Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: June's Pincushion and Needlecase Swap

I haven't started on my pincushions yet, this weekend I will have some time to sew. I love the patriotic theme, but really any pincushion could work for this month. Just make it in those colors, and you could use lighter colors to make a softer look.

I have already received my first firmy, from paintmejudy and she sent me TWO pincushions!
    Name:  100_2942.JPG
Views: 99
Size:  75.0 KB
    Aren't they beautiful! I really love the hand embroidery, such patience to make all those french knots. I told Judy I had been meaning to make one of those flower pincushions, but now I have one I didn't have to make and that's even more special. Thanks swap partner!
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

Beautiful work ladies! I love the fabrics on Jaba's pincushion and needlecase. Paintmejudy - the flower pincushion looks great in the r/w/b color scheme! Two lucky recipients for sure.
    I keep trying to think of a way to make a 'fire cracker' pincushion. I just can't translate it from an idea into reality! Grr.
    I love quilting - it's cheaper than therapy!
    Swap Items
    Boom 10

Blog Entries
    beautiful work and lovely designs everyone. but...I got mine today, from irelanddragonquilting. well, all I can say is
    omg, omg, omg!!!!! I love kitties, and I got a KITTY PIN CUSHION!!!!!!!!!! it's perfect, I love it, it's so cute. and Wendy those decorated pins are just awesome. I love it to death. did I mention I love kitties. thanks a bunch.

I received these from Jaba, she enclosed a pincushion surprise, its stuffed with crushed walnut shells to keep my needles sharp, Jayla keeps trying to take it, she thinks its a juggling ball. THank you so much for the beautiful needle case, it is so pretty, my house is getting redecorated in red white and blue.
    Name:  photo 3.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  154.0 KB
    Name:  photo 2.JPG
Views: 83
Size:  195.3 KBName:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 91
Size:  160.5 KB

Blog Entries
    Sorry, lost this thread. Yes, send me a box if you have my name. I know, a little late. Wow, already some pretty ones being mailed. Better get myself in gear. One more week left is all.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Finished!! Off to the PO tomorrow~~

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    I am so glad you enjoyed it!! Those are some of the first pins I tried making, you should of seen me and the glue LOL Here is a photo of Lynnie's kitty!
    Name:  20130603_191057.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  93.7 KB
    Resolve to be thyself, and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery. Mathew Arnold 'Self-Dependence' 1822-1888

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    That kittie is so cute, I've never seen one like that. Is this your own pattern?
    Glad my partners like their pin cushions and needlecases. Looking forward to receiving mine

Oh NO I wish I was that talented! I found it here: http://dollmakersjourney.com/kittykat.html I just used fabric instead of wool and I couldn't get the whiskers to work right so I left them off.
    Resolve to be thyself, and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery. Mathew Arnold 'Self-Dependence' 1822-1888

Blog Entries
    Web site is amazing! Now there is imagination there for sure. Thanks for the link

Blog Entries
    Aww, such a pretty kitty pincushion.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

I am still alive and kicking. Haven't gotten on the board all week and I have missed you all! This is our anniversary weekend. I took today and Monday off. Thought we were going to be able to get away, but DH's work schedule won't allow it. His company provides the trailers for the food for the Bonaroo concert here in Tennessee. He is on call should one of them breaks down so the food doesn't spoil. We did slip off to Kentucky Downs last night after dinner to play the slots. We came back pretty much even with what he took.

I got in the mail a few days ago a package from paintmejudy. LOVE THEM!!!! Thank you!! I looked at both of them for my partners but decided on something different.

Name:  june pincushions.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  6.1 KB

Blog Entries

Big surprise!!!

I am waiting on the ones for this month, but certainly got a BIG surprise in the mail today. A very sweet angel sent me a package for my mia in April. She hid her identity very well but I see the post mark says Ohio. If this is from you angel lady, please know that I appreciate it so much. The needlecase is beautiful and I love the extra's that you sent with it and in my favorite colors of turquoise and purple. A magazine, note pad and pen, 2 FQ's and an extra blade.Name:  DSCF1426.JPG
Views: 102
Size:  1.24 MBName:  DSCF1427.JPG
Views: 147
Size:  1.24 MB It was so thoughtful and I thank you truly.

Jaba, I love that needlecase/pincushion. What a wonderful surprise!!!

Yay!! All of the needlecases are accounted for. We are just waiting on one pincushion. I do know that it is under construction and will be postal in a few days.

Woo hoo! Finished off my second pincushion today. Will be swinging by the PO on Monday!
    Swap Items
    Boom 10

I absolutely love seeing all the beautiful creations!
    I received an awesome pin cushion, needle case, sewing box all wrapped into one from Mary Quilting! I cannot say how many times I have drooled over these at craft shows and online photographs and now I have one all of my own! Thank you so incredibly much Mary! I adore it and will definitely be putting this lovely to good use!
    Name:  20130609_113904.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  59.1 KBName:  20130609_113934.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  54.5 KB

Blog Entries
    Wendy - What a wonderful box you got. LOVE IT!!

Dearest partner I want you to know that your pincushion is
    finished although I can NOT show you to many pictures because
    I added your name to the top of it.

Here are 2 pictures that I CAN show off for you.

Name:  DSCN2562.JPG
Views: 159
Size:  90.2 KB

Name:  DSCN2557.JPG
Views: 144
Size:  97.3 KB
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Blog Entries
    MaryQuilting that is so awesome, can you tell us where you got the pattern?
    Quilty Louise I love your little boxes, I'll be waiting for mine ok? Is there a theme for next month? or is it anything we want to make?

Quote Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting View Post
    I received an awesome pin cushion, needle case, sewing box all wrapped into one from Mary Quilting! I cannot say how many times I have drooled over these at craft shows and online photographs and now I have one all of my own! Thank you so incredibly much Mary! I adore it and will definitely be putting this lovely to good use!
    I received the same one..I can only describe it as WOW!! It looks so much nicer than the storage container I keep on the side table at the chair where I do my hand sewing. The craftsmanship in this was amazing! I love the way it opens up to show the firecracker--like setting off a firecracker!! I will really treasure this! thanks for posting the picture Ireland dragon--I am having problems getting pictures to load...Thank you again Mary!

Quilty-Louise your box is A D O R A B L E!!! I love it and cannot wait to get it... hehehehe I wish!

Wowsers! You ladies have raised the bar!
    Swap Items
    Boom 10

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Is there a theme for next month? or is it anything we want to make?
    Was thinking about a summer theme like treat (watermelon or ice cream) or summer colors (oranges, yellows, or "ocean" blues, etc). What do you girls think?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Rosebud View Post
    Wowsers! You ladies have raised the bar!
    I agree! I am still a beginner on pincushions!

I got the pattern off pinterest it was in Japaneses but had lots of pictures. This is the link I think
    hana の布艺坊
    http://blog.sina.com.cn/hana091257 [订阅][手机订阅] that' the right blog but can't find the needle case. she has lots of sewing ideas on lots of pages.

[/url]
    Quote Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting View Post
    Last edited by mary quilting; 06-10-2013 at 05:47 AM.

Blog Entries
    love all the new pincushions being shown, a lot of nice colors, designs and beautiful workmanship.

I love the summer theme food or colors. great choices. when's the signup???

Will post new thread around the 24th.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast