Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm >

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

Old 03-26-2012, 05:29 AM

very nice packages.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by wanda lou View Post
Hi Dabbler I am a patient at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN, and I visit them once or twice a year for Doctor appointments. I usually stay at the Kahlor Grand for about a week, I was there once and a Tornado hit in Austin, did you live there then? such a beautiful area, we have often thought about moving there to be close to the Mayo clinic and even checked into a house in Austin.
Good morning Wanda - trouble posting on QB over the weekend - I watched the storm from my livingroom window, it was a creepy weather day. Next time you come up to Rochester if your schedule permits we'll have to get together for lunch/dinner - it will be fun meeting a fellow QB member. Austin is a quiet rural community - we are becoming more diverse all the time; most people from town shop in Rochester or the Cities as Austin mainly has the big box stores for shopping. We have a JoAnn Fabric store and several beautiful quilt shops within 45 minute drive.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:18 PM

That would be great, I usually have some down time.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:51 AM

Hey everyone I'm back home from an extended a stay in the hospital. I've missed visiting with you all. For the past several months you have all been there helping get through all of lifes little road blocks. You all mean so much to me. I just wanted to thanks all of you.

Lori I'm so happy to hear that your surgery went so well.

Diana Lynne I'm so sorry that you will not be doing the swap for a while. You have been having such a bad run of luck lately. I hope things get better for you soon.

Faye I'm so glad that you liked your package. I also have a copy of the pincushion patterns and can't wait to try making the shoe pincushion.

Krystyna I hope to try the doll quilt swap some time in the near future. I just need to get things under control. As far as the lables go, I'll be happy to send you my laundry and you can remove the lables and send everything back all pressed and folded....lol

Nancy I've never seen bobbin minders like that either. They look like they would work well, but I'll stick with my hair ties as they are cheaper and in different colors.

Mary aka lawsonmugs I love the sewing room kitty fabric. Doris if you see this where did you find it. I want to try and get some. I have been collecting kitty fabric for a quilt for my DH. He loves kitties.

dabbler show us some of your wood crafting work. You know how we love pictures.

Stacey love all the Christmas fabric. Your first mug rug will always be special to you. I'll have to go online to try and find a Spam Town postcard for my collection.

starshine don't forget that Krystyna is supposed to get all the glitter too. She just loves to run around the house sprinkling it all over the place.

Vicki W love the fabric and the bunny is too cute.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:09 AM
Swap Hosts

Robyn!!!! You're back, girlfriend!!! I hope everything is under control now. What a treat to see your post.
(((HUGS)))
Old 03-28-2012, 06:18 AM

WELCOME BACK, ROBYN!!!!! You certainly have been through the wringer these past few months. Hope the worst is behind you now and that it's all uphill from here.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:48 AM

Here is a photo of the wonderful package I received from CraftyKK. Some great fabrics, wonderful handmade cards, patterns and the most beautiful jewelry (necklace and earrings with a quilt pattern on them, earrings made from a tape measure, brooch with sewing charms and wonderful board pins). Thank you so so much Kristin. I have a meeting tonight with my quilt group and I will be wearing my jewelry and they will be so jealous.
Attached Thumbnails craftykk.jpg  
Old 03-28-2012, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl View Post
Hey everyone I'm back home from an extended a stay in the hospital. I've missed visiting with you all. For the past several months you have all been there helping get through all of lifes little road blocks. You all mean so much to me. I just wanted to thanks all of you.
Robyn, I'm so glad to hear you're back home and sorry you had to be hospitalized in the first place. Hope they were able to do you some long term good
Old 03-28-2012, 08:59 AM

Robyn so happy you are out of the hospital. Hope you are feeling better.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by LindaC View Post
Here is a photo of the wonderful package I received from CraftyKK. Some great fabrics, wonderful handmade cards, patterns and the most beautiful jewelry (necklace and earrings with a quilt pattern on them, earrings made from a tape measure, brooch with sewing charms and wonderful board pins). Thank you so so much Kristin. I have a meeting tonight with my quilt group and I will be wearing my jewelry and they will be so jealous.
You're so welcome, I'm glad you like your goodies