Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June 2010 Doll Quilt Swap -- Lucky #13 >

June 2010 Doll Quilt Swap -- Lucky #13

June 2010 Doll Quilt Swap -- Lucky #13

Old 06-29-2010, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by sapdoggie
Originally Posted by Gramakitten
I received a Great Beauty from Sapdoggie today. I will post pictures in a little while. Working on a bank deposit at the moment. It is soooooooo cute. Thanks
Glad you liked it. It was something different for me to try.
I'll get a picture up of the one you sent me later after the chores are done. :wink: :wink: :wink:
Here is the picture of the grand quilt Gramakitten sent. It is a lovingly-made addition to the collection.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-85330.jpe   attachment-85331.jpe   attachment-85332.jpe  
Old 06-29-2010, 08:04 AM

Wow!!! It's starting to get hard to keep up with All of these Beautiful quilts that are coming in. Just beautiful.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:10 AM

Another very nice quilt. It's soft looking.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:55 AM

Glad you like it! I got yours last night, and it's just stunning! I'll post a pic tonight.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:33 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by TanyaMas
these are all so pretty :D

i cant wait til i get good enough to join things like this :D
takes me too long to hand quilt, and still cant machine quilt lol. id be too embarrassed now.. maybe next year :D
That's the beauty of this swap! You get better as you go. Please don't hold back because of that. I only handquilted before I started the DQ swap and didn't have the nerve to try new things, but after joining, I found it so much easier to try new things on the smaller project. I have learned soooo much and you will too. Jump in and enjoy! The water is fine! You are missing out on a lot of fun and you don't need to. :-) Just scale your project down so it is small enough that you can complete it in a month, and if you need more time, this swap works around that too. :-) Please join. :-)
Old 06-29-2010, 12:54 PM

I received a Great Beauty from Sapdoggie today. I will post pictures in a little while. Working on a bank deposit at the moment. It is soooooooo cute. Thanks
Glad you liked it. It was something different for me to try.
I'll get a picture up of the one you sent me later after the chores are done. :wink: :wink: :wink:
Here is the picture of the grand quilt Gramakitten sent. It is a lovingly-made addition to the collection.

It's very pretty! :-D
Old 06-29-2010, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
vbourck - I delivered your quilt to the Post Office today, and they predicted it should arrive Monday (or Tuesday at the latest). Let me know if you don't get it.
Nancy, I received your fabulous quilt yesterday, will take a pic tomorrow to post. I have finished yours, but feel you will be disappointed as it is not nearly so good as what you sent. I feel lucky to get the one you sent, as well as all the neat goodies. THANK YOU sew much for your beautiful work of art! I will mail yours tomorrow.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:30 AM

Im mailing quilts out to Quilt4u and Smtp5 today, hope you both like them.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:32 AM

I just opened the most beautiful DQ from my partner, Lucylockett. I will post after my husband charges the camera! I dont have hers finished yet and I sure dont have the skills she does! It is absolutely gorgeous! THANK YOU SOO MUCH Lucy.

Margie
Old 06-30-2010, 08:45 AM

Nancy, I received your fabulous quilt yesterday, will take a pic tomorrow to post. I have finished yours, but feel you will be disappointed as it is not nearly so good as what you sent. I feel lucky to get the one you sent, as well as all the neat goodies. THANK YOU sew much for your beautiful work of art! I will mail yours tomorrow.[/quote from vbourck]
------------------------------
Oh puh-leez, it wasn't that big a deal, and it was a really simple pattern to do. I felt like I was cheating because it was so easy. But thank you for your kind words, and I'm glad you liked it. And I WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED, so please don't think that. Each quilt represents the maker's time and thought and friendship, and that's what it's all about!!!