Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: June Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes May 31st 4pm CDT

Blog Entries
    Well, my SP received her package yesterday morning at 9:12 am.....31 hours ago. Haven't heard anything. Maybe she didn't get it? Should I post pics of what I sent and to whom? This is my first swap so I hope I didn't totally flop with what I sent.
    The expert's mind has no room to learn while the beginner's mind is free to know everything....

Quote Originally Posted by sewdamncute View Post
    Whoo hooo!
    I got an awesome package from Lillian, aka quiltnut4ever! Just look at all the fabric, books, notions, and other goodies! I especially love the embroidered apron and personalized, orange stiletto!!Thank you sooooo much.
    Oh, and I'm making one of the recipes she sent tonight
    Attachment 418943
    Attachment 418944

Attachment 418945
    So the embridery was on a apron.So cute and I bet you'll love the stiletto.I love mine.
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Cogito View Post
    Well, my SP received her package yesterday morning at 9:12 am.....31 hours ago. Haven't heard anything. Maybe she didn't get it? Should I post pics of what I sent and to whom? This is my first swap so I hope I didn't totally flop with what I sent.
    Sometimes it takes a couple days for someone to post they recieved it. Maybe you can post tomorrow if they don't.I for one like to see what's sent.
    Mary

I saw a couple of people are on vacation, maybe she is one who is out of town at the moment and it was picked up by a neighbor. Never can tell. Be patient and let them reveal themselves.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

cute apron....
    I would wait a few days to reveal...your receiver could be away or waiting till the weekend...
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    Thanks for all your feedback. I just wasn't sure what I should do.
    The expert's mind has no room to learn while the beginner's mind is free to know everything....

Blog Entries
    Got my package from Liza 63.. a really nice package, the seam ripper is perfect just threw one away that I was using at my cutting table and the back end of that can be used to rub the threads away from where you have ripped..... love the tablet holder and the FQ's are just the right colors... The pins are just what I needed...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewbeadit View Post
    I just happened to receive my box today also and love everything in it. It is from Sibi and she did a fabulous job sending me things I like. Thank you so much Sibi. Here is a pictureAttachment 418857I just love everything here. thanks again Sibi.
    SIBI, where did you find those cute bag clips, and where did you find those lovely bright fabrics???? I only have one of them in my brights stash, and i'm working on a bright charm brick quilt

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingdragon View Post
    SIBI, where did you find those cute bag clips, and where did you find those lovely bright fabrics???? I only have one of them in my brights stash, and i'm working on a bright charm brick quilt
    All of the fabrics in the pic, except one I believe, are FQ's from Joannes. The small strip of purple in the Mug Rug is a FQ I used from a previous SP's package . The bag clips I bought at Target, in their dollar section. Aren't they cute?
    Sylvia

Wonderful pkgs everyone! Such a cute apron! Finally finished cleaning and making my sewing room (MY) sewing room. The closet was full of Grandkids toys and games and anything else nobody knew where to put. You can actually walk in there and see all my goodies. I'm actually sick of comic book boards! LOL! So SP you pkg will be in the mail to you tomorrow. It's going north, and has some blue fabric in it along with a few other goodies that I think you will like. Everyone have a great night!

I received a wonderful and thoughtful package from homecaregiver today. It was a wonderful end of my day.

She send me lots of batiks, multicolored, purples, and a beautiful red fabric. Some note cards with ink pen, a few patterns, a book with several authors in it. Quilt patterns and a magazine.....quilts summer 2013. Oh and some sugar free russell stover candy since I am diabetic.

My camera is not available at this time, left it at work. was showing one of the ladies I work with some of my quilts. It is sitting on my desk. As soon as I can I will post a picture.

Thank you very much Pat you your thoughrfulness in putting my package together.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

HAPPY MAIL!!!

I received my SP package in yesterday's mail.. It was late when I got home and was super tired so I didn't even open it. I did today and WOW! I love it!! ssnare sent me:

3 ladybug remnant fabrics
    vintage post card
    Quilter's magazine
    purse pattern
    red with roosters mug rug (that will look amazing in my kitchen )
    2 handmade blocks using 1930s fabric (my favorite )
    4 various yardages of fabrics in my favorite colors red and blue

Thank you so much!!!

Name:  sp1.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  9.3 KB

Name:  sp2.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  7.4 KB

Name:  sp3.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  8.8 KB

Name:  sp4.jpg
Size:  9.9 KB

Name:  sp5.jpg
Size:  9.2 KB

Also, to my "northern" SP, I am postal as of today at 1pm. I had fun putting your package together.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingdragon View Post
    I came home today to a package from catjo. Lovely fabric pieces, a snowman pattern, a crewel project (never tried that before, but Mom used to do back in the 80's so maybe she can help me), garden print tissues, a pincushion, a kitchen towel, a notepad, a paperback book I haven't read, and a few other little things. Can't take a pic until Mom gets home with the camera. Thanks, Catjo!
    Glad you liked your package. Tried to get various items for you. Enjoy!
    Happy Quilting!
    Cathy

I just love all the pictures of the packages. So many items I see I would love to have too. So many talented people in this swap. I am patiently waiting on my package. Hasn't made it to my porch yet. I think I will have a glass of ice tea while I wait.
    Happy Quilting!
    Cathy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SEGASAL View Post
    Hi all...sorry I have not been on in a while...life has totally gotten in the way. I finally finished college...I get to be a grandma in September to a little boy they are Naming Bryce....had cataract surgery on May 29th on my left eye...hit a glitch at the hospital, I have a ring that supports my new lens, and they did have one but it was expired so it delayed surgery for 2.5 hours...and I woke up with a headache and nausea...not good..but when they took the patch off the next morning I could see clearly!!!!! The next one is getting done next week I cannot wait. No more glasses for me!!
    What wonderful news! A new baby GS, no glasses...sorry about the headache and hope it is all gone now! Will you get to keep the dog if you can see? I hope you can. Thrilled about your graduation!!! I know how hard that must have been for you. Best of luck with your next surgery...so happy to hear from you!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Thanks for all your feedback. I just wasn't sure what I should do.
    Most stressful part of the swap for me - y'all know I can't track my parcels.

I'm grateful if swappers just pm to say 'It's arrived - I'll thank you properly later' (even if they don't, lol).
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Blog Entries
    It sure has been fun seeing what every one receives! Gives great ideas for upcoming swaps. Lol.

Sewdamncute it was my pleasure. Glad you loved the apron. I love embroidering and especially when one can change the colors vs. what the original color chart would be. ENJOY! Segasal, so glad to see you on here and so glad to hear that you can see from one side. You are in my prayers. Wow so many pkgs coming in and its awesome! Everyone keep em coming in!

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    quiltnut that apron is the cutest thing! I bet Dad will love wearing this. Segasal so happy the eye surgery is helping your vision, will be so much easier for you I'm sure. Just waiting for my mail to be delivered here...

Blog Entries
    My package is in the mail today.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
    Got my package from Liza 63.. a really nice package, the seam ripper is perfect just threw one away that I was using at my cutting table and the back end of that can be used to rub the threads away from where you have ripped..... love the tablet holder and the FQ's are just the right colors... The pins are just what I needed...
    Sis will your kindle fit in the tablet holder? Pretty fabrics.love the swap.hugs lil sis
    Mary

Hi all! Hope you're having a good Saturday! SP mailed your pkg today and you should receive it on Monday! Hint - it's going North, it has some things that are Blue, and your zip code adds up to 23, the normal way. LOL!
    So excited my Son and his family are on their way from Ohio, will be here for over a week. Got some great news, he graduated in May and took his state boards today for his paramedic license and he PASSED! So proud of him!! Our 6 yr. Granddaughter is staying with us for the summer, my DIL is in the Air Force and she is deploying for 3 mths. Our youngest grandson who is 9 months is staying with dad so he doesn't lose his spot in daycare. Hope ya'll have a great Father's Day with your families!

I'm back from holiday. Great packages appear to be arriving. I'll know tomorrow if one is mine as I had the mail held until then.
    I know one I sent was received and acknowledged by Cogito, and since the other is heading North into Canada, I doubt it is there yet.

Blog Entries
    WOW....as always great packages....I am hoping to join the July Swap. We shall see how surgery goes on Wednesday, I am hoping that all goes well there was a glitch with the last one...and I have been assured that it will not happen a second time!

Blog Entries
    Segasal..thinking good thoughts for you...I hope Wednesday is a piece of cake! Quiltnut that apron was adorable...I was hoping it was coming my way...I am still on the bench..oh well, something for which to look forward, huh? LOL
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast