Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March “Quilty Madness” Oh Sew Sweet ‘CANDY’ 2.5" swap!!!! >

March “Quilty Madness” Oh Sew Sweet ‘CANDY’ 2.5" swap!!!!

March “Quilty Madness” Oh Sew Sweet ‘CANDY’ 2.5" swap!!!!

Old 04-03-2015, 10:13 PM
Power Poster

So exciting! They will come around my birthday... next Thursday. I'll have all of those, plus my birthday swap candies to open. My candies runneth over!
Old 04-04-2015, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
So exciting! They will come around my birthday... next Thursday. I'll have all of those, plus my birthday swap candies to open. My candies runneth over!

That's right!!! What a great Candy day you'll have!!!
Old 04-04-2015, 07:30 AM

Just curious, did anyone put in christmas 2 1/2" candy in their packets? I'm working on the swoon along project from the QB and I'm doing one of mine in christmas colors. I guess I will cut out some more blocks and see if the new packets fit in for this project. Several of my previous swaps had blocks that fit nicely for this project. Just wondering. I will be posting pics a I can on the other post. It's a great post, if you haven't seen it. It's fun to see all the different project from the same pattern.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:33 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by happylab View Post
Just curious, did anyone put in christmas 2 1/2" candy in their packets? I'm working on the swoon along project from the QB and I'm doing one of mine in christmas colors. I guess I will cut out some more blocks and see if the new packets fit in for this project. Several of my previous swaps had blocks that fit nicely for this project. Just wondering. I will be posting pics a I can on the other post. It's a great post, if you haven't seen it. It's fun to see all the different project from the same pattern.
Honestly, I sent mine so long ago that I can't remember what I sent. Most likely I put some Christmas in there, as I have a lot of Christmas fabrics.

I hope you will post a picture here and show us your swoon quilt when you get it together! It's great to see what we can do with our candies.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:18 AM

I really hope you feel better, Sherri! Thank you for checking in and keeping us updated. I get worried that the Post Office will lose another package of mine again!
Old 04-04-2015, 09:31 AM

Celandine - beautiful avatar!! is it a completely folded star?? how many layers?

to all of you who celebrate - Happy Easter, Passover, & bunny hops - all signs of new beginnings!!
Gus
Old 04-04-2015, 10:16 AM

I will post swoon quilt when I get it done. It will take me a few months though. I'm also changing color ways from the original pattern and adding more pieces of my own fabric. I'm excited about this one.

Sheri, I hope you are felling better.

Happy easter to all and I hope you day is sunny and bright as you start the spring season. Take care everyone and happy sewing and quilting.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:17 AM
Power Poster

I'm tempted by the Swoon Quilt, but I don't want it giant sized. I might try one with my 2.5" or 2" squares and make a baby quilt. They look like fun and Lord knows I've got the candy!
Old 04-07-2015, 05:54 PM

Have we begun receiving precious little squishies yet? Someone asked about Christmas candy, that's when I cut for this swap, so maybe the elves thought it would be a good idea to throw some in.

Anyway, wahwahwah, where's the candy --- ready to throw a tantrum, Just Kidding, not even home to receive them! lol Take care, will check in next week.
hugs,
DJ
Old 04-07-2015, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by djmat View Post
Have we begun receiving precious little squishies yet? Someone asked about Christmas candy, that's when I cut for this swap, so maybe the elves thought it would be a good idea to throw some in.

Anyway, wahwahwah, where's the candy --- ready to throw a tantrum, Just Kidding, not even home to receive them! lol Take care, will check in next week.
hugs,
DJ
Now that you mention it! All the candy went out MONDAY!! From a little PO in GlenRose, Texas. I finished all the swapping, stuffing, stamping, taping late into the night on Saturday. On our way to watch our daughter golf we dropped all 29 packages off. You should start receiving them any day. I have tracking for each of them. We just got home, unpacked the car and cleaned up and I saw this post. Sorry I was consumed with hubby and daughter and travel and golf I forgot to post. On a good note... My daughter took fourth in the tournament, her team took FIRST, and I got a sunburn and a good workout walking 18 holes because they ran out of carts!!! It was actually lovely.

(Let me know when you start getting the candy and I'll let you know when the next swap is up, I'm thinking "June Bug Candy!")