Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed >

March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

Old 03-18-2011, 08:58 AM

The candle smells great, I managed to get a picture of the candy before it "disappeared", and she was sweet enough to send a coloring book for each of my children. I also got a warm, comfortable wrap, a pretty notepad that fits in my purse, and some beautiful fabrics!!! Woo Hooo!!!

Thank you BusyMom

My goodies!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171431[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-171426.jpe  
Old 03-18-2011, 09:03 AM

I can't believe these $10.00 swaps. Quilters sure are thrifty!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by hoffim
The candle smells great, I managed to get a picture of the candy before it "disappeared", and she was sweet enough to send a coloring book for each of my children. I also got a warm, comfortable wrap, a pretty notepad that fits in my purse, and some beautiful fabrics!!! Woo Hooo!!!

Thank you BusyMom
How nice that she sent coloring books for the kids too! Another beautiful package!
Maybe mine will come today?!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by LoriEl
I can't believe these $10.00 swaps. Quilters sure are thrifty!
hahaha...I was thinking the same thing! ; )
Old 03-18-2011, 09:20 AM

I checked my delivery confirmation this morning it said "in route" so I'm guessing it's still making its way across the ocean :) :)
Old 03-18-2011, 09:30 AM

Woohoo I picked my package up from the mailbox today! Thank you so much lawsonmugs, the other Mary from Missouri. I love everything that you picked out for me. Thanks for the hand made manicure set in cat fabric and I just love the 1/2 yard of cat fabric also. The cat fabric is going into my kitty cat quilt project. I definately needed a marking pen as I did not have one. I was using soap, something I learned from my clothes sewing days.

The three fat quarters of animal skin prints will find their way into my ethnic print quilt series I am currently working on. Candles are always good items for me and the scent is soo fresh smelling. The hot chocolate is brewing as I write this and I am going to break off a piece of the chocolate candy to put in my hot chocolate. It shoud be a taste sensation. As for the tennis shoe key chain, what a conversation piece. I am gonna put that on my key chain and sport it around town.

Again thank you so much for everything Mary. Oops can't forget to thank you for my handmade card. I love it all.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-171445.jpe   attachment-171446.jpe  
Old 03-18-2011, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
Woohoo I picked my package up from the mailbox today! Thank you so much lawsonmugs, the other Mary from Missouri. I love everything that you picked out for me. Thanks for the hand made manicure set in cat fabric and I just love the 1/2 yard of cat fabric also. The cat fabric is going into my kitty cat quilt project. I definately needed a marking pen as I did not have one. I was using soap, something I learned from my clothes sewing days.

The three fat quarters of animal skin prints will find their way into my ethnic print quilt series I am currently working on. Candles are always good items for me and the scent is soo fresh smelling. The hot chocolate is brewing as I write this and I am going to break off a piece of the chocolate candy to put in my hot chocolate. It shoud be a taste sensation. As for the tennis shoe key chain, what a conversation piece. I am gonna put that on my key chain and sport it around town.

Again thank you so much for everything Mary. Oops can't forget to thank you for my handmade card. I love it all.
AWww...your sneaker keychain is a little Chuck Taylor hi top! How cute! What a nice bunch of goodies!
Old 03-18-2011, 10:12 AM

I got tomato fabric coming out my ears, two double-sided bandanas for my my fur baby with a couple little mild bones, a beautuful tomato pin cushion, old-fashioned pot holder crocheing book, a subscriprion to Tast of Home, St. Patrick's socks (my birhday), two lint rollers and evidently Zappycat enclosed some candy bars but I think the mail man got to them (lol).

Also, a wonderful letter inquiring about my health and lack of activity on the boards. Very sweet and thoughtful.

Thanks so much Zappycat, it made my birthday.

rejenea

Thanks Zappycat
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171462[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-171457.jpe  
Old 03-18-2011, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by rejenea
I got tomato fabric coming out my ears, two double-sided bandanas for my my fur baby with a couple little mild bones, a beautuful tomato pin cushion, old-fashioned pot holder crocheing book, a subscriprion to Tast of Home, St. Patrick's socks (my birhday), two lint rollers and evidently Zappycat enclosed some candy bars but I think the mail man got to them (lol).

Also, a wonderful letter inquiring about my health and lack of activity on the boards. Very sweet and thoughtful.

Thanks so much Zappycat, it made my birthday.

rejenea
Glad you enjoyed that candy Rejenea... I'm not buying that story about the postman!! haha! Glad you were able to post a photo since I was "photography-challenged" apparently on the day that I mailed it out to you! Glad to see you back online! : )
Old 03-18-2011, 10:32 AM

I was out of town yesterday visiting my mother when my package arrived. I didn't get home until 9:30 and no one mentioned that I got a package so read part of the newspaper, tidied up a bit, and got ready for bed. As I was going up the stair to my bedroom, I noticed a package on the dining room table (hidden in the usual collection of "stuff" at collects on a table that doesn't get used often). I immediately went back down and found my secret pal gift! Of course I opened it and found all sorts of lovely things. A quilting book - Fun with One Block Quilts, a tote pattern - Charm Party Tote, and a novel - Broken Dishes, a Benni Harper Mystery (I really like mysteries and spy novels, etc. so this is perfect!) I also got six lovely fabrics in blues, aquas, teals, turquoise - all my favorite colors. Can you see the cute pincushion in the picture, the spring bonnet? Very special as it is handmade. Some Orange Social tea, a spool of hand quilting thread and a note pad/journal were included as well. I photographed my chocolate and wrote my thank you before I broke into my special bag filled with assorted candy - I'm enjoying a caramel-filled egg right now and will keep the M & M fill egg to savor later. What a wonderful surprise from CAgirl1!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-171464.jpe