Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Fat Quarter Swap! this months theme is: Spring Flowers! >

March Fat Quarter Swap! this months theme is: Spring Flowers!

March Fat Quarter Swap! this months theme is: Spring Flowers!

Old 03-16-2015, 05:27 PM

Just a heads up to everyone - I'm thinking Civil War reproduction FQ's for next month. Thoughts??

Jane
Old 03-16-2015, 05:29 PM

Received my side swap from kiffie on Sat., lots of really pretty fabrics
[ATTACH=CONFIG]513913[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p3160001.jpg  
Old 03-16-2015, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by jclinganrey View Post
Just a heads up to everyone - I'm thinking Civil War reproduction FQ's for next month. Thoughts??

Jane
Jane, I personally LOVE the idea. I adore Civil War repro fabrics. (Historical up to the 30's repro or feed sack are my favs.) Just my 2 centavos.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Wow!
I sure wish my hubby used ALL of that excess energy he has to do some CLEANING around here!
And he's fast, too...from Texas to New Mexico back to Texas (or did he head from NM up to Wyoming??..) And magically that lil, er medium sized, varmint is back here in Texas. Reclined on the other end of our couch with the race on...Acting as if he's just been hanging out..

He's GOOD... (term used loosely).

Kif
No, no, you guys got it all wrong. He was here in the west and he put a fat quarter in an envelope with no address, will you please ask him who I was going to send that to. And he also took the label off the FQ as to which state had that flower?? AND on the way out he could have picked the toys up and finished off my dishes that I didn't have time for. Oh, well, ya' gotta love him.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by sewellie View Post
No, no, you guys got it all wrong. He was here in the west and he put a fat quarter in an envelope with no address, will you please ask him who I was going to send that to. And he also took the label off the FQ as to which state had that flower?? AND on the way out he could have picked the toys up and finished off my dishes that I didn't have time for. Oh, well, ya' gotta love him.
My goodness, he sure is getting around! .. No wonder he seems exhausted.

Happy you found your safe place you tucked the fqs, patches.

I'm happy all of my swap partners like the fabrics I sent!
I must say there's one that is a field of wheat or corn stalks with pink flowers or something...and it has bunnies hidden all amongst it.
Well, I can't say I really loved that fabric, but when I was picking out fabrics to send, my lil granddaughter was here. She knew it was Easter themed on many of them.
This is where it's pretty funny: I inherited several fabrics from an aunt, including the bunny in the wheat field one, BUT I'd never noticed the bunnies in there!!
Dgd was helping me pick fabrics, and she pulled out that one. I glanced at it, and gently told her, but it's Easter theme, sweetie. She said, Grammy there's bunnies all in it.
Well I'm happy I looked closer, as the lil "eagle eye" was right! She was so proud of finding bunny fabric that I didn't have the heart to tell her let's not use that one.
I just thought, I'll humor her, but not send it...
Well, she was too smart for that, too..lol. So I included extras to make up for it.

Next time there's an ugly fq swap, I fully expect to see that one being sent. Probably I'll be the one to get it back..lol..

Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 03-16-2015 at 09:14 PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:44 AM

love your cute easter fabrics Kiffie. they are hopping good! I really love those eggs and chickies. remind me of chilli-peep peeps my mom used to tell me about. when she was a little girl in Germany they had a huge farm they lived on. she was super tiny and was in the yard loving the little chickies .. to death. she would hug them and squeeze them because they were so cute til they.. died. her mother had to ban her from the chicken yard til she was much older but she said they were so cute she had to hug them tight. so there went the chilly peep peep story from there on and well we all loved them. Now I make pom pom chicks with little orange pipe cleaners for legs and give them a felt beak and they look like those 50's chickens you see from time to time. remind me of her story so they live on still darn chicks'.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:55 AM

Love the idea of civil war or maybe something that reminds your mom for mothers day
Old 03-17-2015, 11:26 AM

Will pass on the civil war fabrics. Will swap batiks...
Old 03-17-2015, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by TPr9258 View Post
Love the idea of civil war or maybe something that reminds your mom for mothers day
Intrigued by the idea of swapping fabrics that represent "mother" for mother's day.

Not interested in batiks.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:47 PM

That is what I thought Patchesnposies when I suggested it, if you sent things that reminded you of your mom the person receiving can maybe see their mom in the stuff you sent,