Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: June Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes May 31st 4pm CDT

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    luvstoquilt I'm with you on that bench. Hopefully we won't be here long.
    segasal I'm sure this time is the charm.

Power Poster
    Waiting with the rest of you. Read that several packages went out yesterday so we should be receiving our package soon.

Blog Entries
    I'm on bench too but mail haven't come yet today....I have had really good luck with my SP's and hopefully this month will be the same LOL
    Retired and living in NE Michigan

I forgot to say but I mailed my packages out last Friday, one is going to my home state and I can't remember where the other one is going. Had the packages in the back of the truck forever, then when I finally went to the post office to mail them, I didn't have a label on them. Duh me!!!! Had to many things going on at once, Dh had surgery, had a garage sale, had company from out of state. Anyway my SP's should get there package today. So Sorry it took so long. Bad Bad Verna
    I collect Seraphim Angels

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cogito View Post
    Thanks for all your feedback. I just wasn't sure what I should do.
    I just sent her a message asking if she had received and reminder her about sending you and I a message. Lori

Now ladies, it is much too early to be bench sitting! Saturday was the last mail date -- give the Post Office a few days to get the packages moved across the country!

Now with that being said, I returned home from holiday on Saturday and picked up the mail today to find an absolutely delightful package from QuiltingDragon! I thought I was the queen of padded flat envelope stuffing, but she has me beat hands-down. Pulling items out was like those little clown cars at the circus, they just kept coming and coming.

And such a thoughful package as well. She even sent "unmeltable" chocolate -- a sucker with a hard candy shell with chocolate in the middle. Ingenious!

Name:  quiltingdragon SP.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  209.1 KB
    Lovely fabrics in blue and green, Turning 20 pattern book, a Christmas pattern, needles, thread, lip balm, 2 suckers, an angel keychain, cat treats, incense in lovely scents, a novel by an author I'm unfamilar with (always a treat), a magnetic bowl she said is "cat proof" -- we'll see about that!, a purple "thang", and the item on the lower right is a journal covered in fun cat fabric. She really did manage to stuff everything I hoped for plus a whole lot of other things in that envelope. Thank you so very much, QuiltingDragon!
    Oops! I left something out. A small angel plaque that says "pin your hopes on God" -- really cute.
    Name:  quiltingdragon SP1.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  25.0 KB
    Last edited by Belfrybat; 06-17-2013 at 07:48 AM.

Very nice swap belfrybat. Thanks for posting a photo.pretty fabrics love the journal cover. Mary
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Great package Belfrybat. Love the Snoopy card too!
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    I am posting what I sent my secret pal since I noticed she hasn't responded here from last week and I am proud of what I made and want to share!
    Name:  Scissor fob 2.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  76.6 KBName:  Scissor fob.jpg
Size:  76.4 KBName:  Jar Pincushion.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  288.7 KBName:  Swap I Sent.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  84.2 KB
    So, this was the first time a made a scissor fob and I really like it...I put a teapot on it since that is what she likes and her initial. When I have time I am going to go back and make one for myself! I also for the first time made a pincushionn with a mason jar. Probably yall have done that before but a first for me...she collects pincushions and pins, so I also made a beaded pin. I guess I should be making these things for myself too cause I sure do like them. I also sent various other items such as a small sticky roller, a package of binder clips, a small keyring flash light, QNM, and a small handheld beanbag that you warm in the microwave....they feel good on sore hands after quilting! Anyway, you can see the items.....I had fun and hope to participate in the future. Oh! The little pink heart squishy toy is for her little dachsund!
    The expert's mind has no room to learn while the beginner's mind is free to know everything....

Well last week I asked the other half to mail my package on Friday... and behold where did I find it yersterday? Yuppers you guessed it... in the VAN! Ugh!!! Men!! So anyways, I got up and took my sunburned migraine headache-y self to the PO this am & sent it on it's way!! Good think I pop for Priority Mail with my SP packages LOL. The expected date of delivery is 6/19.

Now I know my SP has had me in past but this the 1st time for me to her. You are southeast of me and have pets. You like a color that is the opposite of me but like one of the same candies as me. Your candy is also in another one of your favorite candies. Your collect theses but there is a good chance you might not have one of these ... .
    You like doing this but prefer this way to the other.

Can You guess who you are? You should know by weeks end if you are right.

Sincerely,
    Tricia
    http://tricia-ramblingsofaquilter.blogspot.com/
    Currently working on a "Flat Curtis" Quilt with boy child .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
    Now ladies, it is much too early to be bench sitting! Saturday was the last mail date -- give the Post Office a few days to get the packages moved across the country!

Now with that being said, I returned home from holiday on Saturday and picked up the mail today to find an absolutely delightful package from QuiltingDragon! I thought I was the queen of padded flat envelope stuffing, but she has me beat hands-down. Pulling items out was like those little clown cars at the circus, they just kept coming and coming.

And such a thoughful package as well. She even sent "unmeltable" chocolate -- a sucker with a hard candy shell with chocolate in the middle. Ingenious!

Name:  quiltingdragon SP.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  209.1 KB
    Lovely fabrics in blue and green, Turning 20 pattern book, a Christmas pattern, needles, thread, lip balm, 2 suckers, an angel keychain, cat treats, incense in lovely scents, a novel by an author I'm unfamilar with (always a treat), a magnetic bowl she said is "cat proof" -- we'll see about that!, a purple "thang", and the item on the lower right is a journal covered in fun cat fabric. She really did manage to stuff everything I hoped for plus a whole lot of other things in that envelope. Thank you so very much, QuiltingDragon!
    Oops! I left something out. A small angel plaque that says "pin your hopes on God" -- really cute.
    Name:  quiltingdragon SP1.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  25.0 KB
    I am so glad that you like everything. I try really hard to find things that my partners will like, i scour their list, highlight what they like, and go from there! It brings me great joy to be able to send out packages tailored to the recipient. On the pin dish, I only have one kitty - so for your three, maybe kitty resistant? But put it away from your machine if it is computerized, it is STRONG magnetically. I told you in my note I ended up buying the turning twenty pattern for myself as well (both the one I sent you and volume 8 - the stained glass and scraps one) - i'm happily cutting out all the squares in the evenings. As to the packing, i'm the daughter of a former US Navy man - he can pack anything into a tight space, won the Houdini award for getting my entire dorm room into the van - my betta fish was in his bowl on the footstool between my knees the whole 350 miles home, but we got it all in. He taught me everything I know about packing things in tight!

Blog Entries
    Postman came...no package today...it is okay..the bench is comfy!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Blog Entries
    Cogito, that is a wonderful fob and pincushion!! Good going, I'd love it and hug it!
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Cogito, what a nice package you sent. I wish it had come my way. Love the scissor fob. I make them too but have never seen a scissor point protector. Where did you find that if you don't mind me asking?

SP your pkg should arrive on the 19th or 20th.

Hey there luvstoquilt, I coming to join you on the bench as my pkg has not arrived yet either.But I am patient and anyway I have things to keep me busy.
    Patsy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quercus Rubra View Post
    Well last week I asked the other half to mail my package on Friday... and behold where did I find it yersterday? Yuppers you guessed it... in the VAN! Ugh!!! Men!! So anyways, I got up and took my sunburned migraine headache-y self to the PO this am & sent it on it's way!! Good think I pop for Priority Mail with my SP packages

Sincerely,
    Tricia
    Oh Red Maple! I would be so frustrated at my DH if he did that! I have to say however I am the forgetful one and he is very good.
    The expert's mind has no room to learn while the beginner's mind is free to know everything....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fayzer View Post
    Cogito, what a nice package you sent. I wish it had come my way. Love the scissor fob. I make them too but have never seen a scissor point protector. Where did you find that if you don't mind me asking?
    Fayzer, I would be happy to share since I found the idea on Pinterest! It is simply a point protector for knitting needles. Made by Clover and I bought them in a package of 4 for only a couple of $.....if that.

Blog Entries
    Quilting Dragon,
    you sent a wonderful package to your SP! Will you send to me next month?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cogito View Post
    Oh Red Maple! I would be so frustrated at my DH if he did that! I have to say however I am the forgetful one and he is very good.
    Haha, laughs on me as I was trying to be " cute" and just remembered you are Red OAK, not Maple. Sorry, getting senile in my old age ( and I haven't even topped 60 yet. Scary, I know !)

Well SP I just checked the tracking on your pkg and it said out for delivery? (It was supposed to be there today.) Guess what to the WRONG TOWN ugh!! It says its in Freeport Florida!! No where near way North of me... So I don't know when it will be there now... will check later and hopefully it's going in the right direction. First time that's ever happened.

Nice pkgs everyone! So sp I'll be waiting on the bench with you, although it is a little early, deadline was just Saturday.

Blog Entries
    I got a magnificient package just a few minutes ago! The doorbell rang and I am off the bench!!! Leiladylei54 sent me a wonderful box FULL of all kinds of things! Fabrics: 6 green FQs, 1/2 yd of button print (2 different patterns) 1/2 yd of sewing notion prints, wine coasters, kleenex holder, Timothy's teas, anti-bacterial hand gel in aa glow in the dark bottle, pins, embroidery scissors, Frixion pen,emory board, chop sticks,frog tape measure, wet ones, needle pullers,cutter blades, pattern for FQ club, Bird of Paradise Pillow pattern, Graph ruled book, a shell box ( I collect small boxes and this one is really pretty and all made from shells!), something I am not sure what it is...first I thought it was a large piece of Sea Glass but no...it smells wonderful..not sure if it is soap or a hand cream..whatever...it is lovely! She also made me a Stilleto and I have sort of craved one of those and a beautiful pin cushion. She sent a really nice note with a Pineapple pictured on the front. I noticed she makes these notes and she took the picture of the pineapple....STUNNING! Leidene, you really outdid yourself! (I am growing a pineapple..so far all I have is the plant...no little pineapples on it yet) Thanks again so very much.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Package arrived from Quiltymom, and look at the goodies I received! Thank you, Sue, everything is great.
    She made me a table runner and a mug rug, and sent a book, find the word game, a little Mary Englebert journal, a fabulous pressing cloth - mesh, never seen one like it, I love it, and on the mug rug is a cellophane bag of what look like little candies but they are 4-1/2" squares (at least the one I opened was) all rolled tight like a piece of candy -- so cute. I cut all my scraps into 4-1/2" squares and use them in scrappy quilts, so I have a use for these little squares. Thanks again, Sue.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

wow today was a good day, both of my sp packages were delivered and then I received a package myself from Jamimclavgh? Hope I got it right, she stated she is new to quilting and I'm thinking maybe her first swap. Well she did an awesome job. I love everything you sent, the Tinkerbell Pillowcases are just to to cute, love the fabric with Tinker on it, haven't seen that before. She also sent to me turkey fat quarters to represent her state Massachusetts, Strawberry Twizzlers and Necco-(which I ate soon as I opened the package). A small tablet for list, coupon holder, some pretty pink ribbon, couple of projects to make and last of all, she remembered my fur babies. She send a bag of dog treats. Thank you so much I really love everything you sent to me. She also sent me a real nice note.

Name:  001.JPG
Size:  80.5 KB
    I collect Seraphim Angels

Blog Entries
    I got a special box from my SP. She didn't have a note inside. I think she is jclinganrey / Jane Reynolds. She really read my want list. I got wonderful low volumn fabrics in grey and yellow plus other pretty fabrics. I got a pound of coffee (YUM!), a darling round container with coasters from different cities, 2 spools of Aurifil thread, a thread cutter/pendant, a purse notebook, a journal with my initial, aloe cream, magnet and swatch buddies. I have never seen swatch buddies before but I love the concept. I cannot tell you how many times I have hauled fabric into the store to find co-ordinating colors that would match what I already have. Thank you so much jclinganrey. You sent me a great package.
    Name:  IMG_0030.JPG
Views: 129
Size:  811.6 KB

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast