Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm >

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

Old 03-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Swap Hosts

What delightful packages. I'm having so much fun looking at all the photos. Especially love the Spamtown postcard!

Starshine, no soup labels, thank you. Just clothing labels. Eons ago I had a professor for a course having to do with the sociology of women's economics on an international level. The first assignment we had was to go through out closets and look at the country of origin on the labels. It was quite an eye opener for me back then and I made a little quilt of labels for her as a gift. Anyway, years have passed and now I am looking at the labels in a new light. Two actually. Very little is made in the USA. And, sadly, the sizes I once had have increased exponentially. Working on a new concept or two. A long way to go before I have enough.

Oh. All packages were supposed to go to Brenda, not me. And, the shoes were not my idea. I don't even like shoes. Just puppies and monkeys. If the monkey rides in on a pony, I will send the pony back. No cats, thank you.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:46 PM

HEY EVERYONE..... GET busy and send those thank-yous and PMs in to Lori and your PAL so YOU don't get sent to the YOUR OUT room....APRIL SP sign up is now up and YOU don't want to miss out on the great fun! THANKS LORI for ALL your work!
Old 03-23-2012, 03:26 AM

Great packages coming in! Love the snowmen fabric since that's my style for Christmas. I can't belive we're aleady heading into April, geesh where has the time gone! I signed up for April so get your packages out so you can join us again for more fun! Have a great day everyone! Krystyna, you forgot the glitter too JUST JOKING EVERYONE!
Old 03-23-2012, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
Great packages coming in! Love the snowmen fabric since that's my style for Christmas. I can't belive we're aleady heading into April, geesh where has the time gone! I signed up for April so get your packages out so you can join us again for more fun! Have a great day everyone! Krystyna, you forgot the glitter too JUST JOKING EVERYONE!
I was going to mention the glitter for Krystyna. We still have 11 people who have not received their packages but I do have mail dates for all of them so March Swap should be over soon.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:49 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
I was going to mention the glitter for Krystyna. We still have 11 people who have not received their packages but I do have mail dates for all of them so March Swap should be over soon.
Ah, yes. How I do love sparkles. I love them so much that my new nickname is Sparkles. I love how they drift with the ocean breeze into my coffee, into my cooking, onto my quilts and especially how they find their way into your eyes and make them tear up like the gentle spring rains. The dogs also love them when they are on the floor and when they sit down, the sparkles stick to their nether regions making them ... well, sparkly!
Old 03-23-2012, 08:08 AM

wonderful wonderful packages coming in! you swappers are the best.

vicky w i just need 1.5" strips from those two fabrics of your. i really like those prints.

kyrstyna have you considered posting your clothing label request on the free request/donation board? hopefully you could add to your label collection in a big way by doing so.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:28 AM

I received a wonderful package from Happynana79!! I did not have a measuring gauge and badly needed a new seam ripper! The Janet Evanovich book looks really good... and the fabric is what I was looking for. I also love the CHOCOLATE, quilting mag, pattern and lotion!! Again, I LOVE the package... thank you! I will post a pic later this evening...
Old 03-23-2012, 12:34 PM

I posted on the wrong thread, but I received a wonderful package from Lorie Peercy. It have peepe, reeces peanut butter cups(yummy), white marking pens stickers for scrapping, beautiful purple fabrics, scrap booking stamps, measure tape and some storage boxes....thanks so much. I posted a picture in the wrong place. I will get better with this hopefully.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:16 PM

Hi Dabbler I am a patient at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN, and I visit them once or twice a year for Doctor appointments. I usually stay at the Kahlor Grand for about a week, I was there once and a Tornado hit in Austin, did you live there then? such a beautiful area, we have often thought about moving there to be close to the Mayo clinic and even checked into a house in Austin.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:58 PM

I received the most wonderful package from cherylW this weekend. She made me a wonderful triangle pincushion. The box was filled with red fabric, mostly fat 1/4s, a cookie cookbook, chocolate covered pretzels, scissors, a small take along bag, note pads, hand soap, a wallet, pins, ribbon and more.
Thank you Cherylw.