Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Secret Pal Swap closes May 31 4pm CST >

June Secret Pal Swap closes May 31 4pm CST

June Secret Pal Swap closes May 31 4pm CST

Old 06-19-2014, 06:05 PM

WOW... received my june sp pkg. today from Darlene (crafty Darlene) and the box was plum fill of a lot of goodies. she posted a really pretty purple tote .. well I am the lucky winner... I made it to my house!!! Included were seeds for my tiny garden, a pretty lavender photo album, a book by tracie Peterson ( heard she was really great author)BIG bag of peppermint candy and BIG bag of black licorice,3 chunks of pretty fabric (yellow, red and lavender),notepaper with a pen for that to do list, we can ALWAYS use these right ladies?, a seam ripper another always a great tool to put in the sewing tools box, nail clippers, and a word search puzzle book. Which I love to work on at night at tv time!! Thank you so very much for the fabulous box of goodies....To my surprise I had her name in exchange. In the few years I have participated in the sp swap this is the first time I had the name who had my name ... FUN!!! The swaps this month have all looked really thoughtful ... :-) Have a great weekend SEWING EVERYONE.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:10 PM

P.S. can't wait for JULY to be up and running with the red white and blue stuff everywhere for the 4th......
Old 06-20-2014, 02:39 AM
Power Poster

Off to work again today but still waiting for SP package. My heart has joined you QB ladies on the bench LOL. You can eat my share of fruit, fudge and candy. Have fun. To my SP Hoping your package arrived and you are enjoying it.
Old 06-20-2014, 03:26 AM

Good morning all. For those SPs that are waiting I do hope that this weekend you all will receive your pkgs. Jan sounds like you got the jackpot for the lavender! I'm starting to love that color myself. Hope you all have a great day. I'm working 1/2 day today since I work tomorrow morning but I will be sewing this afternoon. The twin's quilts are coming along well; the boys quilt is ready for binding and now I need to sandwich the girl's. The mom-to-be is in the hospital with pre-eclampsia and possibly may have the babies this coming Monday. She is due Aug. 18th but they back tracked it to July but her blood pressure went way high hence she's in the hospital.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:12 AM

Wow more great boxes.
Ladies I had a great time this month, I loved putting a gift together and trying to make it fun and something my pal would enjoy. And getting something from someone who "knows" you by a questionnaire was great I loved my very thoughtful box from NancyW. I've drank some of the tea, used 1 of the fabrics(the others are resting comfortable in my stash), eaten the chocolates, and started reading the book. Talk about a win.

I hope those of you that are sitting on the porch receive yours soon, it's very sad to put together a box and send it out and not have someone follow through on their part. Have a nice weekend hope the mailman visits you soon Lori if you need someone to be an angel let me know.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:18 AM
Banned

My partner doesn't know how to post pictures, so she sent a
picture to me to post.

I will do that this weekend.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:01 PM

Wow, so many awesome packages out there! I was so happy with mine from Gaijn this month. She sent some yummy treats from Japan that had me licking my lips and wanting more! I didn't take a pic of the package I sent out this month so I can't post it, I'll try and remember to take one next time. Don't think my SP is going to post a pic.

Lori, so sorry about all the troubles you had on your train ride. Just glad you made it. Have a wonderful time with your family!!
Old 06-20-2014, 01:53 PM

Wow I got a Great package today from Tricia ( Qercus Rubra). She sent 30'sfabric,lots of it all different for my scrappy quilt,some other fabric,lots of teas,candy and several patterns. I love it all. Thank You Tricia!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Last edited by grammyj; 06-20-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:59 PM

Close up of my 30's fabrics
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 06-20-2014, 05:36 PM

Very nice packages ladies. Glad to see a few more off the bench. I am eyeballing those pretty 30's prints. Very pretty indeed. But, I received such an AWESOME package from my secret pal with exactly perfect things for me, I can just be happy for you!

I'm thinking Iced coffee or tea and coffee cake tomorrow for all of you on the bench. I'm sure you'll be off the bench soon.