Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11 >
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

• May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

Old 05-15-2011, 09:21 AM

Also leave positive {or negative-HOPEFULLY NOT} feedback for you sp. It helps them when they sign up for other things to do. Thank-you

How do you leave feedback?
    Old 05-15-2011, 09:25 AM

Secret Pal. Mine will go out on Wednesday sorry for the delay. I was waiting on something special to put in it, but when I called to get it, the were out of it :(
    Old 05-15-2011, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
    Well, I'm going to keep company with those on the bench. I know people are trying hard to get their SP packages ready and shipped and that is a good thing. I was so happy to see my SP got her package. It had to go all the way to the Netherlands so I was a little worried about how long it would take or if it got lost but it arrived safely. It's a good rule that you have to send a thank you to your SP when you receive your package.
    Well, looks like this month I'm will be joining all the bench sitters (LOL) and its ok, I know how life can be difficult sometimes and plus its just the 15th.....with that said, move over lady's and gent's........ haha!
    Old 05-15-2011, 09:38 AM
    Power Poster

Mine is ready and will be out in the mail tomarrow!! it is going to a state that begins with an M. Unfortunately I can't remember whether that is west of us or north of us! I do know it isn't going east or overseas!
    Old 05-15-2011, 09:45 AM

Wow ... everyone is getting some nice and exciting packages this month.

I have just arrived back home from a work conference for the last 5 days ... I am now just waiting for high noon for our postal outlet to open and I will be off to mail my package to my Secret Pal. It doesn't have to go far ... so they should have it sometime this week.

As packages dont have to be sent out till tomorrow I wont be joining you on the bench until a couple weeks later if I haven't received mine by then as I have way to much spring house cleaning to do!!! :!:
    Old 05-15-2011, 09:48 AM

Rhonda, I agree with you. If people are in these swaps to be praised for what you send then they are here for all the wrong reasons. Yes, common courtesy is to post a Thank You, but sometimes Life gets in the way of living. A parents health, a friends remission, changes at the job, changes in personal relaationships, a broken bone for a child, Chemo for a grandchild, and these are only a few things that happen in life that could prevent someone from posting a proper Thank You IMMEDIATELY. That doesnt mean they are not appreciative, it simply means you are not FIRST in their life on that particular day. When things happen to me, I have to deal with them myself as I live alone. That may mean I miss getting and opening my mail for a few days or I am not on the internet if I am away for work. If you can't give with an open heart and expect nothing in return, then in my humble opinion, you are not giving freely but attaching a string to what can no longer be called a gift. If you sent the package with a delivery confirmation you know when the gift was received, why keep posting rude comments fishing for a compliment. Maybe they didnt like what they received and were being polite and saying nothing like they were taught....."If you can't say something nice, don't say anything".

I also wish some people on here would quit worrying about what someone else received. I know I personally have sent more to a new quilter to help them establish a stash and to build up their arsenal of tools. If I have double of an item I would rather offer it to a new person than to have to find space to store it in my sewing room. (You know how things get lost until you buy a replacement then they turn up right in the middle of your sewing table.....duh) Getting started in quilting is very expensive today, so if I can help someone else enjoy this art and hopefully share it with others, that is what I am going to do.

I am not trying to tell others how to send a gift or receive one. I am speaking only for myself. But maybe this will give insight to others and help those people understand why that Thank You didnt happen immediately, or why that package seemed like more than 10.00. I hope all this negative commenting doesn't give the Administrators a reason to stop this swap. In December, we had that problem and nearly lost what so many of us really enjoy. Lets be positive and accept what we receive with a smile and move on.

Originally Posted by Rhonda
    Before I ever joined any swaps on here I had to sit down and decide if I could live with getting something that might not thrill me. I joined the swaps with the convictiont that it is for fun and not for perfection. What I get is not as important as the fact that I am connecting with another board member and that is thrilling to me!!

What size the pkg is or is not doesn't matter. If it was more important than the chance to get to know a new friend or enjoy an already friend then I shouldn't be in the swap.

My expectations are that I will do my best to send out something I hope my SP will like and what I receive is just fine regardless. I enjoy the conversation and the fun!!
    Old 05-15-2011, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
    Before I ever joined any swaps on here I had to sit down and decide if I could live with getting something that might not thrill me. I joined the swaps with the convictiont that it is for fun and not for perfection. What I get is not as important as the fact that I am connecting with another board member and that is thrilling to me!!

What size the pkg is or is not doesn't matter. If it was more important than the chance to get to know a new friend or enjoy an already friend then I shouldn't be in the swap.

My expectations are that I will do my best to send out something I hope my SP will like and what I receive is just fine regardless. I enjoy the conversation and the fun!!
    I agree with you 100% It is about the friends you make here.
    Old 05-15-2011, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
    Also leave positive {or negative-HOPEFULLY NOT} feedback for you sp. It helps them when they sign up for other things to do. Thank-you

How do you leave feedback?
    Click on their name and when the information pops up, there will be a link to leave feedback. :)
    Old 05-15-2011, 10:18 AM

pattis wrote:
    In December, we had that problem and nearly lost what so many of us really enjoy. Lets be positive and accept what we receive with a smile and move on.

Ugh, I'd be so sad. No, I hope nothing like that happens. I love this swapping stuff! My first box out wasn't that great to me. But, on my second one, I made some things too. And seeing all the lovely boxes that are received, there are many grateful people. It's like early Christmas prezzies. So yes, stay upbeat and love the swapping fun!
    Old 05-15-2011, 10:36 AM

While I can understand life in general getting in the way of an immediate thank you, I'm pretty sure all of us can find a second or two to send a thank you pm to their SP. If you didn't like your package, that's no excuse to not acknowledge that it came, is there? I know our mail lady does some bizarre stuff with our mail and so I'm not 100% sure a delivery confirmation means the package was given to my SP, just that it was delivered somewhere.

I would never dis a package, but I will always acknowledge it got here and thank my SP. I like including a little note about me, who I am, what we do, etc to increase the friendship part.

And no, I would hate to see the swap go away. Even tho this is only my 3rd month at it, I have enjoyed putting together my packages a lot. I have a lot of fun, trying to stay under $10 while pulling things from my stash, from discount stores and places like Harbor Freight, Tuesday Morning and quilt shops with coupons.