Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
MARCH  Fat Quarter Swap! SPRING FLOWERS!!! >

MARCH Fat Quarter Swap! SPRING FLOWERS!!!

MARCH Fat Quarter Swap! SPRING FLOWERS!!!

Old 03-12-2014, 03:57 PM

Elisabrat--I should have said something before now. I am sorry I didn't. You are one of the most amazing hostesses. I think you have done such a wonderful job. After being the president of a ladies club, I found those that complain the most will not take over. They make suggestions ,but when approached to actually be in charge, they decline. Know that you have done a GREAT job!!!!
Old 03-12-2014, 04:52 PM
Power Poster

Elisabrat sorry that there are problems, you are doing a great job!
Old 03-12-2014, 04:54 PM
Power Poster

Received 5 beautiful fat quarters from Catherine from IN, no board name. Aren't they lovely? Thank you so much.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]466894[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 03-12-2014, 05:14 PM

Spring has arrived early in Illinois. I received these lovelies from Aprilisslowlylearningtoquilt. I just love them. She also sent a great card, which I forgot to include in the picture. Thanks April. Love them.
Attached Thumbnails spring-flowers1.jpg  
Old 03-12-2014, 05:18 PM

WOW!!!!! great FQ's.....Oh I wish,I wish I could have joined this Month but you can bet I will be joining next Month.

Elisbrat you are doing a fantastic job with this swap and I appreciate you and all that you give to making this such a fun swap.
Any hints what next month's swap will be???? I can't wait. I really miss swapping it is just so much fun
Old 03-12-2014, 07:18 PM

I can't believe that you are getting bad feedback!!! In my opinion you are doing an awesome job. I would never be able to do a swap, the time and effort you spend must be incredible. I must apologize for all the people that complain. Apparently they haven't taken on such a effort or they wouldn't complain. Please know that I appreciate all that you've done and I have made many mistakes myself all the time. It's a learning process and if anyone thinks they can do better - well, really?

Blessings to you my friend.
Ellie (aka sewellie)
Old 03-12-2014, 07:30 PM

Brat,
You know how I feel about ya! And I will say aloud what I pm'd you, I agree with you and think it would be easier for you and everyone if you (or whoever hostesses) coordinate the names..meaning get them, and then partner us up, but let us pm each other our names, addresses, what we like under the general theme for the month, etc. For me, I actually say "Surprise me!" When asked what I want to be sent. But the option could be there for those who want to suggest options. I don't understand the secret part on this swap anyways..As it's still secret what fqs we each actually receive.. And there are other specifically secret swaps for those who want that.
I also must say even if there is a mistake, mix up, snafu, we are all human and make mistakes. I don't understand how being rude to any of our hosts/hostesses about any honest mistakes helps anyone.
Brat knows all of what I am fixing to write:
I'm actually one who at 1st didn't get but 1 name this month. I thought probably just enough for us all to do only 1 this time. Or maybe Brat was only doing 1 each, as she's just taking on this swap and she has A LOT on her plate. Brat and I pm occasionally, and I mentioned sending my extras to my partner since only 1 this time. Brat mssgd back an "Oops" and her apologies that I was to have so and so, and so and so. Brat also graciously offered to send to my 2nd lady, if I was unable. I told her No worries, I have plenty of fabric. I also offered to pm my 2nd partner and let her know there had been a "lil snafu" so to speak, but I was mailing out her fqs on Monday (it was weekend). So she wouldn't think she was forgotten. In that pm I said I was sorry I had mistakenly thought only 1 partner for each this month, but Brat and I talk occasionally, figured it out, and it was all good. I also said I thought Brat was trying so hard hosting this swap. My 2nd partner mssgd back a thank you for the info. I sent out the fqs Monday as promised, thinking all okay.
I wrote all the above not because I think everyone needs to know, quite the opposite, really. But it seems like either things are getting mixed up in the translations, or something. I hope we all can remember we're all human. We're all trying to do the best we can. I know I love the swaps I've been in. I appreciate every host/ hostess and every swap partner. I've had a few times I received late..or didn't hear from my partner. But I am fairly sure I've never have let it make me be unkind. I've always had great communication with every hostess. I imagine if I did ever have issues that couldn't seem to be resolved, I would just not participate in that particular swap.
So Brat, you do what you need to for YOU, okay??!! If you decide it's best for you not to hostess this swap, I understand...but I will miss you. And you will not escape my pm's!!
Regards to all,
Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 03-12-2014 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:12 PM

Beautiful fqs coming in!!!!
K
Old 03-12-2014, 09:04 PM

Oh my goodness look at the lilacs!!! I absolutely adore lilacs. Sue, or April, what is the name of the lilac fabric on the top left of the picture? I really think I NEED that fabric. Even though they make me sneeze I always have to bring in a few bouquets every spring. I think it is partly because then I know it's really, really spring.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:24 AM

I'm sorry lauriejo, I do not know. Hopefully April does. Yes they are beautiful flowers that smell sooo good.