Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May 2010 Doll Quilt Swap (The Anniversary Swap!) >

May 2010 Doll Quilt Swap (The Anniversary Swap!)

May 2010 Doll Quilt Swap (The Anniversary Swap!)

Old 07-13-2010, 03:13 PM

I keep close track of who sends and who does not. We get a few flakes, but this swap has really grown and that's to be expected. I go as far as to PM these "flakes" and ask them to return the quilts to the makers. I don't tolerate "theft" and that's what it boils down to. It's not right to receive a quilt and never send one out.

On the other hand, if you are running late or have some problem sending a quilt, just communicate with me. I'm a mom, I'm understanding. I'll even help you work it out, no hard feelings.

As for the thanks, I never thought I'd have to have an etiquette lesson, but here goes. (Thank you, Mom!) If you receive something, you MUST thank the sender. Always. No if's, and's or buttheads! This goes for anything you receive. It's just good manners.

For this doll quilt swap you can thank you partner on this thread, you can send a PM, you can get formal and send a snail mail thank you. ANY of those would be appropriate. And appreciated. We all know the work that goes into creating a quilt. And that quilt is usually made just for you, so do the right thing and thank your partner. Otherwise I'll ground you and you'll be scrubbing baseboards in my home. That's how my mom punished me! Seriously, you know you want your quilt gushed over. So does your partner. We do a lot of well-deserved gushing here on the doll quilt swap.

Let's all be considerate, kind, and thankful. We are so lucky to share our creativity and friendship. I cherish every moment of that. Now behave or I'm getting the bucket of ammonia water out. My baseboards could use some sprucing up.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:21 PM

Chele, you should run for President!!! :-)
Old 07-13-2010, 03:47 PM

Yes, I have been lucky to get mine, in fact I set the pkg. at the computor & share my enjoyment to the gal who made it, the very next time I go on line......
Old 07-13-2010, 07:14 PM

It is such a thrill to get a little quilt that someone made just for me. It's like Christmas all over again!! I knit and crochet too. My husband's stepfather's wife makes knitted dish cloths and the towel toppers and gives them to my sisters-in-law. But does she give them to me too??? OF COURSE NOT, because I can make them myself. THAT is one of the reasons I LOVE the doll quilt swap. I could make all of the different patterns of doll quilts and in just the colors that I like, but that's NOT the same as having another quilter, a stranger no less (most of the time) make a special little quilt JUST FOR ME!!!! Long live the little doll quilt Swap!!!!! :) :) :) Thank you again Chele for starting them!!!! :) :) :)
Old 07-13-2010, 07:48 PM

I agree Chele, Thanks for starting this, I love it
Old 07-14-2010, 08:15 AM

Well said Chele! :-)
Old 07-14-2010, 08:27 AM

jljack,
hugs to you!
Sometimes I feel like it's just not worth the hassle anymore.
But, I love the people here, so not sure what to do yet.
For me, it was 3 swaps in a row of sending quilts, then having to bother Chele (alot) because my partners were not responding, etc.... 2 eventually came through.

June was very good. Ended up doing 4 swaps (1 was from May that was a no-show)

Sorry for rambling on...having one of those days.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:42 AM

Hugs (((()))) back to you, Jean!! It feels awful, doesn't it, when your partner doesn't do their part.

Anyway, we are all blessed to have Chele for the Mom here. She makes us feel better with her troupe of Angels who so generously give extra little quilts to soothe our wounded feelings!!!

Hey, Chele....Idea: One month let us all pick our own partners.....I take Miss Grace!!! :thumbup: :wink:
Old 07-14-2010, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
Hugs (((()))) back to you, Jean!! It feels awful, doesn't it, when your partner doesn't do their part.

Anyway, we are all blessed to have Chele for the Mom here. She makes us feel better with her troupe of Angels who so generously give extra little quilts to soothe our wounded feelings!!!

Hey, Chele....Idea: One month let us all pick our own partners.....I take Miss Grace!!! :thumbup: :wink:

I second that idea....I take jljack. :-D :-D
Old 07-19-2010, 07:11 PM
Power Poster

I am so glad that you like my quilt Linda :D:D:D It was so much fun swapping with you!
Thank you for being patient, waiting for the second one...
Maybe one day the first one will show up in your mailbox as a nice surprise :D:D:D