Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May 2010 Doll Quilt Swap (The Anniversary Swap!) >

May 2010 Doll Quilt Swap (The Anniversary Swap!)

May 2010 Doll Quilt Swap (The Anniversary Swap!)

Old 04-28-2010, 11:58 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by oksewglad
Originally Posted by kwhite
Originally Posted by tooMuchFabric
Sooooooooo, ...We could actually start making our doll quilt now?? Or ought we to wait and do it within the specified month?
Is there a rule ?? :lol: :-P ;)
Lord girl. Don't limit yourself like this. If you have an idea go for it!!!!! I have made then a month ahead and on the day that I mail. All's fair in Doll quilt land!!!
Good because all I have to do is bind mine. LOL must be first timer's excitement! G
I did it too. For April, I had mine pretty much done the first week because I started it the month before. lol Then, I nearly forgot to mail it. Just got it in the mail earlier this week. Whew!! The swap is so much fun. I plan to sign up for every one, forever!!! lol Chele is wonderful. She does all the hard stuff and we all get a lovely little quilt. Have fun! andWelcome!
Old 04-29-2010, 02:08 AM

I finished Mays tonight.

I feel bad sometimes cause everyone I make is a guinea pig since I'm still know... I hope who ever my partner is likes it...
Old 04-29-2010, 02:28 AM

I have on started. And I'm fininshing up two for them for April this weekend. Wich starts tomorrow for me.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:41 AM

I designed and made the parts for mine last night. Might not get to it for a couple of days again. love the swaps.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:02 AM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
I finished Mays tonight.

I feel bad sometimes cause everyone I make is a guinea pig since I'm still know... I hope who ever my partner is likes it...
Thats ok, I am not as new at this as you but still really new and my partners are also guinea pigs. But the good thing is everyone is ok with that so just keep on a quiltin and have fun with it :lol: :thumbup:
Old 04-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Power Poster

I finished Mays tonight.

Alu--I've been a 4-Her for so long my blood runs green lol I now have grands that are in 4-H. Anyway 4-H motto is "Learning by doing" We all started somewhere and we learn more standing at the bottom looking up than from the top looking down. Don't be so hard on yourself. Saw your potholders--great job of sewing! G
Old 04-29-2010, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad
I finished Mays tonight.

Alu--I've been a 4-Her for so long my blood runs green lol I now have grands that are in 4-H. Anyway 4-H motto is "Learning by doing" We all started somewhere and we learn more standing at the bottom looking up than from the top looking down. Don't be so hard on yourself. Saw your potholders--great job of sewing! G
Thank you! I finally braved the whole actual quilting instead of just tying it off with buttons... I was happy with the results!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 04:29 AM
Power Poster

we are going on vacation monday and won't be back until the 12th, but i have my may doll quilt put together and about 1/2 hand quilted...so. won't be a problem...you just won't see me here while we are away...so,
never fear, still here in spirit :) and maybe i'll get it done during (quiet time on vacation) it took me making 3 in April before i had one my dh ok'd...sometimes he's quite the critic...but one of the 3 he rejected (ok for a placemat, not a doll quilt) i decided would be ok if i did a little more to it...so...of course, i may finish it and he may still veto it...sometimes it's hard to win around here ;)
Old 04-30-2010, 04:32 AM

HAve fun!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 04:48 AM

I said to myself "LG, you have no time to quilt this month. Don't join any swaps!"

And then I told myself to shut up, and trim some sleep somewhere! :lol:

I'm in for the May swap, please!