Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes May 31st 4pm CDT >

June Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes May 31st 4pm CDT

June Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes May 31st 4pm CDT

Old 06-19-2013, 07:13 PM

Great packages coming in! As usual
Thank you all for the wonderful comments on my little princess Hattie, she is adorable but hopefully she is finished being colicy for her parents every night between 2am and 5am. I offered to come over and take care of her during her spell to give them a break, and my son said believe me you don't want to do that, and I reassured him I knew what I was talking about. And last night she was awake but didn't go into her crying spell. so fingers crossed, and hands folded in prayer.
Congrats too to all the upcoming arrivals grandmas.

The rhubarb pie sounds wonderful-I can bring some vanilla ice cream!
and Quilty-Louise I love those shirts-I'm thinking everyone needs several for their wardrobe so we have one for each day of the week.

Last edited by starshine; 06-19-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:08 PM

I received my package from starshine! Thank you so much for everything! I received lovely red fabric, flags, thread, many project sheets, a quilting magazine, and a machine embroidery magazine with a DVD. She also included a recycled container to use for storing bobbins-exactly what I was wishing for this past week! Patricia loves "Script Ohio," the famous marching band from Ohio State and sent me a postcard featuring them. I also received a lovely letter from her-my favorite thing!
Attached Thumbnails june-swap.jpg  
Old 06-19-2013, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Quercus Rubra View Post
Well last week I asked the other half to mail my package on Friday... and behold where did I find it yersterday? Yuppers you guessed it... in the VAN! Ugh!!! Men!! So anyways, I got up and took my sunburned migraine headache-y self to the PO this am & sent it on it's way!! Good think I pop for Priority Mail with my SP packages LOL. The expected date of delivery is 6/19.

Now I know my SP has had me in past but this the 1st time for me to her. You are southeast of me and have pets. You like a color that is the opposite of me but like one of the same candies as me. Your candy is also in another one of your favorite candies. Your collect theses but there is a good chance you might not have one of these ... .
You like doing this but prefer this way to the other.

Can You guess who you are? You should know by weeks end if you are right.

Sincerely,
Tricia
me me me and I think you so very much for everything, your right I collect Angels and Tinkerbell but the Crystal Fairy you sent I did not have and its just so cute. Have it sitting on my desk right now. Getting ready to post a pic.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:15 PM

Here are all the goodies that Quercus Rubra sent to me. A magazine all about Holland Michigan, 3 quilting magazines, a real pretty pin-cushion, 4 fat quarters, a package of Charm squares, Single Ice Tea Packets, some bobbin bands, a mug rug and the cutest little Crystal Fairy-(which is a ring and necklace), almost forgot a package of Strawberry Twizzlers. Hey I even like you little card and envelope you put in the package. I hope that was everything that you sent oh account the package had come undone and the PO put rubber bands around it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]420070[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 002.jpg  
Old 06-20-2013, 03:29 AM

Good morning all! Wonderful pkgs coming in! I'm back at work after five days off. Had my colonoscopy done twice!!!! But everything turned out well and don't need another one for ten yrs! That's a good thing. Everyone have a great day!
Old 06-20-2013, 08:54 AM

I received my package today from Maria Hobbs (don't know her SP name)...thanks so much Maria..I haven't opened the tool yet but will have fun investigating...thanks again
Attached Thumbnails june-sp-002.jpg  
Old 06-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Power Poster

Received my wonderful package from Toomanyufo's yesterday. In this package was a scissors, two pre-filled bobbins, a homemade dish cloth, a book, two fabrics of white on black and one of black on white, a Christmas kit, a cute little plaque that says "There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved" and some doggie treats for Buckley (he says thank you very much). Thanks for the great package Dwina. Looking forward to using the fabrics in a quilt for my youngest son and his wife to be.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]420162[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails june-2013-038-small-.jpg  
Old 06-20-2013, 01:48 PM

Looks like I'm on the bench for the first time. Let me get cozy.....anyone want to join me?
Old 06-21-2013, 01:56 AM

Thank you nanakathy for a wonderful package, I will post pictures later today.
thank you so much!
Old 06-21-2013, 04:08 AM

WOW...so much going on since I last checked in...Congrats Starshine on your gd! She is a totally keeper...and she is already buttering grandma up I see...lol My grandson will be here in September some time. I cannot wait to meet him!

Surgery went well on Wednesday! I was in even 30 minutes before I was scheduled to go! Woke up in he middle but not to bad. At least it was only once this time instead of twice. So they have gotten been. I am glad to have it done with. Right now I have 20/50 in my right eye and 20/40 in my left. So it works. All of the color is amazing now. I cannot believe how different green looks, and how vibrant blues can be. It is a whole new world. The best part is going from from a -16 refraction to a -1! Now if they could find a cure of the Retinitis Pigmentosa that I have I would probably be able to drive again. They are working on stem cell research over in China and have had some success. It is very controversial because of where the stem cells come from. Who knows when it will get approval here in the US but heck yeah I want to be on that list for sure!

Hope everyone is enjoying summer we are supposed to get hot and humid here this weekend! YUCK! Well I am off to find some breakfast and maybe go to a garage sale or two a couple towns away!