Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11 >
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

• May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

Old 05-14-2011, 03:24 PM
    Power Poster

It's nice to know those old magazines would be acceptable. I have a file drawer jammed with them and another shelf jammed. There is a guy in our town who sells at flea markets and he knows I love the old quilt mags. He sells them to me for a dime a piece. So I have plenty to share! I never would have thought to include these. thanks for the idea!!
    Old 05-14-2011, 03:34 PM

Those magazines would make any one happy.
    Old 05-14-2011, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
    It's nice to know those old magazines would be acceptable. I have a file drawer jammed with them and another shelf jammed. There is a guy in our town who sells at flea markets and he knows I love the old quilt mags. He sells them to me for a dime a piece. So I have plenty to share! I never would have thought to include these. thanks for the idea!!
    I just bought 2 quilt books at the thrift store yesterday, one was $3 the other .50 I also got some embroidery floss 10 sleins for .99 pearl cotton 3 skeins for .79 embroidery hoops for .29, .39, .49. The books are copyright 1980 & 1988. 1980 book came with cardboard templates and instructions on how to make your own cardboard templates and cut multiple layers with scissors!!!!
    Old 05-14-2011, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Vicki W
    Today, I got a great deal on some old quilt magazines (1980s and 1990s) I got them for me, but would someone else like a couple slid into their SP package?
    I know that I would love them :wink:
    Old 05-14-2011, 04:29 PM

ooooh i live in a state with an m!!!! maybe it's me!!!

i am almost done shopping for my sp--one more thing to get and then it's off to the p.o. i go!!! yipppppeeee!!!!
    Old 05-14-2011, 04:30 PM

Hi SP swappers,

Got both packages out this afternoon. One is going to the midwest whose zip code totals up to "24" and the other one is heading to the East with a zip code that totals up to "19".

Hopefully, you should have your packages by Tuesday or Wednesday.
    Old 05-14-2011, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Vicki W
    Today, I got a great deal on some old quilt magazines (1980s and 1990s) I got them for me, but would someone else like a couple slid into their SP package?
    I too think it is a lot of fun browsing older magazines. I think any SP wold appreciate it.
    Old 05-14-2011, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by mimom
    I'm still waiting
    ME TOO! :(
    Old 05-14-2011, 04:59 PM

I sent my package off to the West Coast yesterday. If the US postal service carries through it should be there by Wednesday.
    Old 05-14-2011, 05:04 PM

I have put together a variety of packages. Sometimes it just clicks and I can share things that I know I'm not going to use, so the package seems more generous. Sometimes I have to shop for more items, so the package seems smaller. I have also received packages with lots of items, and packages with just a few.

But the best part of all the packages isn't the things, it's the thoughtfulness and the desire to make someone else happy. It's like getting a hug in the mail.

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
    Kitty is the box...so cute...Now that's a nice SP gift.

I have to repeat what one person said a few pages back, looks like the 10.00 limit has gone out the door. My first SP swap and I struck to it and it's not looking anything like these piles. OH WELL..Hope my SP likes her few things.

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
    I got the NICEST package today from SIK1010 today! I feel bad because I don't know if she is my April SP or my May SP. There wasn't a note just her screen name on the return address. So I am posting a thank you on here hoping it is my May SP. She went way above the call of duty on this one! She sent me a christmas panel and 4 coordinating fabrics in all of my favorite colors!, the cutest piece of material with quilt labels all over it,4 magazines, recipe cards,post it page markers,one of my favorite candies werthers and werthers chocolate carmels which I have never had But, Chocolate is my other favorite candy so I bet they are yummy!!! and a beautiful string angle!(I wonder if she made it herself?)Thank You so much SIK1010 I love everything. The panel will make an adorable wall hanging and I am going to love lookin through the magazines while enjoying the chocolates:)
    I hope I posted on the right month please let me know if I got it wrong. I had lots of help unpacking the box. My helpers had to check it out and see if there was anything for them!