Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11 >
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

• May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

Old 05-16-2011, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by greenini
    Aw, shucks, LynnieK, I enjoyed lunch and shop-hopping with you too. Are you having any luck finding stuff in Tn? Are you close to Pigeon Forge, there is some fun stuff up there including a few quilt shops.

I'm saving the flannel we found till next winter, the thought of sewing with it right now makes my skin crawl it's been so hot...
    Oh...lemonade Candi, please, do you still have it with strawberries his month...
    We went to Pigeon Forge and Saturday and a few quilt stores there had a great time. Still looking for the thrift stores here I will let you know what I find
    Old 05-16-2011, 08:25 AM

Terryl,
    It's me, it's me it's me my zip has 2 0's and I just *know* that no one else had 2 0's in their zip, plus I said I'd be sipping (guzzling) lemonade. Today it's more hot chocolate weather :wink:
    Old 05-16-2011, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
    Good Morning everyone. Hope you have a wonderful day planned. I just noticed that some people who sent international have been saying it takes 10-14 days. I sent to the Netherlands this month and it arrived in 5 days boy was I surprised. When I tried to track it they wouldn't go any farther then saying it was accepted at my post office. I was so glad to hear from my SP that she had received it. Has anyone else had trouble tracking international mail?
    Jeanne I was sending a package to Canada not long ago (NOT for this swap). My postmaster told me to not bother to spend the extra $ to add the tracking or delivery confirmation. He said once it leaves the US there is no way to track it. The other countries don't do any tracking for US mail. SO it's a waste of $ to put it on the international packages. crafty_linda_b
    Old 05-16-2011, 09:14 AM

Heads up to my secret swap partner :) Package left today for California!!!!
    Old 05-16-2011, 09:43 AM

according to the post office..my package should be in my secret pals hands today :-D ..This is so exciting :thumbup:
    Old 05-16-2011, 09:43 AM

Good Morning everyone. Hope you have a wonderful day planned. I just noticed that some people who sent international have been saying it takes 10-14 days. I sent to the Netherlands this month and it arrived in 5 days boy was I surprised. When I tried to track it they wouldn't go any farther then saying it was accepted at my post office. I was so glad to hear from my SP that she had received it. Has anyone else had trouble tracking international mail?
    My experience exactly when I mailed to Australia a couple of months ago.
    Old 05-16-2011, 10:11 AM

I know that today is the deadline, but I won't get to the post office until tomorrow:-(. SP, please forgive me. I hope you will find the package worth the wait.
    Old 05-16-2011, 11:00 AM

Wow! I got a most awesome and thoughtful package from my partner Oma66 today. She spoiled me rotten sending me wonderful fabrics, books and a tool case. The lilacs are among my favorite flowers, and the elephants are among my favorite animals, so she really did well choosing the fabrics she did. The two books look great, I can't wait to browse them some more this evening. And not only did she send chocolate to this chocolate lover, but she also sent me tea, my favorite beverage. You really did spoil, thank you so much for a wonderful package.

My package from Oma66, she was yoo good to me:)
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]197906[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-197900.jpe  
    Old 05-16-2011, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    Wanted to let you know that I will be gone camping and fishing next week. I will be gone Mon the 16th and back Saturday the 20th. So if you send a pm to me please don't think that I am ignoring you or sick or anything. Please play nice while I am gone. I will here tomorrow until later in the afternoon. I will answer any questions on Saturday and update the information regarding the sending and receiving of packages. I will catch a big one for you all
    Have fun, Lori. Will wait for pictures of the big one :mrgreen:
    Old 05-16-2011, 11:03 AM

Jeanne,
    In my experience, I think it depends which country you are sending to. I have sent packages to Australia and Canada on the same day before, and the one to Australia beat the one going to Canada by good three or four days. And yes, sometime tracking international mail doesn't work too well. Glad your package arrived safely and quickly.