Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
MARCH  Fat Quarter Swap! SPRING FLOWERS!!! >

MARCH Fat Quarter Swap! SPRING FLOWERS!!!

MARCH Fat Quarter Swap! SPRING FLOWERS!!!

Old 03-14-2014, 12:53 AM

BJSmith,
Happy you like them, I really enjoyed picking this month's fqs.

Ellie,
You are too kind about me...but I thank you all the same, and the feeling is mutual my "quilty sis".
Regarding Brat, totally agree!!
K

Last edited by kiffie2413; 03-14-2014 at 12:55 AM.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:02 AM

you guys are brats. end of discussion

I was thinking and if you figure out what brand the lilac one on the left is let me know its so pretty I think it would be perfect for my mothers quilt. I am on a search now until its located so just saying if you can figure it out I am all ears!

think batiks, beautiful hand dyed batiks in all the shades of the rainbow.. I have an amazing collection of yellow and blue and have started such a simple block in a block pattern with them from the block of them month Feb. Its going to be an awful pretty little quilt. I NEVER would have said I liked them then suddenly they.. grew on me and grew on me til I have over 20 yellow and blue batiks not terrifically fond of the ones that are a bit less 'shiny'? but in the end they are all so gorgeous. the theme: beach and water..so I hope you consider the possibilities. I do know that they don't mix as easily with regular fabrics so make sure A) they are washed and B) if you mix them that you go real slow when sewing so you don't warp the fabrics. Other than that.. it sure is a fun medium that everyone has to try at least once. HENCE the sign ups coming shortly. Still over 10 out so I have to wait til we get down to two or three but as soon as they come in we are golden and can swap these gorgeous batiks.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:36 AM

My second package came today, and what lovely colors and prints. Thank you so much Jane! By combining both swaps I can already see a pretty floral table topper much like the one we just did for the Mystery Train last month. How exciting! Thank you very much.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 03-14-2014, 03:34 PM

I received mine today also from Jane, nice floral fabrics. Thank you Jane so much[ATTACH=CONFIG]467213[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf1950.jpg  
Old 03-15-2014, 06:30 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]467246[/ATTACH]These are the lovelies that I received from bjsmith57. Thanks again!
Attached Thumbnails img_2909.jpg  
Old 03-15-2014, 08:47 AM

what a variety has been sent! only five more swaps to complete! then I will post a new swap for April. The theme will be batiks which has been a big hit in the past and I hope so this round too. Thanks again for the kind words but once again if anyone can do it better please please let me know. I am all ears.

I think its been a fun turn around and hope to continue with many in the future. If you HAVE NOT SENT PLEASE WRITE ME . I will post the names of unsenders on line to the members who should have received from them on MONDAy so if you don't want it public you have to write me. JUST LET ME KNOW WHY so I can let your partner know why too..
Old 03-15-2014, 09:29 AM

I received a pretty package from Shake-n-Bake. Thanks, Linda!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]467281[/ATTACH]

Jane

Waiting patiently for my 2nd package - - -
Attached Thumbnails march-fqs.jpg  
Old 03-15-2014, 09:43 AM

More lilacs! Daffodils seem to have been popular this month, and I can't wait to see them popping up in the yard.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:28 AM

Exactly what I was looking for, SheriR. The quilt is beautiful! Thank you. More later, my friend.

Ellie
Old 03-15-2014, 05:40 PM

I received my lovely fqs from sewellie today, along with some lovely cotton lace and a sweet note card. I will post pics as soon as I figure out how to on my new Kindle...lol.
Mine this month are actually Fall theme. Ellie messaged me she was sending me Fall as she knew that I had said they are some of my favorites. She also generously offered to send Spring flowers if I didn't want the Fall ones she had sent. I suppose I could've said I wanted Spring, and got double this month....lol... But Ellie has an excellent memory in recalling my love for Fall. The only thing I love more than Fall fabrics are metallic Fall fabrics...and most of the ones she sent are metallic, too! Love them all!! Thank you, Ellie!!
K