Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - Signup Ends April 30 >

May Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - Signup Ends April 30

May Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - Signup Ends April 30

Old 05-13-2015, 06:05 PM

Wow! She is super gorgeous, is Miss Kitty!
Old 05-14-2015, 12:30 AM

Nice needle case for Jaba. I like the envelope. I will be going Ocala Fl Thursday to Monday, on a sewing retreat, will be finishing up the French Roses Pattern. Looking forward to getting my needle case and pin cushion .
Old 05-14-2015, 07:50 AM
Power Poster

Mary, thanks for the beautiful picture of Miss Kitty, she is so breathtakingly beautiful. Her whole presence suggests royality. is she heavy or is it all fluff. she sure is pretty. My son is doing better. he's unemployed, layoffs, so he's waiting for the dept of labor to send him to driving school for his CDLA license to drive trucks. he's frustarated b/c it's a long list, maybe 4 more months. He wants to get to work now. I don't want him taking his road test in the snow. but maybe that's a good thing. proves to himself he can do it. the class is 8 weeks for $6600.00, that's why we can't afford to pay for it, dept of labor will.
anytime you want to show pretty pics of your kitty, we won't mind!
Old 05-14-2015, 09:32 AM

Mary Miss Kitty is beautiful and sure doesn't look like an outside cat.

Lynnie My son just went through that while he was on unemployment and he had gone to several other classes for Oil Recovery and something else and then he did get his CDL license. I think the state or federal paid $20,000 for his classes. So he gets his license and then gets a job where he had to deliver oil to Walmart and other places and had to go on dirt back roads in Amish country and after 3 weeks he quit. It was really bad. So now he got a job with the post office delivering mail in Akron and some of the bad places that have pitbulls tied up with chains. He does like it but doesn't know when they will hire him permanent or not. He did have to take his CDL test in the snow and didn't pass the driving part the first time. Good luck to your son
Old 05-14-2015, 09:53 AM

Pat, what a dear, sweet, encourager you are. Times are so hard economically and employment-wise, for everyone. At least anyone I know!

My 60 year old husband has been an educator for 30 + years. A college professor for 20 + (he still teaches courses online) and a high school or middle school teacher for the last decade. The US educational system is so broken that he is totally demoralized. He cannot face another year in the classroom/dealing with admin and is looking for another line of work at the age of 60. My heart hurts so much for him.

Your openness with Lynnie, in sharing your son's story, warmed my heart. Thanks for being you.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:29 AM

Patches what a nice thing to say. It's just awful with all the unemployment or under employment. My son also has a night time job of pizza delivery which he does make good money for a part-time job. There are a lot that don't tip at all, but he does have to go in real crime areas. It's too bad he can't carry a gun with him. He had a really good job making car seats for the Ford Econoline until they decided not to make them anymore and while they were finishing up he was 2 away from staying until the end. The school system is so bad today. And all they want to do is take God out of the schools. I hope that your husband does get another job as it must be really hard to deal with that.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:46 AM

I came home today and found this wonder swap package in my mailbox from Pamela CTYankee. What a really nice pincushion and matching needlecase and a thread catcher. She even sent me a package of kitty treats for Kitty. Love the stiletto and the candy. Thanks again for the great swap
Attached Thumbnails may-swap-2015-001.jpg  
Old 05-14-2015, 11:23 AM
Power Poster

thanks for your words of encouragement. he doesn't want an OTR job, he wants to be home at nights. but there seems to be more jobs than applicants in the trucking job here on the island.I'm hoping he gets in soon, can't afford to help him out with school. He needs a job now, he doesn't want to sit and collect like some people do.

Beautiful needlecase, pincushion and needlecatcher and treats to boot!!! great package. Nice work! Love the stiletto to!
Old 05-14-2015, 12:51 PM
Power Poster

Pat that is a wonderful package from Ctyankee. Lots of pretty yo yo flowers.
Pat is a sweet encourager.
My brother has been driving a truck for many years now. He is gone a lot, and travels everywhere. He is a safe driver, and I guess by now been driving for about 38 years.
Finding a job these days is terrible, and as a former teacher oh my goodness. The system is definitely broke. I retired early due to health issues, but I can say that if I was still working I would be going a different direction. I won't compromise my values.

My special person's package is moving out on the road finally.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:56 PM
Power Poster

Pat, Pamela sent ya a terrific swap. Pretty colors too. I personally am a sucker for yo yo's. She even sent kitty treats. She always sends nice swaps. Lynnie, my son was a over the road trucker till about 4 yrs ago he got a job as a well digger he drives and works the equipment. Makes about $37 a hr . Works out of town and home most weekends now. Get lots of over time. time and a half and some double time. the boy makes great money. I hope your son works up to a good job also. Deb hope your husband finds work soon also. I would hate to be 60 and looking for a job. Last I looked was when I was 58 and got a job at the glue factory. What a crappy job for minium wage to,working 3rd shift. 11 pm - 7 a.m. Seems like things are just getting tougher. I have a lot of respect for teachers. They do a lot of good for not much pay. Especially when you think what atheletes singers etc make. Thanks everyone for the nice comments on Miss Kitty she is a great pet. She is a outside cat. I bring her in once in a great while for some extra attention then she wants back out.