Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed >

March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

Old 03-19-2011, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tcharlie
Sorry to hijack your post, but the only way I know how to post a photo is to hit the reply quote button (had to get help putting pics on camera) will describe on seperate post.

This magnificant package was waiting for me when I got home today :D :-D thoughtful friend.
Terryl,
Yeah, you got your pictures posted! Way to go, I knew you could do it.

Awesome package!.......I'm still waiting....been working on my rug mug mats........ :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:[/quote]

Wellllllll............I didn't actually do it :oops: :oops: I had someone else transfer the pics from the camera to the computer, (I put the card in the computer sideways had to get the tweezers to get it out :thumbdown: :thumbdown: ) I just knew that in order to get the browse buttons I needed to reply quote, then my friend did the rest though I DID say that I can't learn if I don't do it myself, but that friend doesn't have enough patience to watch and talk me through it. So I really still don't know how. But I am trying to learn.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by koko
Originally Posted by hoffim
Originally Posted by koko
Great Packages ladies and lots of ideas for future swaps! Won't be long now for the April sign up -right? Do we have a bench yet for those waiting to sign up?
I'm patiently waiting in my rocking chair, on my porch, watching my kids ride their bikes and draw all over my drive way. :)
We still have snow but I did walk the dog today. I just realized you live close to me - small world.
We still have a ton in the yard but that didn't stop the girls. They are very excited to have a dry drive way to play on. LOL I love this area but the snow seems to last forever... Thanksgiving til Easter seems a bit much.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by gaby4v
Originally Posted by Terryl
The sun is out and we have 40F....woohoo!!!! Maybe this is the first sign of Spring???? So, I moved my bench back outside and enjoying the sun. Patiently waiting.
Gaby, I read a post of yours earlier on this thread that said the post office is only accepting letters now, does that mean it's only delivering letters too? You didn't mention incoming mail.
No, mail is still coming in, packages and letters. Just outgoing is restricted to letters only. Guess my future son-in-law will have to wait for his birthday package a little longer.
Gaby, Since you can receive packages, I want to know if there is anything you need that we can send you. We continually pray for you and all the people of Japan. My heart is breaking for all the precious ones facing this devastation.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Boop56
Originally Posted by Boop56
Dearest Secret Pal...Here is a sneak peek of your package. I sent it out today. I have been having problems with my eyes from a bacterial infection for 3 months now. I didn't get everything done but I hope I hit on what you are interested in. (OH, It is heading north. Actually to a city 3 hours south of where I used to live before moving to FLORIDA). Have a GREAT DAY!!!
What a tease you are
HI. How are you doing? I live in saint Cloud. It's nice to see other people from Florida.
Where's Saint Cloud? We're lots of Floridians on the board
:thumbup: I bet you're near some of us :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I am just east of Kissimmee on 192.
Just went to Melbourne to watch the "Super Peregie' moon rise over the ocean. It was pretty. The waves crashing on the beach was so big and the sound so neat. A lot of people there.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:40 PM

Hi Barefoot Quilter: My name is Carol....my daughter Juli sent you the goodies for the secret pal for March. I think her screen name is "juli" here. This is a first swap for her. It's only my second swap. Just looking at all the pics here and what people send we want to try and send more to others. It is fun, tho, to get to know others in the quilting world.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:45 PM

Unfortunately, this year's winter weather seems to have been much worse than I have seen in a long time, it started too soon and is hanging on forever... I can only hope spring is on the horizon and that we have a wonderful summer like last year. Thank goodness for the secret pal swap as they have given us something nice to look forward to each month :-)
Old 03-19-2011, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by barefoot quilter
i will try this again i was in the middle of posting and my stupid computer frozzzzz made me mad so here gose
i recived my package today and i am going to enjoy the two goodies that i got and all the fat Q's i can't wait to use them i love all the colors i wanted to thank my sp but i only know her name witch is Juli G. from Springfield, Or so i hope she is on line here so i want to thank you very much for what you sent me was very nice thank you
here is two pictures of what i got
and again thank you
Hi Barefoot Quilter...My name is Carol, I am Juli's Mom. This is her first secret pal swap and it is my second. Seeing all the pics her of the things people receive, my daughter and I want to send more to others on the next swap. I think the screen name for Juli here is "Juli". I saw your pic and I said to myself, I've seen these things before, and then I realized it was what Juli sent to you. Happy Quilting to you.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by 3NorwichTerr
Originally Posted by Quilter Carol
I just checked the status of my secret pal package and it has arrived at the destination post office, but it looks like to won't get deliverd to you til Monday. If you live in OH, this could be your package.
I'm in Ohio...could be me. Came home two days this week to find packages -- both things I ordered...fun, but not as much fun as a surprise!
Oh 3norwichTerr, keep looking...yes a package is in OH, but a clue earlier was this package was going to OH, far south from Lake Erie.I'm sorry, but I am not your secret pal for March. Hope you find your pacakge arriving soon to you.I enjoy this swap very much.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by gzuslivz
The sun is out and we have 40F....woohoo!!!! Maybe this is the first sign of Spring???? So, I moved my bench back outside and enjoying the sun. Patiently waiting.
Gaby, I read a post of yours earlier on this thread that said the post office is only accepting letters now, does that mean it's only delivering letters too? You didn't mention incoming mail.
No, mail is still coming in, packages and letters. Just outgoing is restricted to letters only. Guess my future son-in-law will have to wait for his birthday package a little longer.
Gaby, Since you can receive packages, I want to know if there is anything you need that we can send you. We continually pray for you and all the people of Japan. My heart is breaking for all the precious ones facing this devastation.
Thanks for the offer!!! But at the moment I can't think of anything. The base is getting all the supply from food to water etc.
Maybe you can find the off switch for the after shocks.....
thanks again.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:17 PM

Apologies ahead of time for being so long winded.

I nearly broke my ankle jumping off the bench late this afternoon when I saw a package in the mailman's hand as he came up my front walkway. As I scurried past my DH on the way to my woman cave, I heard him inquire, "Did you buy yet another item on the internet?" lol.

I let this package from Reginalovesfabric sit for a very long time to build even more anticipation and excitement. 30 seconds is a lifetime!!! Then, as I was taught, I daintily peeled back the flap (OK, so I ripped it open like a hungry animal) and out spilled all the wonderful goodies you see in my amateur photo attached. However, you can probably see the rip in the chocolate package. The first thing I did was to rip it open, but immediately, I thought of the razzing I would take for just a shell of a candy wrapper being in the picture, so I quickly found the digital camera and snapped, then ate the chocolate. It's a nice share size, so I promised myself I would share some with me on Monday. DH has his own hidden stash. What he doesn't know won't hurt him.

My fave colors are pink and purple and the ever so generous 7 FQ's will make a great tote. I have every size yo-you maker except extra large and I have coveted that size and keep passing it up. I am sure my SP has ESP and read my mind.

I love, love, love the Sneak Peek Preview of geometric shapes, especially since I like to fussy cut. And being able to visualize this before I buy fabric will be a big plus. It also helps with light/dark valuations since the templates are red translucent. And there is also a way to use them to cut the shapes adding 1/4 inch. What a handy, dandy item that I have never seen before.

Note the cute pincushion in a small painted pail. Most of all, take a look at the handmade elephant. Ellie is sewwwww cute!!!

And the tool is a VERY welcome addition. I can never find one when I need one. This one is going into my carrying case to accompany me to quilting club.

Regina, everything is perfect!!! Thank you from the bottom of my little quilting heart. I will answer the note you enclosed early next week.

All My Goodies
[ATTACH=CONFIG]172245[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-172240.jpe