Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th >

March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th

March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th

Old 03-21-2013, 09:38 AM

Red face Thank You Toomanyufo's

To Ms. Toomanyufo's,

I wanted to give you a huge Thank You for this wonderful package that You sent me this month. On Monday it ended up being a most welcome sight after such a trying day. I spent most of the day in the ER with my S.O. and it was 7pm before they decided to admit him then we has to wait for him to go up to his room and settled in for the duration. The weather here in Mid-Mich. was having a lake effect day and high winds with night falling rather quickly as I finally made it out the doors of the hospital. Oh the fun of navigating on sheets of ice during high winds with suicidial deer is grating on taughten nerves. I finally made it through the front door just before 10 pm. After being up @ 6:30 am, with a quick note here I clasped on the bed, still dressed; in pure exhustion.

So finally I had the chance to open this great package that oh so have been patiently waiting for me to open it as I sit with my laptop, a cup of coffee and a little "Eagle Eye Cherry" helping me becom human this morn... er afternoon. Umm this will take a second, but here we go...... rip... peek....o oohhh.... wait ... picture... flash... upload.... reaching in .... fondling.... read.... drool.... gawk... fabric therapy..... pet... pet... pet.... appreciate..... coooo.... rip..... breakfast.... fav.... pretzel M&M's.... giggle.... read.... smile.... deciding where my little decorative "Freindship" plaque will go. Love the soft "femimine" colors in the plaque blends in my little "girly" tea corner. Okay some how that pic is much smaller than I wanted it... humm will have to work on that.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]403245[/ATTACH]

Ms. Too' sent me some wonderful neutrals to add to my small collection. These are 3 half yards that I actually don't have yet. Yeah!!! And that FQ of aqua of '30's is just prefect some a wall hanging of Blue Red Work that I'm getting ready to start. How perfect!!! It's like she has an inside track of ESP in the death trap of my never slowing mind... LOL. Now after I pick up the house a little, I was planning to make some scones this afternoon, so the 4 teas that she sent me will be a wonderful treat and have the 1st placed on my cup & saucer that I love to use that is in the above picture. I can't wait the weather to break so that I can put my little chickdee flag up outside in amoung my hostas. And the 2 books that she sent me are sitting next to my bed, waiting for me to start. Along with her hand written note, I'm glad to say it was the pick-me-up that I surely needed this week. Thank You for you generous gift and it was well timed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]403253[/ATTACH]

Sincerely,
Tricia
Attached Thumbnails dscn2156-320x240-.jpg   dscn2153-320x240-.jpg  

Last edited by Quercus Rubra; 03-21-2013 at 09:43 AM. Reason: picture issues
Old 03-21-2013, 10:10 AM

Verna~sometimes working on one of my other projects or hobbies help....sometimes I also do something besides the actual sewing...organizing fabric, cleaning the sewing room, cutting fabric, etc. or do some little thing that will give instant gratification like a mug rug.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:56 AM

Verna, I read a quilt book and get really excited..what a list of "I want to make that one next" I have...Do you have a friend to sew with? That helps, too. Wish you were here...I would sew with you. I know your Dresden Plate is going to be beautiful...it is one of my very favorites...just sew a little on it today or get it out and look at what you have already done..that should inspire you!
Old 03-21-2013, 10:57 AM

I do the same thing Brenda.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:56 PM

Quercus Rubra so glad you liked your pkg.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:16 PM
Swap Hosts

TooMany, wow! what a great package. Lucky Quercus!

Verna, this is just me, but why not step outside your comfort zone? If you're accustomed to traditional projects like the Dresden Plate, why not try something wonky -- crazy slicing and piecing, strips, a crazy quilt. Or just take some left overs and whack them up and see what happens.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:11 PM

Krystyna, Those mug rugs are so cute! Where did you get that coffee fabric (or did you embroider the pictures on?)
Old 03-21-2013, 02:19 PM

Sibi -- not sure if pale lilac is your son's best color, but he definitely gets the prize for being a good sport. You are a lucky mom.

Reeskylr -- yeah, the chocolate was (past tense) good. No willpower at all. I think the devil has given chocolate a voice of its own that calls out my name at nite. Please, let me get thru Easter (or rather the half-price sales of chocolate after Easter) without putting on more poundage.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:40 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by skaduzy View Post
Krystyna, Those mug rugs are so cute! Where did you get that coffee fabric (or did you embroider the pictures on?)
Sue, I embroidered the design on and FMQ'd around it. I think the designs were either from Urban Threads or Running with Scissors -- two of my favorite whacky design companies!
Old 03-21-2013, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
TooMany, wow! what a great package. Lucky Quercus!

Verna, this is just me, but why not step outside your comfort zone? If you're accustomed to traditional projects like the Dresden Plate, why not try something wonky -- crazy slicing and piecing, strips, a crazy quilt. Or just take some left overs and whack them up and see what happens.
thank you everyone for your response. Yes I think I will just put the Dresden Plate aside and do something else.