Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March 2014 Pincushion & Needle Case Swap ~ Sign up closes March 1st >

March 2014 Pincushion & Needle Case Swap ~ Sign up closes March 1st

March 2014 Pincushion & Needle Case Swap ~ Sign up closes March 1st

Old 03-15-2014, 11:34 AM
Power Poster

I forgot to say a 5"x7" plain bubble lined envelope was only a little over $5 to send. To send a small box is about $25. That is why it was sent like it was and no candy surprises.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:12 PM

You're so right, postage has gone ' through the roof'. I love the extra's you send instead of candy, I would have to hide that for the time being anyway LOL.
Thank for posting the picture of the finished PC.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:15 PM

And because postage is so expensive I'm esp. thankful that several ladies are willing to swap with us 'living across the big pond' :-)

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Fabric lover (Dya) you are very welcome. Dya lives in the neitherlands and so postage is very high. I offered to be her swap partner for a pin cushion and send the pin cushion unstuffed so it would go cheaper and she could have fun with us. I am posting pictures of what it will look like stuffed and of the one I sent her. She has been sick and I hope she is doing well now.Have a good weekend everybody. The bottom picture is the unstuffed one I sent her.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:43 PM

Mary both of your pincushions are too cute. Dya I hope that you are getting better
Old 03-15-2014, 04:02 PM
Power Poster

I wish I could, but with tracking and special shipping containers mine are over $7-8 each.

No pictures of pc or nc tomorrow, maybe some flower pictures instead. that would be nice.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:05 PM
Power Poster

Susan, I check my mail every day, sometimes twice when i'm expecting things.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:37 PM
Power Poster

Lynnie, there is no express mail to netherlands. You get a customs number from the tag you fill out. That is how it has been for all international mail I have sent. You have to watch the weight and size.I also checked my mail today and got nothing.....no bills even. Not complaining just disappointed after going all the way down the long driveway to the road where my mailbox is. I still have one pin cushion coming. I love this swap. It's starting to green up and I noticed my lilacs have leaf buds. Spring is just around the corner. Yeah...Maybe we can get some spring pictures on here tomorrow,since there is no mail.See ya all tomorrow. hugs Mary
Old 03-15-2014, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Fabric lover (Dya) you are very welcome. Dya lives in the neitherlands and so postage is very high. I offered to be her swap partner for a pin cushion and send the pin cushion unstuffed so it would go cheaper and she could have fun with us. I am posting pictures of what it will look like stuffed and of the one I sent her. She has been sick and I hope she is doing well now.Have a good weekend everybody. The bottom picture is the unstuffed one I sent her.
I love that fabric,such a cute pc!!!!
Old 03-16-2014, 03:36 AM

Lynnie, the pincushion I've seen from you would be very expensive, because they are too bulky to send in an envelop. But they are fantastic and I'll just go on enjoying the pictures LOL.
That's why both my partner and I send 'unstuffed' PC's, that way the costs won't be sky high, but still more expensive then sending to a partner in the US.
And it's the reason I don't participate in the SP swap each month. That way I still can join in the fun without going broke LOL.

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
I wish I could, but with tracking and special shipping containers mine are over $7-8 each.

No pictures of pc or nc tomorrow, maybe some flower pictures instead. that would be nice.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:16 AM

These are my flowers from last May. Some stalks are there and I hope I get more this year
Attached Thumbnails flowers-024.jpg