Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 4pm CST >

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 4pm CST

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 4pm CST

Old 05-19-2014, 08:34 AM

I received a fabulous package today from Adelia Hartzog. That lady really knows the way to my heart -- butterflies, fabric, a Quilter's Companion, Fixxon pen, and baby Seam Fix. Oh, and chocolate -- glorious chocolate. Plus many more items. As soon as I find my camera, I'll take a pic and post it. I made the mistake of cleaning up the computer area and put the camera where I wouldn't lose it.... ah well, this too shall pass!
Old 05-19-2014, 09:29 AM

What a nice package I got today from Crafty Darlene! Thanks so much and how sweet you put it together while visiting your DD! The box was full of so many goodies: a butterfly mug, butterfly paper, butterfly notes, pens, a journal, adorable owl clips, emery board, tape measure, needle compact, seam ripper, Harbor Freight blades, pin cushion, Joann patterns, great white on white and yellow fabrics, a Dove Bar and a lovely note. See the picture below...thanks again Darlene..this is one appreciated box! Oh, she included a quilt magazine, too. I will be reading it after this is posted!
Attached Thumbnails dscn2216.jpg  
Old 05-19-2014, 12:34 PM

Such lovely packages coming in. I finally found my camera, so here are the photos of the one I received from Adelia Hartzog.

I really got tickled by the booklet, "Colorful Beginnings: A quilter's companion for choosing, using and collecting fabric." Ah yes, collecting -- right up my alley! Included in the package were pattern sheets, loads of butterfly fabric, a Kansas Troubles charm pack, Fixxon pen, mini Seam Fix, butterfly magnets, dish, Reisen chocolates, and a folded item that I think is a needle case. The second pic shows it opened up.
Thank you so very much, Adelia!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]476093[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]476094[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails sp-may-rec1.jpg   sp-may-rec2.jpg  
Old 05-19-2014, 03:15 PM

Quick note, I got my package today from Jane in Orange California! I got doggie treats made of Peanut butter, which they love! A nice note pad, some red vine licorice and a beautiful book mark that is 3D and has my name on it. I also got some wonderful tone on tone whites and a blue, green, purple, yellow w/cherries and a yellow ruler Fat Quarters. Some grey thread and a small box of wonder clips! Thank you Jane!!!
Old 05-19-2014, 04:10 PM

Tracking for my spal box said it was delivered Friday but I haven't heard anything yet. Also still waiting for mine.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:23 PM

So very glad you liked your pkg Sharon & you are very welcome!
Old 05-19-2014, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
Sorry I have been kind of sick and not on the computer and when I am I have so many problems trying to type in a message.It takes 5 mins or more and have to hit the keys 5 or 6 times to get them to work!

I don't know if this will work or not, but try typing your messages on notepad or word and then copy and past to PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:44 PM

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who post a message to me or sent me a PM. It meant a lot to me. I've been busy packing for the move to my daughter's home. I never realized how much stuff DH had. I also learned that he never met a piece of paper he didn't like and keep. His war room is almost packed. He collected military stuff, Kiss, M&M's, Hotwheels, and items from Si-fi tv shows, to name a few of his collections.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl View Post
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who post a message to me or sent me a PM. It meant a lot to me. I've been busy packing for the move to my daughter's home. I never realized how much stuff DH had. I also learned that he never met a piece of paper he didn't like and keep. His war room is almost packed. He collected military stuff, Kiss, M&M's, Hotwheels, and items from Si-fi tv shows, to name a few of his collections.
Hope the move goes smoothly - we're all thinking of you and wishing you well during this difficult time.

No words can bring true comfort at this challenging time, but I hope you may be able to take some comfort from your memories of your darling husband and the life you shared together.

I know I speak for many of us when I say you're never far from our thoughts and prayers and are sorry for the loss you are going through. I wish there was something we could do to ease your pain.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:31 AM

Belfreybat...I love those heart needle holders, I have one that is 12 years old that I still use...the wool inside keeps your needle just like new....Adelia get my name next,, I'm due for a new one LOL