Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June 2023 Secret Pal Swap Sign-up! Come join the fun. Sign-ups close 5/31/2023 >

June 2023 Secret Pal Swap Sign-up! Come join the fun. Sign-ups close 5/31/2023

June 2023 Secret Pal Swap Sign-up! Come join the fun. Sign-ups close 5/31/2023

Old 06-15-2023, 07:56 AM

What wonderful package.

My secret pals item will not be here until Sunday, so her package will go out on the 18th. It will be worth the wait.

Hope everyone is having a great day. I was blessed to get away with a friend from church for a girl's camping trip. It was very much needed. I love being outdoors.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 06-15-2023, 09:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quilting chipmunk View Post

Dear Goat Mom,
What a wonderful surprise package of goodies arrived! Thank you so much! I’m making my young grandsons “grown up “ quilts called Union Square and am using a lot of reproduction Civil War fabric. The fabrics you sent will fit in beautifully. I love batiks too and have a quilt as you go Hexie quilt in the works. The scissors will be very helpful too because I leave them with all my various projects and I will enjoy the patterns and books. There are so many projects to do!
I live in mid Michigan close to Michigan State and there are many farms in the area. I was a 4-H leader for years and we spent many good times with my kids hanging out with big and small animals.
Thank you for everything! Pat
What a fun items. That Quilt a Gift book looks very interesting. It is fun to see everyone's packages come in. Thank you for posting pictures. I agree with you Kathy. Camping in nature is good for the soul for me. We are winging our way over Vancouver Island today. Lots of beautiful green nature, trees and water. I won't be back for a little while but my adult children will receive and keep the secret pal package when it comes in. I was able to stop at BrendaK earlier this month and bring her secret pal package in person. We were able to take her and her husband out for lunch and dinner. Afterwards we played cards at our motorhome. Thank you BrendaK and husband. Such a good times together.
Old 06-15-2023, 11:30 AM

Hi Pat,
I'm so glad that you like everything. We are also a 4-H family - first with our kids and now the grandsons. The husband and daughter's family raise show pigs and butcher hogs. My contribution is fresh goat milk to raise any little pigs if something happens to their mom and help finish out the butcher hogs. I use it to make soap but have too much for that.

Hugs,
Jennifer
Old 06-16-2023, 10:02 AM

Talking It's Here!

My June swap arrived yesterday from LogCabin82 and what a delightful package to get! (I still don't get the photo thing!)
I got a great package of KONA charm squares in bright solid colors, a Baked Potato Bag with instructions to make more of them, very colorful big buttons, a sewing machine cleaning kit, a spool of gray thread, the cutest little Beetle needle threader. a package of microtex sewing machine needles, and an unknown object which I will ask her about in my thank you. The colors alone were a delight. It is such fun to open these mystery packages!
Old 06-16-2023, 02:03 PM

Haha! Glad you liked it Pam! The unknown object is a mug rug and the silicone part can tolerate really hot beverages!
Old 06-17-2023, 05:50 AM

Default On its way!

I dropped my package off at the post office this morning. It's on its way west! With the holiday on Monday, I didn't check to see when it will arrive...but surely sometime next week.

Happy sewing everyone!
Old 06-18-2023, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post

Hope everyone is having a great day. I was blessed to get away with a friend from church for a girl's camping trip. It was very much needed. I love being outdoors.

Have a wonderful day.
I am so glad you were able to get away for a girl’s camping trip. I am eyeing some camp like quilt retreats in October. I have a hard time getting away in the summer.
Old 06-21-2023, 09:13 AM

My secret pal package went out yesterday and when I got home, I had forgotten to enclose the card. WHen you get a package from Kathy McCloud... I am your secret pal.
Old 06-21-2023, 09:43 AM

I received a fabulous package from Michelle-quilts. She sent an amazing amount of pink flowers for the Lola and Olive wall hanging I will start soon. She sent 2 books I have not yet read and a yarn for making dish scrubbies. The turtle bowl cozie and potholder are gorgeous and to pretty to use. I even got a birthday necklace for next month. Thank you, Michelle.
Attached Thumbnails fb_img_1687369177489.jpg   lola-olive.jpg  

Last edited by hav4boys; 06-21-2023 at 09:46 AM.
Old 06-21-2023, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
I received a fabulous package from Michelle-quilts. She sent an amazing amount of pink flowers for the Lola and Olive wall hanging I will start soon. She sent 2 books I have not yet read and a yarn for making dish scrubbies. The turtle bowl cozie and potholder are gorgeous and to pretty to use. I even got a birthday necklace for next month. Thank you, Michelle.
My secret pal from last month (which was my birthday month) sent me the necklace. I thought I would pass it along...