Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: May's secret pin cushion and needlecase swap

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries

Cuppy

Glad you like them, tried to fulfill your shell collecting. Since you can't post a pic, Hope you don't mind if I do for you.Name:  DSCF1328.JPG
Views: 116
Size:  1.22 MBThought every oyster shell deserved a pearl inside.

Blog Entries
    I am trying to get my partners pincushion made and in the mail on time.

We are still struggling with the loss of mom, and all the stuff related to PAYING
    for the cremation to which they have not done yet because we have not gotten
    all the required money to them yet.

I PROMISE to work as hard as I can to get the pincushion out on time.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

I am so excited - my partner's pincushion left in today's mail. I am usually a right-on-the-deadline kind of girl, but this time I am EARLY! Woo-hoo. This is a fun swap. I love both pincushions & needle cases - very fun to collect them.

Blog Entries
    I am with you on that one TiltedEars, mailed eary so will be there on the mailing deadline. Oh what fun. I hope my partner will be up to opening her mail or someone will get it to her. Hmmmm, maybe should of had an updated address. LOL
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

I usually mail early this is kind of late for me. Will mail today I hope my partners like them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mary quilting View Post
    I usually mail early this is kind of late for me. Will mail today I hope my partners like them.
    These are great!! Hope I can get this good making pincushions..My first ever was for this swap!!

I got released from the hospital today, so I can get my shipping done tomorrow..was so afraid I woulldn't get out and be late shipping! Of course I hand quilted for days while there..felt like I was giving mini lessons to so many people...I of course recoimmended this board to all!!

Can someone advise me on international shipping? I tried to mail a PC today and was told the shipping would have to be express mail in order to get a tracking number (ie. $52.00). Is that normal? If so - this may be my first and only international swap partner.

Blog Entries
    Old_Rosebud, you can ship priority mail and get your tracking number. That is what a friend of mine does. I do mine online at the USPS website. You can fill out the paperwork online and everything. then just drop at the PO. When you go into the post office, it costs you more because we need to pay the person working. You can just print out the label on regular paper and attach it with tape to the box. Works even if you are using the envelopes. You can order those online thru their website as well. I hope that helps. Seems rather silly to have to pay that much. I shipped a whole quilt express mail for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Rosebud View Post
    Can someone advise me on international shipping? I tried to mail a PC today and was told the shipping would have to be express mail in order to get a tracking number (ie. $52.00). Is that normal? If so - this may be my first and only international swap partner.
    I usually ship priority, just so it might get there quicker. Once it leaves the hands of the USPS they can't track it anymore anyway. In the SP swaps international partners don't have to get a tracking number since your customs declaration gives proof of shipping.
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

Blog Entries
    i'm in so many swaps, I don't know who owes me or who doesn't. is that how you can tell your in too many????

Blog Entries
    Another secret I know is that do not claim over $20 on the contents. It can be held up in customs and they have to pay more to get it out.

Yes, Lynnie, that could be the case. But who would ever short you? You are a wonderful swapper.

Mine got shipped out today!! each of the 4 packages to different states!!These were my first pincushions and until this swap I didn't even know what a needle case was!! Hope the recipients like them!!

Blog Entries
    Pat I look forward to seeing what you made.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Pat - I had to 'Google' needle cases last month because I had never heard of them either!
    I will be postal tomorrow. I HATE shipping on the deadline, but baseball for my DS has eaten up all my free time for the past three weeks. I have my pin cushions finished - I just can't get myself to the PO! Grr.
    Sorry to my SP's for making them wait! I will try shipping international without a tracking number. If I can get it under $20 that will make me happy.

Blog Entries
    I just can't wait any longer for pic. please, please please, post me some pics, please.
    I just love inspiration. everyone here is so inspired to make different pc and cases. I just love admiring everyones work. it's all so great to look at. thanks everyone for posting.

I have a pic of my pincushion on my camera. I'll post it later tonight. I am pleased with how it turned out - I used a friendship flower pincushion pattern I was given in a different swap around Christmas time. I can't wait to make one like this for me.

Here is my friendship flower pincushion. You make 3 pillows then tie them all together.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Love it!!

How is everyone coming along? Tomorrow is the shipping date. I am late and going to need the week end to catch up. Let me know if you too need the week end.

Also, I need 2 needlecase and 2 pincushion angels for the April swap. PLEASE let me know if you can help out.

Very pretty. I always have to make one for me. So I make a new pattern for each swap.
    Quote Originally Posted by TiltedEars View Post
    Here is my friendship flower pincushion. You make 3 pillows then tie them all together.

Name:  PINCUSHION SWAP.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  886.7 KB

I received a wonderful Dresden plate pincushion today from Quilter Momma.SHe also sent me the nicest bar of handmade soap and a spool of silk thread. I can't wait to try a new thread!! I love it all, and the pincushion is already in use!! Thank you SO MUCH!

Beautiful dresden pin cushion & love the extra goodies, too!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_Rosebud View Post
    Pat - I had to 'Google' needle cases last month because I had never heard of them either!
    I will be postal tomorrow. I HATE shipping on the deadline, but baseball for my DS has eaten up all my free time for the past three weeks. I have my pin cushions finished - I just can't get myself to the PO! Grr.
    Sorry to my SP's for making them wait! I will try shipping international without a tracking number. If I can get it under $20 that will make me happy.
    Old-Rosebud I posted my mug rug to USA last week from Australia. For international it goes on weight so I added a few goodies which would of gone for the same price of a mug rug by itself.
    I posted it cheaply and the plain envelope came back to me empty mind you... When I posted again with my "practice" mug rug :-(( and new goodies I made sure everything was in bubble rapped envelope for safety. Postage was under $14 without tracking. ($6 more for tracking).
    An expensive first swap for me.
    Last edited by mrsmck; 05-16-2013 at 10:29 PM.
    My soul is fed with needle and thread, my body with chocolate!

Blog Entries
    Here is a sneak peek at the top of my pincushion that I am
    making.

I know today is the mail by date, but with all that has been going on
    with my life I am going to be mailing either on Saturday or Monday at
    the latest.

Secret partner I HOPE you will like the pincushion I am making for you.

Name:  DSCN2512.JPG
Views: 111
Size:  182.9 KB
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Blog Entries
    mmmm yummy fabric

QL - perfect fabric for a pin cushion! Glad to see you here - been thinking about you.
    Thanks for all the advice on international shipping. Went back to the PO today, got a different employee, and low and behold it only cost me $12! Much better!
    Mrsmck - Oh no! Did someone develop sticky fingers during transit? If my box comes back empty I will be VERY disappointed...
    I am loving that octopus/flower pin cushion! Everybody has done a great job and the creativity is very inspiring.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast