Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May 2012 doll quilt swap - theme: Quilty chaos - crazy quilt - deadline noon est 4/30 >

May 2012 doll quilt swap - theme: Quilty chaos - crazy quilt - deadline noon est 4/30

May 2012 doll quilt swap - theme: Quilty chaos - crazy quilt - deadline noon est 4/30

Old 05-17-2012, 01:27 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Krystyna, when I voted, you were up to 33.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:34 PM

Rhonda your quilt is beautiful!
Old 05-17-2012, 02:02 PM

Hi voted from my lap top from my sons lap top and my best friends computer,for no,5 good luck!!! Of yeah sent both doll quilts out to partners!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 03:27 PM

Lovely crazy quilts!! Really special work from you all! I am having "fearful fun" as I work on mine. What a stretch for me and I find that I don't have lots of embellishments on hand. I think I am out of my element this month, but that is probably good for me as I always admire crazy quilt work, and what's better than giving it a try? But, my poor partner.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
I posted this in another thread and Krystyna asked me to post here. I was inspired by Moonrise's quilt and made one to keep, but because I wasn't swapping it, wasn't sure if it was okay to post here. Anyway, it doesn't have embroider work but does have some lace and a few embellishments. Hope you like it!
Your quilt is so exquisite! I love, love, love it! Wow.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:13 PM

Thank you everyone for your compliments!
Old 05-17-2012, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
I think that you should get it and make it ......for MEEEEEE!!!!!!
Is that price for the whole set or just the one design
Old 05-17-2012, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
I posted this in another thread and Krystyna asked me to post here. I was inspired by Moonrise's quilt and made one to keep, but because I wasn't swapping it, wasn't sure if it was okay to post here. Anyway, it doesn't have embroider work but does have some lace and a few embellishments. Hope you like it!

very pretty. It's so pretty,oh so pretty
Old 05-17-2012, 05:25 PM

That's awesome, Ronda!
Old 05-17-2012, 06:30 PM

first of all, Back Off, Brenda21!! lol, i'm her partner this month!! you can be krystyna's partner another month! maybe if you beg with very sincere grovelling i will let you come look at it, for a reasonable fee, of course! i have decided i need better drugs!! i worked for hours last night on your dq, krystyna, and in the light of day it looks horrible!!!
i will salvage anything i can and start over. my idea was sincere, but you would totally wonder at my lack of standards. Just for the record i do have standards, they are pitifully low, but i do have them! i had every good intention of getting your dq done and out in plenty of time. grrrrr, so frustrated! you are making a strong argument for an embroidery machine. it will be on my someday list. i have a new sm and fabrics and patterns, and shelves and clear boxes, etc. and so far all i've done is make pieces and a few baby quilts. pretty expensive per piece at this rate!! i just never seem to get anything done. anyone have any motivational tips to pass on to me? i think the part i like best is the fabric shopping! then i get sort of bogged down and everything grinds to a halt. maybe i should just wrap myself in the beautiful fabrics and be done with it. ok, that was my whine with dinner. am i the only one? and i really like making dqs and swap blocks and other swaps. just don't actually get to the finished quilts . but do not despair, krystyna, your dq will be made and mailed by monday! with a smile and love!