Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Mini Quilt Swap- sign ups close June 20th >

Mini Quilt Swap- sign ups close June 20th

Mini Quilt Swap- sign ups close June 20th

Old 07-15-2014, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
if you tug at the hanging the red in the frame will straighten out or press it with starch and it will not pull out like it is! yikes! glad you liked the fabric also and the magazine is all NO cook/bake! thought how wonderful in hot weather... you can feel free to make all those lovely things and send them my way! Kiss kiss (lol).
Who has time to press things??.. I've got quilting to do, I can't be bothered with ironing!! Haha.
I was too excited to stop and press it, I just wanted to get it in my holder and see how the holder looked holding something other than air. Then I quickly snapped the pic so I could upload and post it to share here.
You have just proven my saying that "most of us are our own worst critics..". Probably no one else noticed that it needs pressing. And I will attest that it hangs perfectly straight now...so never fear, Brat's sewing is straight, it's her swap partner that's a bit "off".
I was hoping your pkg would've become in yesterday. Hope it's in today...

Darling lil quilt, love the dresdens...and I also can't wait to see the "full" pics of the sneak peeks pictured!!
K

Last edited by kiffie2413; 07-15-2014 at 12:42 AM.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:34 AM

Dragonfly Nana you always do work that is the "bomb" I am sure your partner will swoon when she sees it. (if you ever do another round robin gladly join that for sure).

I received this killer package from Kiffie yesterday. The most adorable kitty on the beach wall hanging. She also quilted it beautifuly with outlines from the sun to clouds all outlined and around the kitty. Its hanging by the front door and I promise to put a picture on later today when I come home from clinic. She then sent with it some of the mst wonderful fabrics from Halloween to Christmas, to vintage 30's prints. She knows I am the fat quarter queen lol and get nervous when I down to 100 or so. I am now stocked to the top of the shelf and I send big kisses to you as a thank you. This group is the most amazing group of quilters. wowsa! have to load the photos to facebook then copy them or I cant put the on here sigh..
Old 07-15-2014, 02:25 PM
Power Poster

Mom-6 that is such a pretty wall hanging. Pretty colors, and all the little details.

Dragonfly that is a nice sneak peak. Pretty colors.

I am sewing the binding on my tiny mini now, but I might as well admit I have never done a regular binding. I have only done the kind where it's from the back folded over to the front. Buslady forgive me for how it will look. Seriously! lol... I am here to learn, so I guess that is what I am doing. It was going pretty good up until this point. I hope it lays flat when I am done with it.

I am still having fun with it though.
I should be able to send it off this week to my brave partner. Also, it is a true mini.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:55 PM

Sometimes I do what I call a "Piping" binding. You sew two different color strips together, press wrong sides together with the piping color extending over the seam, The you sew with the raw edges to the back side (piping color facing up) and wrap the around to the front. The other color will show as the main binding. Then stitch in the ditch where the piping color meets the main color.
It comes out quite neat and no hand work (always a plus for me).
Old 07-15-2014, 04:55 PM

I received my little beauty in the mail today from jannxin. She did some beautiful fancy stitches on this "piece of art" Thank you so much I love it![ATTACH=CONFIG]483483[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]483484[/ATTACH]Jannxin hasn't posted what I sent her so will show all of you now what I sent to her.[ATTACH=CONFIG]483485[/ATTACH]I think this is the one I sent, let me know if I'm wrong please.
Attached Thumbnails dscf2244.jpg   dscf2245.jpg   dscf2201.jpg  
Old 07-15-2014, 04:57 PM

Both are lovely!
Old 07-15-2014, 07:07 PM
Power Poster

Thank you Dragonfly Nana for that information.

Jaba your quilt is so pretty. Lots of interesting shapes, and nice colors. The one you sent is so pretty too. It reminds me of summer with the flowers, and the yellow in the middle like the sun. Also, pretty stitching on both of them.

Last edited by JuneBillie; 07-15-2014 at 07:09 PM. Reason: want to add something
Old 07-15-2014, 11:55 PM

All mini quilts very nice .
Old 07-16-2014, 06:50 AM

Love, Love, Love this! DRAGONNANA sent me the cutest mini. The workmanship is wonderful and I already have it hanging in my sewing studio...thanks so much
[ATTACH=CONFIG]483530[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dragon-nana.jpg  
Old 07-16-2014, 07:03 AM

These are such amazing works of art! love each and every one for the work of arts they have completed

Kiffie if you could be so kind as to post a picture I cant seem to get one up and running this morning grrrrrr!
rrrrrr!!!!