Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th >

March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th

March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th

Old 03-14-2013, 12:43 PM

Since the 15th is the deadline, I thought we were supposed to send you a message if we were not going to make the deadline. Am I wrong? Only send a message when the package is sent? Thanks for letting me know as I want to do it right ( a bit sarcastic since I am not meeting the deadline, but I want to make some homemade items.)

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
This is to all the people who send me a message and say that they are going to mail their package tomorrow, I want you to send me a message the day you actually put it in the mail. I know everyone has good intentions, but sometimes hubby forgets to mail it or the mailman doesn't pick it up or it is returned with postage due and I think it was mailed the next day as planned. So please send me a message when it is mailed so there is no confusion on my part, thanks!
Old 03-14-2013, 12:44 PM

Happy birthday Mary! Gzuslivz, congratulations on the new grandbaby and prayers going your husband's way. I hope he is feeling better and will be home soon so that he too can enjoy Cora. Louise, that was a cute pin!Sp your pkg arrived in the po today so hopefully its either delivered today or tomorrow! Well I''m done with training. Today was the self-defense hands on training and I tell ya it was good but I'm now sore! I do have to work tomorrow but I can't wait for my 3 day weekend! Nice pkgs. coming in all, keep 'em coming!
Old 03-14-2013, 01:08 PM

I just may have found a clue pertaining to me. I asked for homemade also I have two numbers in my zipcode.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:17 PM

mary- looks like there are plenty of us in March - Lori, you and me (tomorrow) and I'm sure there are others I've seen post, just can't remember who they were. And, I do claim the Irish or Iowish part of my heritage!! Happy birthday to all of us.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
Lori I hope that the new meds are starting to help you.

When I saw this I thought of you.

ENJOY!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]401701[/ATTACH]

Oh my gosh where ever did you find that awesome button? My friend of 25+ years is from Iowa - they take family photos standing in front of the corn fields "Children of the Corn" - she would get a kick out of a button like this because she's also an irish lass.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
happy birthday lori and feel better soon. My b-day is the 14th. I forgot ours were so close. Hugs mary

Happy Birthday Mary - hope your day was extra special.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:03 PM

AKA-dabbler312 Thank you for the nice March SP pkg. What a nice surprise. Yippee! I received my SP pkg today! 9 pieces of black and white fabrics. I am collecting those for a special project. 1/4 YD each . A pack of 3 vintage 1930 towels to embroidery , or decorate , Aunt Martha's hot iron on transfers of teapots. tea bags... 5 shades of blue embroidery threads, and a thread organizer. tote bag pattern , will make a nice gift bag/or shopping bag. I am ready to begin a new project! marking tape.. ohh I like this, now I can sew straight! pretty ink pen, will put that in my purse to replace the Bic. I hope I listed all , want to give you a big thank you, and a hug for everything on my profile. Carolyn
Old 03-14-2013, 03:43 PM
Banned

Lori - A friend of mine posted that on her facebook wall,
and I saved it so that I could post it here for you.

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
Krystyna the Cymbalta isn't the problem I was taking it and didn't feel tired at all, just still in pain so Dr gave me generic Neurotin which is what is making me tired. That is a side effect that will go away soon I hope!

gzusliv congrats on your new grandaughter Cora and prayers being said for your husband! We need a picture of Cora and maybe your husband so he doesn't feel left out! lol

mscupid you are absolutely right about the bench.... it hasn't even been put out yet, if any of you are sitting on a bench it belongs to someone else!!!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes, I loved them.

Quilty-Louise where did you ever see the pin? I love it!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:18 PM

Thank you all for the prayers and concern for my DH as well as the congrats on the arrival of our sweet Cora. Hubby is very sick. The dr said that his pancreatitis was "massive". He had actually begun renal failure, but they caught it and his kidneys are responding. The two main causes of pancreatitis are alcohol and gall stones. Neither of those apply to him. So the next step (aside from continuing treatment) is to perform an endoscopic ultrasound to see if there is anything structural that caused it (cyst or tumor). It could also be auto-immune related. They are continuing to run rests. The earliest he will be coming home is early next week, and that is if everything goes really well.

On another note, Cora is amazing! My dd is recovering from the c section well. They will probably be discharged tomorrow. So, as requested, here is a pic of Cora Madeline:
Attached Thumbnails img_1468.jpg  
Old 03-14-2013, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
OK. In that HUGE type it's looks like Happy Birthday Marv!
*snickers* Marv, Mary, whatever works on her birthday!