Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March 2011 Pincushion Swap: SIGN UP CLOSED @ 11PM 3/15/11... >

March 2011 Pincushion Swap: SIGN UP CLOSED @ 11PM 3/15/11...

March 2011 Pincushion Swap: SIGN UP CLOSED @ 11PM 3/15/11...

Old 03-28-2011, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
I agree with several of the comments, two pieces of fabric stuffed can make a nice pincushion, they do not all have to be elaborate. And I know all of the ones I make will not be........ so if you happen to be my swap partner for any future swaps, if you are expecting elaborate for all of the things you receive from me, I must apologize to you right now.

I participated in the few swaps I have (so far) for the fun of it and because I have some time on my hands right now to do so. But if it starts to become a hassle it takes the fun out of participating and one decision can be to not participate anymore. But I would encourage those of you who may not feel that you are as creative as some to participate anyway if you are enjoying it. If the swaps are open to all skill levels, then you fit right in. Those swappers who may have a problem with that can choose not to participate.

When I read the host's comments, I was taken aback for a second but decided that I will not let anyone steal my joy in participating because of their expectations. So to any one of you who receives swaps from me in this swap or any of the others that I may participate in, I truly hope you enjoy what I have sent you and if for any reason you do not, please feel free to share or donate it with someone who you think may, I won't mind. And this is all IMHO.

So I am waiting patiently for my pincushion to arrive. It has snowed all day here so I did not make it to the post office to check on my mail. I will look again next week. I am enjoying looking at the snow though. We have experienced three seasons in this one week: Spring(60's and baby birds chirping), a flash of summer (83 degrees) and now winter (heavy snow). Where else in this country can you experience three seasons in one week. LOL
On this topic, I can't keep quiet. I totally agree. We have all been newbies and felt like we couldn't possibly make something as fabulous as some of the things we see on the Board, and I would not want anyone to feel that they didn't want to participate because of skill level. Practice is how we learn. And trying new things improves our skill. So, if you are new, go for it...I did, and I'm not sorry.

Blessings, Cherie
Old 03-29-2011, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by FQ Stash Queen
Originally Posted by Havplenty
I agree with several of the comments, two pieces of fabric stuffed can make a nice pincushion, they do not all have to be elaborate. And I know all of the ones I make will not be........ so if you happen to be my swap partner for any future swaps, if you are expecting elaborate for all of the things you receive from me, I must apologize to you right now.

I participated in the few swaps I have (so far) for the fun of it and because I have some time on my hands right now to do so. But if it starts to become a hassle it takes the fun out of participating and one decision can be to not participate anymore. But I would encourage those of you who may not feel that you are as creative as some to participate anyway if you are enjoying it. If the swaps are open to all skill levels, then you fit right in. Those swappers who may have a problem with that can choose not to participate.

When I read the host's comments, I was taken aback for a second but decided that I will not let anyone steal my joy in participating because of their expectations. So to any one of you who receives swaps from me in this swap or any of the others that I may participate in, I truly hope you enjoy what I have sent you and if for any reason you do not, please feel free to share or donate it with someone who you think may, I won't mind. And this is all IMHO.

So I am waiting patiently for my pincushion to arrive. It has snowed all day here so I did not make it to the post office to check on my mail. I will look again next week. I am enjoying looking at the snow though. We have experienced three seasons in this one week: Spring(60's and baby birds chirping), a flash of summer (83 degrees) and now winter (heavy snow). Where else in this country can you experience three seasons in one week. LOL
On this topic, I can't keep quiet. I totally agree. We have all been newbies and felt like we couldn't possibly make something as fabulous as some of the things we see on the Board, and I would not want anyone to feel that they didn't want to participate because of skill level. Practice is how we learn. And trying new things improves our skill. So, if you are new, go for it...I did, and I'm not sorry.

Blessings, Cherie
I agree totally. Never ever be ashamed of your work.
Peace and Blessings,
Old 03-29-2011, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by KimmieH
EEEEEPS A MOUSE!!

I rec'd this today from "fidgety"!!! ( Theresa)
It is so adorable...thank you!!!!

Kim
LOL he actually should stand up... set him up on his rear and he should stay there looking up at you . lol.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:32 AM

Love all the pincushions...still waiting for mine...they are all so clever...
Old 03-29-2011, 05:21 AM

oh! LOL i will do that!

Originally Posted by fidgety
EEEEEPS A MOUSE!!

Kim
LOL he actually should stand up... set him up on his rear and he should stay there looking up at you . lol.
:oops:
Old 03-29-2011, 05:33 AM

oh! LOL i will do that!

Originally Posted by fidgety
EEEEEPS A MOUSE!!

Kim
:oops:
If he's like mine, you can put a bobbin or spool of thread on his tail.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:54 AM

all are soooo cute! how imaginative you gals are!

and I forgot to put labels on mine!!
Old 03-29-2011, 02:01 PM

janet thomas I love, love,love the bee hive pin cushion We have an apiry and raise bees and honey on the prarie clover flowers we sell our honey to SueBee honey company in NE. I wondered about your pattern .. where did you find it? Bren
Originally Posted by Janetlmt
Here is the pincushion I made for March. It is the second time making a pincushion..and I don't know why I haven't made more. It is so addictive! Just a little hint to where it is going...to the far left of Pennsylvania! Oh..and one other hint..she has the same profession as my daugther.
Can't guess can you?
hehehe
Peace and Blessings,
Old 03-29-2011, 02:16 PM

Hi from South Dakota. I got my package today and opened it with such joy! SMILING STILL! I LOVE yellow! absolitly (spelling) georgious! and I do use the "ring" pin cushions too. Love to recycle pop bottle lids... Will pass on the little gift of frag. from Avon, I just stay away from anything that is not natural, but thanks for thinking of me! hugs...
Originally Posted by Tcharlie
I mailed my pin cushion out today; going way north of me. Please enjoy it.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:06 PM

I got my pin cushions today from Tcharlie in Athens, AL. here are the photos. I love them. Thank you! :D
Attached Thumbnails attachment-177074.jpe   attachment-177075.jpe