Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June fat quarter {fq} swap >

June fat quarter {fq} swap

June fat quarter {fq} swap

Old 06-20-2013, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
I just googled 30s reproduction fabrics and clicked on this store. This should give you an idea. http://www.twiddletails.com/store/in...ort=20a&page=1
Auntypiggy, I know what 30's repro looks like, I just don't like them, so I will most likely sit this one out too.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by MaryMo View Post
Jane, I agree with you for the most part about the rest of the world were more like quilters, but I'm still stinging from a moment with the Chief of Quilt Police last night. She told I wasn't a true quilter or artist because my quilts did not contain a coordinating mixture of large print, medium print and various colors and hues combine into an organized design. I asked about the quality and value of Gee's Bend Quilters. Her nose went in the air and she turned and started talking to another person treating me as if I was not there ..... for the rest of the evening. She made sure I was also snubbed by others. Me being me did not walk away and acted as if I enjoyed the gathering. But today it stings and I will give none of those involved the time of day (or support for any of their activities) for a long, long time.
I would have been right there with you, Girl. Most of my "planned" quilts are two different fabrics. My daughter always tells me she can't figure out how such "ugly" material turns into a beautiful quilt. I was a little worried when I joined the Boom 9 about what people would say about my blocks, but I got nothing but good advice and thanks. Dump the guild and stick with us.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:38 AM

Dump the guild and tell they why if you are asked, Lstew2212! That was totally RUDE! I go to a local Quilting Bee every Wednesday...I am a new member and most of the ladies have been going for more than 30 years. The lady that started it is still at its helm. First day I went she welcomed me and told me there is no gossip there..just a group of women that enjoy quilting. That was fine with me because I feel the same way. I have learned something every time I go..there are master quilters there, quilting teachers and some of us that are just loving what we do. It is such fun and I simply can't wait for Wednesday to come around! Quilting Police are not welcome. I was sort of scared to show them some of my work but they were all so appreciative...it really feels good to go there...just very warm and comforting..

I love 30's quilts and am looking forward to the '30's exchange...Darlene Zimmerman has a new line of repo fabrics at my LQS!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
Me too???? I don't like the 30's either. Will need someone else tho if createfourpaws and elisabrat are partners.
I wasn't going to participate in the 30's swap either. So I can join the group that wants to swap something else for July. Purplecat
Old 06-20-2013, 11:08 AM

I love 30's so I will be in for two!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
Createfourpaws and Elisabrat~you two could swap something else with each other if you don't want to do 30's repros....let me know...

Elisabrat and I have already been in contact and are planning on doing just that. I am open to having a second partner if someone else wants to swap with me. Just send me a PM and we can make it happen.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
Elisabrat and I have already been in contact and are planning on doing just that. I am open to having a second partner if someone else wants to swap with me. Just send me a PM and we can make it happen.
Sent you a PM Cindy.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:40 PM

I'm sorry you had such a negative encounter. She clearly is a control freak and snob. I wonder what she would say about Picasso or some other artist who didn't 'follow' her formula. Too bad she is so limited in her creativity. I take it this happened at a guild meeting?? How about there be a meeting on artistic quilts? or scrappy quilts??? - - - Jane
Old 06-20-2013, 02:07 PM

Ladies, Your opinion please, I have Aunt Gracie fabric for the 30's....is that ok?
Old 06-20-2013, 03:43 PM

sounds good to me!!