Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

Blog Entries
    If anyone knows jleister please ask her to contact me. I need her swap information, I mistakely deleted it. I can't give her sp the info and I can't give jleister her sp info until I have it. Thanks Lori

Blog Entries
    I got my SP..and I am so excited...she is an angel!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Quote Originally Posted by greenini View Post
    Got my SP she lives in an "old" state, between 2 states I used to live in and she is N of me.

Just a note, most months I get the SP data and it's all scrunched (technical computer term there guys) together. So I copy the info to wordpad and then separate it into lines like it started out. Takes about 5 mins but it's soooo much easier to read!!!

My SP this month has an embroidery machine, and I was wondering if she might be able to use an M bobbin, I accidently bought some instead of the smaller bobbins I use.

On to the buying and packaging and shipping and finishing up the handmade thing if I can!
    YES why is it all together like that, it doesn't even have spaces between the words. VERY hard to read. I don't understand , it comes to us in list form and we fill it out and it comes back all run together ??????
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...6BC2680921.png
    " You can be a master of every thing you do. Every thing you do may not be a masterpiece, understand that, then do the best you can with what you've got".Maya Angelou

Blog Entries
    I found something special on my secret pals wish list - YEA!!!!!

Every month I sign up for the swap I feel like I'm sending a "Dear Santa" letter but in our case it's a "Dear Secret Pal" letter - it's very easy to confuse the two as sometime throughout the month a package will arrive in the mail bringing with it all the magic and excitement of mystery wondering what is inside - just like Christmas morning waiting to open the package that Santa delivered to your house.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
    I got my SP..and I am so excited...she is an angel!
    They're all angels

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grammyj View Post
    YES why is it all together like that, it doesn't even have spaces between the words. VERY hard to read. I don't understand , it comes to us in list form and we fill it out and it comes back all run together ??????
    i just copy mine over to word and "fix" it and then it works perfectly.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
    If anyone knows jleister please ask her to contact me. I need her swap information, I mistakely deleted it. I can't give her sp the info and I can't give jleister her sp info until I have it. Thanks Lori
    i had her for a partner once a long time ago. if i remember correctly she does not post on the board frequently.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)

Got my SP info - can't wait to put together a great package. I am currently in Colorado Springs visiting my parents and lots of quilt shops. Will definetely look for fabrics to include in her package. To the person sending a package to me....I will be back home Wednesday. DH is there to get mail but cannot always count on getting the message that a package came for me. Hope everyone is doing well. Must continue shopping!!

Blog Entries
    Got my SPas well, cant wait to start packing. I think this is my third time. I have kept a tote in closet for years that I put stuff I find on clearance. You never know when you might need a last minute gift. This swap is perfect for this tote of mine. LOL anyway. Iv visited about half the states, and surprisingly, never been to the state she calls home. I do hope to get there some day.

Have had the worst day ever in history of life....i wish everyone the best and always pray for everyone, thank you for adding me in here at the board where i feel apart. Got my Sp and I hope I figured out they can maybe make more snowmen then me. lol. have a good night .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fayzer View Post
    Are you sure she likes sweat?
    LOL< I think it must be me! I like sweat! hehe... And I have to admit I told a lie!!! It was purly by accident~ I said my new secret friend is from a New State, well it isn't really new! I was mistaken... Please forgive me!

So My SP is really a long way from me but I have been to her State and I truly love it there! I have been sewing like a crazy quilter today, trying to get some projects finished.
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    I am so sorry you have had a bad day~ Tomorrow will be better, sending prayers your way.
    Quote Originally Posted by joejoe31 View Post
    Have had the worst day ever in history of life....i wish everyone the best and always pray for everyone, thank you for adding me in here at the board where i feel apart. Got my Sp and I hope I figured out they can maybe make more snowmen then me. lol. have a good night .
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Lori, you are great and when I thought about what it takes to set things up, I'm guessing you have to use a spread sheet just to sort out this motley crue! Sorry if I was impatient, this is just about the most fun that I've had in a while.

Joe-joe: don't know what is going on for you but I've been there and have managed to get past the rough spots over time. Hang tough and remember that you are stronger than you think.

As for reformatting the SP info, I do that with each person so that I can highlight a few key ideas or wishes that I'm going to tackle, especially colors.

I'm feeling very "piggy" since I went for more than one this time around and boy am I all over the map. I also made some new buddies happy on another board where they were seeking Harry Potter fabric which I had languishing in my stash. It feels good to pass along something that someone else so desperately wants and I won't ever use. Does anyone else sell stuff on here?

I went to a quilt show yesterday and managed to lose my Sp printouts so I didn't find anything off their lists but I did see a really cool idea that I can make so my SP buddies will definitely be receiving something homemade and it won't be a glittered monkey or mini- manicure set which absolutely no one seems to want.

and now the hints:

One loves dark chocolate just like me, not sure how I can get it there intact because of the heat....
    One loves purple. Like swirls girlfriend?
    I had to place a special order to make one happy.
    One has a pet I've never owned but my son Noah has one named Bodega (rescued from the streets of Brooklyn)
    One does volunteer work in a place that is near and dear to my heart.
    One uses the same quilt patterns as me.
    One collects something I think of as rather practical but she must love having lots to choose from.

and finally, one question to you all: Has anyone ever made wonky house blocks? Just to be an over achiever, I signed up for a block swap too and although my blocks aren't very crooked, they are kind of awesome (at least in my humble opinion). I still could use some help with improving there wonky-ness.

Have a happy day everyone!
    Last edited by Pinkwater; 06-03-2012 at 04:24 AM. Reason: attached wrong photos!
    Leslie M aka Pinkwater
    from Long Island, NY
    fabric junkie and crafter

Ok finally was able to print my sp info. She and I have lots in common to include the military. I'm going shopping today to find some goodies for her and to make her a special gift. Yep my sewing room is up and running!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
    LOL< I think it must be me! I like sweat! hehe... And I have to admit I told a lie!!! It was purly by accident~ I said my new secret friend is from a New State, well it isn't really new! I was mistaken... Please forgive me!
    oh marybeth you can't take that hint back now. we all know what the 'new' state is.
    My Quiltboard Blog

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkwater View Post
    ....Does anyone else sell stuff on here?......
    there is a for sale section on this board. if you click on the 'home' tab you will find the thread and rules for saling. i believe the thread 'is members only thrift store and yard sale' and there is also a thread for 'items for sale'.

and yes lori goes through a lot to keep this swap running smoothly. plus she has to deal with all of us
    My Quiltboard Blog

Well I have signed up for this months swap and have received my sp info. Can't wait to get started on her package. Still have not gotten my sp package from May, guess it feel into the ocean. That makes it really hard to get motivated to do another one but I really do enjoy this swap.

Verna2197
    I collect Seraphim Angels

Verna did you PM Lori about not getting your swap? She always sets up for a secret angel to send one if yours isn't coming.Mary
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Went shopping after church ... oink-oink here, moo-moo there, here a cluck, there a quack everywhere a paddy whack! La-la-laaaa! Dooodle-oodle-oooo! Clickety-clack! Special for youuuuuuu!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    I hot the jack pot with my SP name.....I was given a HUGE box of fabrics a while ago...and now my sp will reap the benefit...and since it was given to me it does not count as part of the 10.00 right? Then i went through my stash to see what I had in there....and then she will be getting the one thing that she really wanted I had to go to Amazon to order it....none of the LQS's has it here...not even joann's so as soon as that one thing comes .... I will ship my SP box! I just hope that she likes what she gets!

Blog Entries
    *hums and finds things for my SP*

And my SP lives all the way over on the East Coast. Ok, well mebbe not right on the coast. But in a state I lived in for over 15 years.
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reeskylr View Post
    *hums and finds things for my SP*

And my SP lives all the way over on the East Coast. Ok, well mebbe not right on the coast. But in a state I lived in for over 15 years.
    Who is it?
    Krystyna

Quote Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
    Verna did you PM Lori about not getting your swap? She always sets up for a secret angel to send one if yours isn't coming.Mary

Yes Lori already knows about it. Seems as though this person had 2 of us.
    I collect Seraphim Angels

Blog Entries
    My secret pal is wishing for a special pattern - chaching........ I found it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dabbler312 View Post
    My secret pal is wishing for a special pattern - chaching........ I found it.
    Ah, yes. I know that pattern. People who live in the New state use it all the time.
    Krystyna

Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast