Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March 2014 Pincushion & Needle Case Swap ~ Sign up closes March 1st >

March 2014 Pincushion & Needle Case Swap ~ Sign up closes March 1st

March 2014 Pincushion & Needle Case Swap ~ Sign up closes March 1st

Old 03-14-2014, 07:44 AM
Power Poster

Scrapper,lucky you. I wanted that leprechaun pin cushion. Isn't he so cute. Look at the cute needle case too. Thanks for the info on your medicine. I took oral meds for 9 yrs until my pancreais quit making insulin. Now I inject insulin. I will talk to my dr. insulin does help keep my reading down. With watching what I eat. Glad you like your chair pin cushion. Did you lift the seat up to find the hidden compartment? Some great pictures coming in. Keep them coming. Have a good day everyone.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:31 AM
Power Poster

scrapper. so glad you got your pc. nice gifties coming in.
I'm a diabetic. the doc put me on a 'way of life' diet, so far since jan I've lost 24 lbs and my sugars are between low 84 to high 148. 148 was when I ate the whole box of chocolates and 5 pcs of Italian bread. but normally it's now 90-120. I can't take that new med due to the fact that my stomach is paralyzed and I have severe acid reflux. I take about 4 rx for acid reflux and 2 to make my stomach digest food. . if you have stomach problems, you can't take it. good luck
Old 03-14-2014, 04:16 PM

Happy Pi Day everyone! Good to see more pictures, that always brightens up the day.

lynnie I've never heard of a paralyzed stomach, that sounds painful!
Old 03-14-2014, 06:26 PM
Power Poster

not painful, per say. when they were doing one of my back surgeries, they cut the never that makes it digest food, so I don't know when i'm hungry...hence, my eating is not physical, just a bad habit. I take a few meds to digest food. no biggie. glad we got some new pics today, always happy to see them. can't wait to see what the mail brings tomorrow. we're getting snow on sunday night to mon am
Old 03-15-2014, 07:48 AM

Default apologies and picture

I wrote this to the march SP swap as well:
I am so very sorry that I wasn't able to post. I've been in hospital tha last 8 days because of a staphylococ infection. I had a blather infection a couple of weeks ago that went to my kidneys as well. It seemed to be over after antibiotica, but 8 days ago I got a terrible pain in my kidney area and high feaver. I was taken to the emergency and had to stay in hospital till this morning. The first days I never thought of any swap, than I asked a friend to send my swaps. But she didn't manage to get to my files in the PC.
I can't go to the PO today, and they are closed on sundays, so first thing monday morning the parcel with my PC will be on its way.

I got home this morning and found a gorgeous PC from Mary (Lawsonmug). I didn't have the chance to fill it yet, but I wanted to show it, I love the fabrics you used. I also received these small bands I can use on my bobbins (hadn't been able to find those over here),
and patterns for 2 bags. This did make me smile, because just before I went to hospital I had bought some clear vinyl to try and make a bag and some pouches. How did you know??? LOL
As soon as I have finished the PC I'll show another picture.
Thank you so much Mary, I really love and appriciate it.
Attached Thumbnails marchpc1.jpg  
Old 03-15-2014, 09:43 AM
Power Poster

hope all is well and you're feeling better really soon.
very nice needlecase you rec'd from mary.
can't wait to see what I get.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:49 AM

It seems like March came in like a lion for you this month Dya. No worries on the late shipping, we all understand it was certainly not something you could avoid. Just take care of yourself, that always comes first.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:56 AM
Power Poster

fabric lover, I am sorry to hear how sick you were, and I am glad you are home now. Your pincushion is very pretty, and nice goodies too. Get more rest.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:32 AM
Power Poster

Fabric lover (Dya) you are very welcome. Dya lives in the neitherlands and so postage is very high. I offered to be her swap partner for a pin cushion and send the pin cushion unstuffed so it would go cheaper and she could have fun with us. I am posting pictures of what it will look like stuffed and of the one I sent her. She has been sick and I hope she is doing well now.Have a good weekend everybody. The bottom picture is the unstuffed one I sent her.
Attached Thumbnails dsc02482.jpg   dsc02480.jpg  
Old 03-15-2014, 11:33 AM
Power Poster

A couple of folks need to check their mail Monday.