Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time! >

March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

Old 03-12-2015, 01:28 PM

And I really can't imagine anyone on this site even sending such an e-mail, since quilters are naturally giving people. It's mind-boggling!
Old 03-12-2015, 02:53 PM
Power Poster

Ok, here I go again. I am not on this swap, only because I started making the mini quilts which are similar in size. This month didn't do any swaps to have a break and been sick and work on a few personal things. Not a good excuse, but I guess I lack being a tough one. lol...

I CANNOT STAND ANYONE TALKING LIKE THAT TO A GREAT PERSON LIKE ELISABRAT THAT WAY. Lord, I just know I will sooner or later get knocked off the board that I love so much, but I have to say it. We all decide what we do or don't do, and some of us would love to do a whole lot more. I know whoever said this mean thing to her I would like to do a whole lot more, so I will try to remain a Christian and pray for this person.

If you don't like things on this board then please "why do you stay?" Why say mean things to others? I just don't understand. We have lots of quilters here, and many have fun making all kinds of things in their lives. Some are newbies, some been here awhile like myself and still learning, and others though we all say we never stop learning are much more experienced, but we all have one main thing in common. We are here to share in our learning and excelling process, and just hanging out to chat about things similar to have a good time.

Along the way, because it does get a lot like real time life we learn a bit about each other over time, and hear who is sick who had a death in the family, and it goes on and on. We talk about the weather etc. Now I will admit in real life it's similar in that we can get upset about stuff. Kids get upset about stuff. Husband and wives get upset about stuff, but for the most part we know we really care about others.

This board is a total choice of coming, viewing, sharing, and just having a good time. Also, my goodness we gain a wealth of free information. Some let us know about things we can purchase etc. So why send anything mean to anyone? We all can send notices if we didn't get a swap package we agreed upon, but that is different.

If someone decides to send someone something what is it to YOU?

If its your way of saying you hate gifts then just tell everyone. If you are having a hard time, and something not good is going on then also let someone you trust on here know. Then we could reach out to you. OK?

Sorry if I went too far. I really am.
Susan/JuneBillie
Old 03-12-2015, 03:24 PM

Linda, I just read your post. I hope you know that unkind email wasn't the reflection of most of us??? I loved reading the encouraging posts to you and I applaud and agree! It sounds to me like someone was either just having a really bad day, or has somehow become envious of the warm and wonderful person you are?? Gifting is always optional. You have enough trials in your life without people being nasty here. Huge ((((((( HUGS ))))))) !!! We love you!
Old 03-12-2015, 03:29 PM

WTH??? Why would anyone send something like that? I don't understand. Quilters are a naturally giving group. We don't look for anything in return. If I'm going to gift something to someone, it isn't anybody's business but my own. If that person doesn't like it...TUFF!!!!! Get over it!!! Many people, including myself, have seen something and said "Oh I like that. I want one too." That is just showing how much we like something. We don't expect to have someone send it. Just like those flip flops Lynnie made. I would love to have a pair of those but I am not asking her to send me a pair. I'm just saying that I love them. So, to whomever sent that message to Brat...GET A LIFE!!!
Old 03-12-2015, 04:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by klaws View Post
WTH??? Why would anyone send something like that? I don't understand. Quilters are a naturally giving group. We don't look for anything in return. If I'm going to gift something to someone, it isn't anybody's business but my own. If that person doesn't like it...TUFF!!!!! Get over it!!! Many people, including myself, have seen something and said "Oh I like that. I want one too." That is just showing how much we like something. We don't expect to have someone send it. Just like those flip flops Lynnie made. I would love to have a pair of those but I am not asking her to send me a pair. I'm just saying that I love them. So, to whomever sent that message to Brat...GET A LIFE!!!
Well said Karen!
Old 03-12-2015, 04:48 PM

Brat. I luv you and U do not need any of this negative talk. U R under enough stress to have to go thru this poop. Keep smiling and making us laugh with your stories.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:21 PM
Power Poster

Linda, you're going thru so much riht now. I wish I could take it off your shoulders, but I can't.
I love reading your stories and uplifting words and jokes. You are a bright spot in my life, an i'm sure everyone you touch, you brighten their day.
Love rading all your funny rants and I feel for you. don't let someone's jealousy hurt you. You are a great person and a great leader and swap person. I'm proud to say I know you and have one of your blocks in my chicken quilt.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:42 PM

Well I can NOT believe all the drama that is going on! Brat is wonderful and does not ask for gifts. Her heart is big she gets what she gives. Love you girl,dont let anyone hurt you like that. You know you are not a greedy person. Unbelievable that people have to be mean.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:44 PM

Well I got a beautiful mug rug today from cheesehead! Florida ocean and a beautiful turtle!! Fabric and candy and some beautiful dec stick pins!!! Thank you so much!!!!
Old 03-12-2015, 06:17 PM

Well said JuneBillie, Brat we all think so much of you! It amazes me that Adult people still want to hurt people! Just stay true to yourself and keep your head up,YOU are a beautiful person!!!!