Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes May 31st 4pm CDT >

June Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes May 31st 4pm CDT

June Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes May 31st 4pm CDT

Old 06-21-2013, 06:45 AM
Power Poster

Segasal, so glad your surgery is over and a success ! I bet it's wonderful to see so much better. Are you gonna come back to the swap in July?? I don't know why some words are underlined. Have a good day.Mary
Old 06-21-2013, 06:58 AM

Well, I'm off the bench before I even got settled, thanks to Lauriejo! She sent a delightful package with all kinds of goodies for me and the cats. Who, BTW, are getting fat with all the treats they've been sent lately.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]420284[/ATTACH]

I received a lovely re-usable JoAnn's shopping bag, three wonderful pieces of fabric in my favourite colours and one even has butterflies on it (as does the bag); my favourite candy which actually got here only half-melted so I had to try one "warm" -- delish!, rotary blades, notebook with matching pen, a lovely pincushion, and a Turning 20 pattern book -- different than the other one I received. It is a lovely thoughtful package -- thank you so very much!

One of these day, I plan on gathering up all the FQs I've received from the swaps and make a Turning 20 quilt for myself.
Attached Thumbnails lauriejo-sp.jpg  
Old 06-21-2013, 07:13 AM
Power Poster

Beautiful fabrics. I love the pin cushion.Mary
Old 06-21-2013, 08:08 AM

[They are working on stem cell research over in China and have had some success. It is very controversial because of where the stem cells come from. Who knows when it will get approval here in the US but heck yeah I want to be on that list for sure!]

I have read recently that the research being done with Adult stem cells has shown promising results. So maybe there will be something coming...

Great packages coming in. I like the idea of a quilt made with our FQs that come in our packages. And there are so many patterns that could be used, even a sampler quilt would be good.

Maybe on the sign up survey Lori could change favorite candy to favorite snack, or if would be too much to do it, anyone that prefers some other snack item to candy they can put that in. for example if someone doesn't want candy but likes nuts such as roasted almonds, or some type of chewing gum they can add that in. Just a thought.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:09 AM

And YES little Hattie is as sweet as can be, and they are such a marvel.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:38 AM

Hi Ya'll hope everyone is having a wonderful day! Received a great pkg from catpawski and will post pics as soon as DH gets back for some reason can't get our new pic. program to cooperate. But thank you again Sandra, will post asap!
Old 06-21-2013, 08:56 AM

I'm so glad to see folks posting pics of their goodies this month. It is lovely seeng what folks are giving and getting. I just got in the item I was waiting on for my SP, and will be mailing the second half of her package on Monday. It is going just about as far north as something can go from Texas and not end up at the North Pole!
Old 06-21-2013, 09:00 AM

Oh WOW! Segasal...I am so happy for you...glad the surgery is over and you are enjoying colors again. I hope you will be able to drive again pretty soon. Hoping for you the treatment is available here in the near future.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:00 AM

I'm so glad everyone is getting their packages. AWESOME!!
Old 06-21-2013, 04:10 PM

Default Got my package....woohoo

Well, didn't even get a chance to warm up the bench cause I got my wonderful package today from Lori, our dear hostess! She hit ALL the points on my list, including my wicked sweet tooth, so I'm a happy girl! I got some beautiful FQs, I love all the fabrics she chose. She made me the most darling owl pin cushion. I also got an owl magnet, a lovely angel ornament that says "Friends are angels with invisible wings", a packet of lovely pink flowers to plant, a cupcake pin cushion, some lemonade and loads of yummy candy..twizzlers, milkduds, cow tales, brachs caramels and a cadbury bar with caramel (gotta look for a good hiding spot, it's mine! If I don't hide em, my hubby and son will attack). Thanks so much Lori, you put a smile on my face
Attached Thumbnails lori-june-2013-swap.jpg   owls-angel.jpg