Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes April 30th 4pm CDT >

May Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes April 30th 4pm CDT

May Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes April 30th 4pm CDT

Old 05-18-2013, 10:17 AM

Still waiting for my package. Hope the mail person brings it today. The packages that have been received look wonderful, I have seen many things that I would love to have. What great items!
Old 05-18-2013, 10:54 AM

Maybe I will get mine on Monday!
Old 05-18-2013, 11:57 AM

I will call her down at the Baptist Home and ask for permission to share the lemon!
Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S View Post
Yum! Toll House Pie. We have 2 large patches of dark red rhubarb. I have to give it away, way more than we can use. DD and DH would love the lemon. If you would like to share the recipe that would be great.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:14 PM

Hey partners - both packages out for delivery today!
Old 05-18-2013, 02:23 PM

Nothing here yet...
Old 05-18-2013, 03:48 PM
Swap Hosts

Quiltingdragon, what a treasure to have those recipes! If I were you I'd take a photo of each of the ladies to go along with them. What a great cookbook that would make!

Quiltnut4ever, hope you have fun at the LQS today!

I did, indeed find some treasures. We went to the wrong address first, but I was happy because I found a brand new bundt cake pan and a brand new cheese grater - the kind where you put a chunk in and turn a handle. Lost both in the flood so I'm happy. Then we went to the right address -- and found lots of treasures: a dozen boxes each holding 100 8" zippers (do I need them? No I do not - onto Etsy they go for the house fund), tons of buttons, thread, seam binding and rick rack, seam binding, bolts of fabric and mesh interfacing, two huge pieces of wool - one of which has a selvage with a woven description, yards of tasseled trim - do I need or want any of this? No. I do not. Oh, and hubby found a pile of 60s LPs. They followed us home. They must go.

And bench girls ... scoot over. I'll keep you company. Still nothing here, but that's OK.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:39 PM

A few of you PM'med me and asked about my dad after I posted. He's doing better, they think the reason he was so sick was the tumor starting to break apart. My other beloved neighbor (the one on the left) who was my only grandparent figure, passed away unexpectedly and he was allowed out to go to the funeral as long as we sat away from everyone else. He's bored out of his mind being stuck at home, and he can do things as long as he's only with one or two other people and not around a crowd - I let him chauffeur my boss to the airport on Thursday to get him out of the house. I had to pull one of the chickens out of the fence where she'd gotten stuck, and got a lovely case of poison Ivy for my trouble. He's got chemo tomorrow, and they think they will be doing less than half of the chemo they thought and do some radiation instead.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingdragon View Post
I will call her down at the Baptist Home and ask for permission to share the lemon!
That would be great
Old 05-18-2013, 05:03 PM
Swap Hosts

Quiltingdragon! Sweetie you are not having a good day. Sending quilty hugs to you.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:33 PM

Received a great pkg from Nancyw today! She sent 2 applique books, I really want to learn to applique so I've sure these will really help. Two other books, one by an author that I really like, and one called Quilted with Love that I'm sure will be great! Two yrds of beautiful purple fabric, my favorite, and big box of Lemonade and a bag of Heath bars, which my Grandkids were really eyeing today! Thank you again Nancy I loved everything!

Lori tried to send you a pm and your box is full!
Attached Thumbnails may-sp.jpg