Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th >

March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th

March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th

Old 03-21-2013, 03:00 PM

OK -- I'm feeling really special now -- "my cup DEFINITELY runneth over" (and I'm not referring to my D's). Twinkie volunteered thru Lori to be my "official" February SP (Angel), and sent me a very generous and welcome box full of goodies. She included fabric (two blue solids I did not have, lots of yardage and scraps to make little quilts for kids, Easter fabric that is soon to be transformed into a table runner), yellow embroidery thread (very welcome for spring motifs), buttons, lots of individual drink mixes (a good assortment to try before I buy full boxes of some of the flavors), peppermint patties, and two good paranormal/mystery/suspense books to read. And last but no means least, all kinds of homemade goodies -- crocheted cotton scrub cloth, large size potholder/hot pad, folded fabric ornament, and sachet. Thank you so much, Twinkie -- You are a good example of the graciousness and caring I see among so many on this Board.
Attached Thumbnails 005.jpg   003.jpg  
Old 03-21-2013, 03:25 PM
Swap Hosts

What a lovely surprise, Nancy!
Old 03-21-2013, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
Sibi -- not sure if pale lilac is your son's best color, but he definitely gets the prize for being a good sport. You are a lucky mom.
I think he would agree with you...wouldn't be caught dead in pale lilac (he is a teenager after all, gotta keep up appearances). But he was a good sport and didn't even blink an eye when I asked him to model for me. He's a sweetie and I'm lucky to be his mom! :-)

Last edited by Sibi; 03-21-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Sue, I embroidered the design on and FMQ'd around it. I think the designs were either from Urban Threads or Running with Scissors -- two of my favorite whacky design companies!
I've never heard of either of those sites but am going to check them out right now. Thanks
Old 03-21-2013, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by quiltymom View Post
Got package from TammyB today!! Thankyou again.
You are welcome.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:41 PM

Default Package Received

Looky here! I received my package from Starshine (Tricia). All the way from Columbus, Ohio. Oh, I love everything. She sent two yards of fabric for my aqua blue stash, tea, notecards, a pincushion she knitted that will hold a thimble too, and some delicious caramels from the local candy company (I've already had half a dozen). Yummers! Thank you so much!
Attached Thumbnails sp-swap-starshine.jpg  
Old 03-21-2013, 06:06 PM
Power Poster

So glad you liked it, Nancy. It was my pleasure. Power has been off since the weekend due to horrible very quick but powerful storm that hit our state. Only back on 20 minutes ago. Affected 250,000 homes. Praise the LORD it is back on now.

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
OK -- I'm feeling really special now -- "my cup DEFINITELY runneth over" (and I'm not referring to my D's). Twinkie volunteered thru Lori to be my "official" February SP (Angel), and sent me a very generous and welcome box full of goodies. She included fabric (two blue solids I did not have, lots of yardage and scraps to make little quilts for kids, Easter fabric that is soon to be transformed into a table runner), yellow embroidery thread (very welcome for spring motifs), buttons, lots of individual drink mixes (a good assortment to try before I buy full boxes of some of the flavors), peppermint patties, and two good paranormal/mystery/suspense books to read. And last but no means least, all kinds of homemade goodies -- crocheted cotton scrub cloth, large size potholder/hot pad, folded fabric ornament, and sachet. Thank you so much, Twinkie -- You are a good example of the graciousness and caring I see among so many on this Board.

Last edited by twinkie; 03-21-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:16 PM
Power Poster

Well, I have been without power for the last 5 days and it just came on tonight. Wanted to post that I got a wonderful package from Michelle in NC "MDMPanther". Full of lots of goodies but have to get up at 5:00 a.m. to get ready for work. Will post pictures this weekend. Thanks Michelle.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Swap Hosts

Twinkie, my sympathies. Lights are good. I like them.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:08 PM

Hello all, long time no "see". Sorry for being absent this month. Although I did get my package out on time, and sent out all the needed messages, I have been remiss in visiting with you all and posting pics. So to start with, here is my wonderful squishy from MDMPanther
[ATTACH=CONFIG]403391[/ATTACH]
She sent me fabrics that completely matched my three favs - pink, turquoise and oriental. And a cute bee skep pincushion for my collection, and the little bee at the bottom is the tab for a tape measure. How cute is that! She also made me a neat little wallet/card case. I also got a cute Mary Englebreit magnet, love her, a cool journal, sweet note cards, a neat needle threader/inserter, a coaster pattern, and oh yeah yummos! Um I think there were more eggs when I opened the package . . . Another great swap partner for me!

I think that it is so cool that when I mentioned sending something local it inspired starshine to do the same, but I can't take credit for that. I got a squishy from Aussie Croydon and she sent a brochure about where she lives and I thought it was so cool and started doing the same.
Attached Thumbnails 100_2897.jpg