views: 60
Size:  1.45 MBAgain Thank you for everything.

Hi Guys,

I have received the most wonderful package from Maxi (Armylady) this month. She sent my most wanted item... red fabrics (I am collecting for a large bargello) and lots of other items. She is so thoughtful and kind (like so many of you)....... as much as I love getting the swaps through the mail (sure beat the bills - LOL LOL) it is the friendships that I am making that I cherish! So Maxie... thank you so much, I will love using everything that you sent!

Name:  July 17 SP.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  170.3 KB

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by MarionsQuilts View Post
    Since you already have part of your package, I'll fess up!!! It's me!!! Did you get the one you wanted? Because when I searched for it there were three!!!! If you want to exchange, let me know and I'll give you the order details!

You should get the rest of it soon, it was supposed to be there by today
    I received the box yesterday. But, I have been down all week with a respiratory creepy crud. The one you ordered was the correct one. I can't wait to start making them, (4), for Christmas presents for my group at church.

I can't show you this wonderful box full of items. My camera and this site don't speak to each other.

My box included 2 plastic items that you use for storing large pieces of fabric, (glad you told me, as I had no clue. I had never seen them before), several spools of pretty thread, quilting magazines, (never can get enough of them), fabric, labels, 3 patterns, 2 Christmas pieces that will make a really nice center for table runners. All these items are wonderful! Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness. I hope I will receive your name soon and can repay your kindness.
    Happy Quilting!
    Cathy

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
    Just letting everyone know I am on vacation from the 17th to the 28th. I will not be online as I will be in Alaska for my B-day.
    Happy early Birthday hav4boys. Hope you have a great time on your vacation. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Armylady glad you liked your package. I had wanted to join the Summer block swap but it didn't work out, so I lurked lol. All the blocks everyone made were wonderful. I thought I had remembered seeing your name in the thread so went to check and while picking out fabric to send to you hoped you could use at least some of them if you needed to make extra blocks. Yeah

Catjo Hope your feeling better soon..huggs

Happy Birthday hav4boys Have a wonderful birthday and vacation

My 2 cents about the earlier comments on packages and re-gifting. I love handmade and re-gifts. The first is so warm and personal and the second, why keep something around if your not using it when someone else can. I don't send stuff from my stash with the purpose of "getting it out of the way", Someone shared a blessing with me I am passing it on. I have favorite patterns, magazines, books etc in my stuff...I make a copy for myself and pass those along, I like to share lol. I just expect that some of the things I send will be re-gifted and passed on, I even say in my notes Please do send it down the road if you don't like it or have no use for it. I have seen a several items I sent to someone, sent along to someone else..I like it. It's not sitting in a box in a corner somewhere.
    Like the quilts I make...I tell everyone," USE IT please, don't fold it up and keep it out of the way. It was made to be used. There are alot of prayers for you and yours that went along with all those stitches"

Monday I go to the spine surgeon to get options for this herniated disc, pinched nerve, sciatica etc etc etc Wish me luck

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Marietta Lots of good wishes go out to you on Monday. Hopefully they will be able to help you. Hugs BrendaK

My SS should be receiving her package by Thursday..........
    LaQuita (aka) - Yai-Yai to the most precious grandbaby around of course I'm partial! LOL

HAPPY QUILTING!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea

I just got back from a weekend away and I received the most lovely package from my secret pal, Brenda. What a box of goodies she sent!

I received two patterns, pin magnets, lotion, doggie treats, kitchen towel, lots of fat quarters, a pencil case and journal, magazines, etc....it was WONDERFUL! I am having operator error issues with my phone or I'd attach a picture. It was Amazing!

While the dogs were munching their treats, I read her lovely note. She was kind enough to not only welcome me to the board and hope I enjoyed my very first secret swap, but she indicated if there was anything in there I couldn't use, or didn't care for, to please re-gift. I thought that was thoughtful. I believe I will be keeping everything I received, but it was nice knowing she would not be offended if I regifted, and she saw I had passed it on to someone else who might cherish it. I appreciate that gesture! this was something I learned and will be passing on that same information the next time I do a swap, just so people don't feel uncomfortable with regifting. Personally, I think it is a great way to make sure things land in the lap they are intended for

Thanks again!!
    Chris

catjo: hope you are feeling better each day.

marietta: I used to work for an ortho surgeon. I've seen amazing work come out of those hospitals! I wish you well and can't wait to hear the positive outcome. Prayers and hugs sent your way.

Chris

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Hi Chris. I am glad that you enjoyed your package. You didn't have a most wanted so I tried to send a variety of items.
    Hope to see you back next month. Hugs BrendaK

Verna would love to see pics of your crafts your making and can't wait to see your finished quilts

Here are some of the items I have been working on, Plus I have put designs on towels and made FSL Christmas Ornaments, working on another Rag Quilt but a larger one.

Name:  DSCN0021.JPG
Views: 39
Size:  162.4 KBName:  DSCN0025.JPG
Views: 38
Size:  185.0 KBName:  DSCN0029.JPG
Views: 38
Size:  168.2 KB
    I collect Seraphim Angels

Verna, You have been busy. Do you have a pattern for your totes? I always have to make our church mission, "school bags", and I would love to find a much easier, quicker tote to make. Has to be big enough to carry spiral bound notebook size. Let me know. All the items look wonderful!

I am much better today, but still have the cough, but not near as bad, and my voice is almost back to normal. Thanks for all the well wishes!
    Happy Quilting!
    Cathy

Hey Catjo nope no pattern just look at one and I figure out how to make it. I can try to make you something up to use as a pattern if you would like. Would be no problem
    I collect Seraphim Angels

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast