Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March 2017 I Spy Charm Swap >

March 2017 I Spy Charm Swap

March 2017 I Spy Charm Swap

Old 06-15-2017, 06:27 PM

rbwiese, considering your traveling plans, why don't you have a mid July join-by-date, and a second week of August mail-in date, then a turn-around mail back date for the end of August? Then, we'll all have squares for when the kids are back in school, and you won't have to start until you've been back and caught your breath.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:36 PM

Mine are already cut and ready to go whenever. It'll be June 27 before I can mail them, though. I'll be out of town until then. If the cut off is June 30, they should reach you in time since we're just a few miles from each other. If the cut off is extended, that'll be fine, too.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:28 AM

Is there any reason the join date and mail date should be different? We're sending in a set number of bags no matter how many swappers sign up. The only reason for those to be different is if we are cutting for the number of swappers, which we're not. On a swap a couple of times ago, the sign up date and mail date were either the same, or about the same. I signed up at the last moment and mailed the next/last day.

Nothing is stopping us from signing up while Rena is sweating in Texas. If everyone wants to keep a running tally of who has signed up while Rena is on vacation, I'll volunteer to do that. We could just post online or send an extra email to me while she's on vacation. I'll keep a running tally up to date and posted until she gets back and settled. Or, if someone else wants to do it, that would be fine, too.

Another thing I don't understand is limiting how many "sets" one can send in. For instance, if we are saying a "set" is 8 baggies and each baggie has to have 10 different prints in it, then why are we limited to to just 2 unique "sets"? Does anyone understand the rationale for that?

Mid August sounds fine to me, if it works for everyone else. I'm flexible, now that I've retired.

bkay
Old 06-16-2017, 12:00 PM

Sounds like some of you are ready to go with the next swap - so will make the sign-up/mail date of Aug 10th. I will be back by then or maybe a day later. I fly into Nashville and may need a rest day before the drive home.

As far as how many sets of baggies one sends - I just picked up the "formula" that had been used in the past - so if someone wants/needs more squares I think one can sign up for more. Just would like each set of 8 to be a different assortment. Just be aware that if there are not enough swappers, there may be more duplicates. I try to do as good of a job in sorting as I can. I plan on trying to make one quilt with "matching" blocks so the duplicates come in handy then.

I will have my computer with me, so the list of sign-ups isn't a problem. I just won't be able to let one know I have received the packages until I get back.

Thanks for the voices in response - sometimes I need "help" in organizing my thoughts!

Rena
Old 06-16-2017, 06:18 PM

Since June is half over and life gets in the way during the summer, I think the August date is good -- or even a week later.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:09 PM

So, Rena, will we need to wait until August 10th to mail? Or, maybe the better question is will someone be at your home to collect the mail before you return?

bkay
Old 06-17-2017, 06:48 AM

August sounds good. I have most of mine cut, will probably have to take my Mom shopping for new fabric for hers. The things we do -LOL. I love it!
Old 06-19-2017, 06:34 PM

[QUOTE=bkay;7845490]So, Rena, will we need to wait until August 10th to mail? Or, maybe the better question is will someone be at your home to collect the mail before you return?

There will be someone here to get the mail while I am gone so it doesn't matter when you mail.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bullock2us View Post
August sounds good. I have most of mine cut, will probably have to take my Mom shopping for new fabric for hers. The things we do -LOL. I love it!
How awful to have to go shopping for fabric! LOL
Old 06-20-2017, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by rbwiese View Post
How awful to have to go shopping for fabric! LOL
The last thing I need is more I spy fabric. On the other hand, my favorite fabric outlet is having a sale. I don't know if I'll be able to resist.
bkay