Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March 2023 Secret Pal Swap - Signups close midnight March 1 >

March 2023 Secret Pal Swap - Signups close midnight March 1

March 2023 Secret Pal Swap - Signups close midnight March 1

Old 03-03-2023, 09:43 AM
Power Poster

So I ordered my secret pal's items right away. It is good because one of the items might not come in till the 15 th of this month. I found out my secret pal and I have something in common.
Old 03-04-2023, 10:55 AM
Power Poster

Hubby wanted to know if it was mostly the same group. I told him that most of us are regulars and I feel you are my friends. I enjoy trying to personalize packages and figure out what likes and styles you like. Of course the sheets we fill in help. We try and alternate whom you send too. Kathy was able to sent the list for January and February, so people should not have had this swap partner within the last 2 months.

What are your thoughts? Do you feel like me and there is a connection of friends even if you skip a month with participating.
Old 03-08-2023, 02:21 PM

AnnaQuilts,
I do agree it begins to feel like a group of friends. We start to care about the "life" things people share and reading their intro sheet before a swap reminds me how close we are in mind and spirit!
Old 03-08-2023, 04:13 PM
Power Poster

Smile

Thank you Revpam. Hugs to you. Last summer we had the priviledge of stopping by BrendaK while we were driving through her town on the way back from a combined camping/business trip. I was nervous but it was like meeting old friends. Hopefully over time we might run into some more of you in person.

Also an update for the swap, I am receiving notices of the first packages going out.
Old 03-09-2023, 08:37 AM

I agree with RevPam, this group does feel friends! I may not post a lot but I know there are friends in this group, I can ask questions of since I'm a newbie quilter.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

HUGS
Goatmom
Old 03-11-2023, 08:30 PM
Power Poster

I agree I have always called this board my other family. Both my husband and I felt it was a pleasure to meet with Anna and her husband. So if any of you are ever in California and going to be around Marin County please let us know. We would love to meet.

Hugs to you all.

BrendaK
Old 03-13-2023, 05:56 AM

Good Morning,
My secret pal package is going out today. It's going West.

Have a great day Everyone!

Goatmom
Old 03-14-2023, 01:18 PM

Hi Anna,

Absolutely agree, I have made such good friends here. I don't have a problem with getting the same people regularly, as I love getting to know all your likes.

Hugs

Caroline
Old 03-14-2023, 06:41 PM
Power Poster

Ahh that is so sweet Caroline. I don't mind sending to the same person either even though it is nice to get a couple of months in between so maybe the likes and requests have changed up a little.

On another note, I you received your package be sure to contact your secret pal and let them know it arrived. Also if possible post a picture and post a public thank you. Especially now with the weather, wet, snow etc. it is nice to know your recipient got it. I know in my situation it can arrive at 4 different places and unfortunately 2 are throwing over the fence. The latter is when there is a replacement postal delivery person.
Old 03-15-2023, 02:29 PM
Power Poster

I received an awesome package today from Goatmom. It contained the following: A book by an author I haven't read before Paula Hawkins, a Bag of Wint O Green Mints., A super mug rug that had a "B" and a snake (born in the year of the snake) and elephants on it. Super cute. A needle card with Threader, Cube of Birthday Cake Cookie Bites, 2 Mini charm Squares, A zipper Charm with a heartfelt message, Large Noteworthy Note Pad, 2 patterns and as if that was not enough a Beautiful 3D Laser Elephant in a Crystal Ball with stand. Also included were two papers from her area of the country. They were fun to read. I still don't know how to post pictures or I would have. The package was amazing.
If I missed anything Jennifer I am sorry.

Thank you again.

BrendaK