Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - Signup Ends May 31 >

June Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - Signup Ends May 31

June Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - Signup Ends May 31

Old 05-29-2015, 07:23 PM

Just been sewing klaws.....hubby left for a 10 day "guy's only retreat" to the mountans this morning. I'm having myself a little retreat too, way less laundry, less cooking, etc.....
Old 05-30-2015, 03:27 AM

Wow, Jaba, lucky you. Enjoy!
Old 05-30-2015, 04:59 AM

I have my pin cushion made, now to get my name and see if I have made one that is suitable for my partner's taste! Have my needle case all planned out and am ready to make it, too.

Three of my kids, the teenagers, are off to Civil Air Patrol camp for a week. I love peace and quiet, but this house is entirely too quiet. Plus, I keep making way too much food! The three younger kids and I will be busy holding down the fort, but boy do I miss them.

I'll be checking in on the thread and anxiously await getting my partner's name!
Old 05-30-2015, 08:54 AM

Jaba my hubby goes away twice a year for his job. I miss him but love the time to do wantever i like.I usually shop,sew and eat out!!
Old 05-30-2015, 07:21 PM

Gees it's only been a day and I miss him already..going to go nuts by next weekend. He left with instructions for a couple of chores...feed his dog and the chickens but I'm gathering those yummy eggs. Been sewing on blocks that I've received from the various swaps, mercy didn't realize how many quilts I had waiting to sew together. 3 more to do, actually started them last Monday and then I'll need to get about 12 quilted. Good thing is I won't run out of something to do. Think tomorrow I'll drive and go see our new twin grandbabies if they are going to be home. Haven't seen the boys in 10 days and on Monday they'll be 2 weeks old.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:39 PM

HI ALL:
Been sewing all afternoon and have decided I AM NOT TO DO ANYTHING diagonal.....I got the top of a twin quilt almost done and realized 2 rows were missing and bare had enough fabric for 2 rows....got them made and promptly DID NOT include them into the quilt. After all that work.... I Chucked it out I was so mad.... and I KNOW everyone out there has had a real screw up project some where along your sewing years!!!.... OH well.... it wasn't in colors I really like nor was it a gift that needed to get done! I feel better now that I have vented to gals who know exactly how It feels!!! A good laugh at least!!!
Old 05-31-2015, 04:44 AM

Oh Jan! I feel so bad for you! I am glad to hear that I am not the only that has flubbed something and gotten so frustrated by my attempts to "make it right" that I threw it into the garbage! Sometimes it seems like the situation just snowballs and "chucking it out" is the only way to prevent an avalanche! LOL

BIG HUGS!!!!
(A Kitty Kuddle should make you feel better!)
Old 05-31-2015, 07:17 AM

This is the last day to sign up for the swap. If anyone is interested, please send me a PM. This is the smallest group we've had since I started hosting...15 including me.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:27 AM

Karen, I guess there is just too much other stuff to do now that the weather is nice. I was debating on doing two swaps this month and that would even up the swap numbers! I started looking at pincushions and found another one I wanted to make!
Old 05-31-2015, 08:10 AM

Thanks so much PnP. I've got you signed up for two.