Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Secret Pal Swap closes May 31 4pm CST >

June Secret Pal Swap closes May 31 4pm CST

June Secret Pal Swap closes May 31 4pm CST

Old 06-11-2014, 10:43 AM

Dear SP...
Today I laid my hands on your favorite fabric while at quilt group. Got to love friends!! They may have different stashes than you and almost always ready to make a trade.
Today's clues are:
Your city falls in the municipalities range of 1000 - 5000.
There is a Victorian House with an odd name that has been visited by a former President.

Humm reading the clues... and I seen a few that could be me but there is one that really stands out to me.

Toodles,
Tricia
Old 06-11-2014, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter View Post
Hummmm, wonder if this is me. I definately live in a state that is cold.
Not this time! The state is Colorado
Old 06-11-2014, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by LindaR View Post
Well SP, your "package" is going to be a two/parter....I live in a town with no quilt store so ordered the thing you wanted most...will work on part 2 this weekend....you live a lonnnnnnng way from me.....probably as far as you can go west LOL....too much info???
I got it! On the same day actually. LOL

Tiny Twister from one place and the package from you. The rolo's and doggie treats went fast! Thank you so much for the white on white, the beautiful stork scissors and the magazines. I'll get a pic up later when I'm done gardening
Old 06-11-2014, 03:01 PM
Power Poster

Thanks Peginco for the great package. She sent me items on my want list. There are note cards, tea, pink fabric, 3 beautiful fat quarters, several I Spy pieces for a quilt for next year, cute pattern, m&m's, plus two homemade items (which I don't know how she finds time to sew with 5 children and how busy she is) a key chain and mug rug done in 30 reproduction fabrics. Thanks so much, enjoy all the gifts. Did guess you were my SP, which was lucky cuz I am usually wrong.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]478761[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 06-11-2014, 04:39 PM
Banned

Last week I got a package from ebay with my favorite
thread conditioner "Thread Heaven".

I sent Lori a pm to let her know that I got it. Although
it has become clear to me that my sp must have ordered
the conditioner ahead of time.

I was told that my package was mailed on 6/6. So I am
excited to get it.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:38 PM

[QUOTE=Grandma Peg;6754738]Thanks Peginco for the great package. She sent me items on my want list. There are note cards, tea, pink fabric, 3 beautiful fat quarters, several I Spy pieces for a quilt for next year, cute pattern, m&m's, plus two homemade items (which I don't know how she finds time to sew with 5 children and how busy she is) a key chain and mug rug done in 30 reproduction fabrics. Thanks so much, enjoy all the gifts. Did guess you were my SP, which was lucky cuz I am usually wrong.
QUOTE]

You are welcome! I KNEW I shouldn't have hinted, ha, ha!! Glad you liked it.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:49 PM

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY
Three words to describe me after I pried the large secret pal package from my narrow mail box slot (what was the mail carrier thinking! Why not use the special "package" cubbies?! Ha, we can be hard on our mail carriers, can't we?!)

Reeskyler - you are amazing! Thank you for the very thoughtful and generous gifts. The thread catcher was something I really wanted, and you were kind enough to make it for me! I love it! I said I collected sewing-themed fabrics, and you gave me some of the loveliest tone on tone with all sorts of sewing items on it - even an embroidery hoop with "love" on it! Also, a yard of great red and white fabric, which I adore; zippers, moda Avalon candy!!; I Spy fabrics and lots of patterns! I can't wait to try the bag with the big bow on it. Twizzlers, which I loved, but shared with my kiddos anyway. And a Quick Quilter's Companion that I can't wait to read. Again, thank you so very much!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 06-11-2014, 08:48 PM

You are most welcome, Peg! Those bulls on that fabric still crack me up. I was going to tell you, that dark green fabric on the outside of the bag is from Hawaii. I got a FQ's from there when my Sister-in-law went last month. I love sharing my bounty.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:16 AM

I received an exceptional squishy from PeginCO yesterday, she really hit on everything I like! She even drank a Pepsi in my honor since that would be hard to mail. I never seem to remember to buy solids when fabric is on sale, so I put that on my list and she sent me three lovely pastel fabrics. The little star buttons are going to become earrings very soon, but the M&Ms are going to be history very soon. The little tin (from a LQS) is full of little chocolate mints, they taste like a peppermint patty but are the size of an aspirin. Those are going in my purse for sure. But the very best thing is the needlework-to-go pouch she made for me! I never make things for myself, so it is wonderful to receive handmade gifts. This one is so me it's crazy. And a key chain to match! Thank you again Peg for a wonderful surprise!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]478839[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]478840[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 100_3219.jpg   100_3220.jpg  
Old 06-12-2014, 07:22 AM

You are very welcome. I had so much fun making that pouch. I know what you mean about making things for others but not for yourself. I got that thread catcher (above) and was so delighted that reeskyler would do that for me! Like an early birthday gift!