Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: March 2012 Doll Quilt Swap

Quote Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy View Post
    Wow, I like the idea of a changeable quilt top. Idea has a lot of potential.
    Yes, that's why I was wondering if this group (a very talented and creative group) who makes quilts that are for Display would have seen a few examples. The idea is not mine- I stumbled upon an old pattern at a thrift shop which predates the Internet and professionally printed commercial patterns. Remember all those cutsie geese with bonnets and hearts and homespun? But you never know- it may only take one person to restart a trend, right?
    "He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
    Oh my goodness. Send her some tootsie rolls or honey graham crackers. They don't have them in Australia. Oh I wished I had gotten someone in Australia. Maybe next time. Hint.......Krysyna
    Thanks for the goodies hint! Funny how we have everyday things that another county does have!
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    JenniePenny, interchangeable, removable....That sounds so cool. Look forward to seeing it.

I'm still in the designing stage of my doll quilt. Although I did pick up some special fabric from the quilt museum to use in it. It was designed and released in the 2011 Quilt show. Sure hope my partner likes it.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Mailing this morning! Hope it's enjoyed!
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

Love the idea of the interchangeable quilt.
    Still no word from my partner. Guess i will just have to keep the one i made for myself lol
    I love to collect roosters of any kind. I also love embroidery thread for my machine. My favorite color is purple and i am just a plain old country girl.lol

Blog Entries
    NanaKathy55 where are you??? Hope you're OK!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
    Mailing this morning! Hope it's enjoyed!
    How Exciting for me! I want you to know that I am working on your doll quilt Moonrise, in fact the top is nearly complete, so just need to find the perfect backing, quilt, label and and bind it and it will be ready to mail.
    ~ Moedeenie

Quote Originally Posted by Moedeenie View Post
    How Exciting for me! I want you to know that I am working on your doll quilt Moonrise, in fact the top is nearly complete, so just need to find the perfect backing, quilt, label and and bind it and it will be ready to mail.
    Yippee!!! I know I'm going to love it.
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

Oh my I can't wait to see the interchangeable one. That sounds so intrigueing. I am going to Australia from March 15 to May 1. Then I stop over in New Zealand for a two day stay and then home to the USA. In Australia they have different candy that we do not have in the USA. So it is fun to try those. A lot of their candy is made by Cadbury which is very yummy. Also in Australia they have Chocolate tours. Many of them. The chocolate shops there sell chocolate that they make right their in their own stores and every store has their own secret way of doing it so taking a tour is an awesome experience. Being here in Las VEgas for the week and not having internet that is reliable at my Niece's home makes me feel like I am on the moon. Today is a good day for being on line. I started my March Doll quilt in Feb and have it all done except for the quilting. When I go back home I am hoping to finish it up and mail it off to my partner. I already have an idea for the April one. I can't wait to see what every one does. I love seeing the pictures.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

My DQ for my partner Donna is all ready to be quilted...hopefully will do that later today and bind it tomorrow...it's very "spring" and very cute, if I do say so myself!
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    ok, i am exhaustepated!! i just went thru the last 26 pages to catch up!! i will check to be sure i receive e-mails from now on! i am starting my partner's quilt today and want to get it to her by next wek. i am using someone else's pattern this time so it will be a little slower as i have to follow directions......hmmm, so much easier to just do my own thing! lol. i will, of course, embellish it, so it won't be a complete copy. i am excited to get it done! i have recently had a stroke of good luck so i have stocked up my stash, and up-dated my cranky sewing machine to a new one!! this will be my first quilt since then and i'm pretty excited ! but i tore up my sewing room to make room for "stuff" and now i have to dig out the table! 2 bookcases and i still don't have enough room!! lol, what a wonderful problem to have! major smiley face and exuberant dancing!! must go caress my new fabric! so fun!! i'm excited about april, too!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    ENJOY IT! You deserve it! but we must have pictures one day soon of the New 'chine and all the stash!
    Glad to see your happy face is back.

Hugs
    Krazy

Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    ok, i am exhaustepated!! i just went thru the last 26 pages to catch up!! i will check to be sure i receive e-mails from now on! i am starting my partner's quilt today and want to get it to her by next wek. i am using someone else's pattern this time so it will be a little slower as i have to follow directions......hmmm, so much easier to just do my own thing! lol. i will, of course, embellish it, so it won't be a complete copy. i am excited to get it done! i have recently had a stroke of good luck so i have stocked up my stash, and up-dated my cranky sewing machine to a new one!! this will be my first quilt since then and i'm pretty excited ! but i tore up my sewing room to make room for "stuff" and now i have to dig out the table! 2 bookcases and i still don't have enough room!! lol, what a wonderful problem to have! major smiley face and exuberant dancing!! must go caress my new fabric! so fun!! i'm excited about april, too!
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Blog Entries

My little jewel

Look at the spring JEWEL I received from my March swap partner(Krystyna). Isn't it beautiful. She also sent me a sachet that smells of lavender and all the scraps from my DQ, and a lovely card. Bill's doing much better, he felt well enough to go to the Dr. today. I love my quilt. 2nd picture is a sneak peak of your quilt.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Ooooo! I can't wait! I'm so glad you liked it. Sort of rushing spring, but I think we need it!Goldsberry, I am giving up on finishing your quilt as completely hand sewn. Tomorrow it goes on the machine so it can still be fun -- but also DONE!
    Last edited by Krystyna; 03-07-2012 at 06:58 PM.
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    Colors in the photo of my quilt aren't very true they are pinks.

Blog Entries
    Krystyna, paper piecing?? Wow! Fabulous little flowers, K! Good job.

And the one that is coming your way is looking great as well! Another great month at the DQ swap.
    Reading, cooking, sewing in retirement! Heaven!
    I'm proud to say that I'm a member of the Quilt A Month Club for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative! www.alzquilts.org
    I have a blog on QB now -- please drop in!

Blog Entries
    ok, just dropped way too much money at a local store for fabric (surprise) for my gd olivia. she is moving from a 9month size to 12months and it is already summer in texas. i will be making short 'frocks', hats and bloomers. ooooo, i love baby clothes!! don't tell my dh. he thinks it's all for quilting. tee hee--he's beginning to understand THAT, at least! do you know it's cheaper to buy little kid clothes than to make them?! but nowhere near as much fun!! off to play with my new things--anyone want to come over and play? (bring in the last couple of bags on your way past the car, ok? thanks!)
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Very nice quilt. I love the colors!
    I love to collect roosters of any kind. I also love embroidery thread for my machine. My favorite color is purple and i am just a plain old country girl.lol

Blog Entries
    Oh a pretty spring quilt, Krystyna. And a sneak peak from KKrazy looks inviting.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, everyone. I'm now officially hooked on paper piecing!

Just so you can get your creative juices flowing for upcoming months -

April - Colors of Spring - Use only two colors - but you can use as many hues of the same color as you want. No restrictions on thread color!

May - Get Crazy! - This means you can make a crazy quilt or take a traditional pattern in a crazy direction. You decide.

Related to the May theme - as some of you may or may not know, I earn my living by designing mantillas and chapel veils. Consequently at the end of the day my studio floor is covered in lace snippets. If anyone wants some PM me with LACE in the subject line. I can't promise what colors it will be -- generally whatever I'm working on at the moment.
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    Great job Krystyna! PP is sew addictive. There is a pp only block swap open right now on this board. Have you joined it? It will be fun.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/paper-piecing-miniature-block-swap~~~sign-ups-close-april-16-2012-a-t175162.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
    Great job Krystyna! PP is sew addictive. There is a pp only block swap open right now on this board. Have you joined it? It will be fun.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/paper-piecing-miniature-block-swap~~~sign-ups-close-april-16-2012-a-t175162.html
    Oh, that DOES look like fun, but I'll have to pass for now. I'm swamped with getting my spring veils out the door. Maybe next month ... unless the gardening bug gets me!
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    Krystyna, Awesome paper piecing!! Love the spring colors.

And Krystyna, Love the themes for April and May. I will definitely be signing up. It will be very very fun.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Blog Entries
    I just thought I'd give everyone a head start. I'm starting to get spring fever and can't wait to get away from my machines and into the garden and onto the beach! So take advantage of these last few cool and windy days to sew, sew, sew!
    Krystyna

Great quilts-from Krystyna and to Krystyna!! PPing is lots of fun! I'm thinking spring, too, and my March DQ reflects that. I'm ready to start quilting it, but not totally sure how to. I have gorgeous pink Hellebores blooming under a little tree outside my kitchen window.
    jillnjo

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast