Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II >

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

Old 11-15-2012, 11:45 AM
  #10981  
Super Member
 
rfbrazell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Arlington Washington
Posts: 2,018
Default

Nancy,
I'll make a block for you too. let me know what you are making and I'll get it to you right away.
R
Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
MadeinMaine -- your mailbox is full and not accepting any more messages

Lamona1955 -- I sent you a pm on 11/7 since we are partnered this month. No reply from you. Don't want to play any more????
rfbrazell is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 05:43 PM
  #10982  
Super Member
 
Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Lake Charles, LA
Posts: 1,330
Default

Thanks all for your words of comfort. All the dogs (and cats, ferret, hedgehog, gerbils, hamster, tortoise, birds) that I've sheltered over the last 40 years came to me as rescues or hand-me-downs. Nothing worse than someone getting a pet, then getting tired of caring for it once the novelty is gone or it needs a good haircut. My two daughters were the worse for "My mom will take it" when their friends got bored with their new pets. I am fortunate to have a vet for a good friend so I can get them care when necessary and rarely have to wait since I know where she lives. A few of my adoptees have special needs (like the pit mix who sounds like she wants to eat other dogs and small children and the UPS man) or the 35 lb vegetarian tortoise who only eats Romaine lettuce (pricey out of season) and can't be exposed to temps lower than 65 or higher than 90. ( Lived in a kiddy pool in my closet for many years -- now has a pen in the garage shop.) But nothing beats the companionship of a dog or cat. I never know exactly where my dogs have come from or what kind of care they did or didn't have before I get them (or more likely they show up) ...I don't even have a CLUE AS to what breed some of them are. Who can guess as to what they've been exposed to or what's been bred into them. But those little ones that cuddle up and follow you from room to room -- those are the ones that leave big prints on your heart. Unconditional acceptance on their part. If I can smile even once a day at their antics, I feel they have so earned their keep. Each one is unique in its personality and needs. I don't think I would survive long without their companionship.

Thanks for your offer, Robert, but I did accept a couple offers already, and I'm sure your plate is more than full with the holidays coming up. I'm still working on the maple leaf block, but am in no hurry to finish the quilt. You do so much for so many. I appreciate your thinking of me. Will take a raincheck on your offer for when things slow down after the holidays.
Nancy in Louisiana is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 08:36 PM
  #10983  
Senior Member
 
pbadder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chula Vista, California
Posts: 343
Default

Has anyone heard from MadeinMaine. I haven't seen her on here for over a week. I hope everything is okay with her, as I kow quite a few have tried to send her pm and her box is full. I know that one of my pm's did go through about joining this Monthy Quilting Bee Block Swap. Haven't heard anything Mine went through about the 7th of November. Was hopin to hear from her before the month is over to join. I am really looking forward to being a part of this group.
pbadder is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 08:47 PM
  #10984  
Super Member
 
Oksewnsew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 1,859
Default

She was my partner for October, she acknowledged receiving my block. She said she was working on mine, but that's been 3 wks ago, haven't heard from her since.. Am hoping all is ok with her.
Oksewnsew is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 11:32 PM
  #10985  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 47
Default

I would like to join this, have never done one before. Can anyone tell me who to contact to add my name if its not to late? Thanks Teresa
averysnan is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 05:48 AM
  #10986  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Davenport, IA (winter) Backus, MN (summer}
Posts: 31
Default

Originally Posted by averysnan View Post
I would like to join this, have never done one before. Can anyone tell me who to contact to add my name if its not to late? Thanks Teresa
I too would like to join this group. I am also having trouble finding out how to sign up.

Thanks
Susan Sanders is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 11:46 AM
  #10987  
Super Member
 
rfbrazell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Arlington Washington
Posts: 2,018
Default

Sorry Nancy, it's too late. I already made one. Will get it off to you in the mail next week. Here are some pics of it.It's the fall pumpkin with the fall leave background.

Anna, yours are almost done and will post the nativity tomorrow or Sunday. 210226,00 stitches. YIKES
Also, Nelco yours are done and here they are too.
All the best
R

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
Thanks all for your words of comfort. All the dogs (and cats, ferret, hedgehog, gerbils, hamster, tortoise, birds) that I've sheltered over the last 40 years came to me as rescues or hand-me-downs. Nothing worse than someone getting a pet, then getting tired of caring for it once the novelty is gone or it needs a good haircut. My two daughters were the worse for "My mom will take it" when their friends got bored with their new pets. I am fortunate to have a vet for a good friend so I can get them care when necessary and rarely have to wait since I know where she lives. A few of my adoptees have special needs (like the pit mix who sounds like she wants to eat other dogs and small children and the UPS man) or the 35 lb vegetarian tortoise who only eats Romaine lettuce (pricey out of season) and can't be exposed to temps lower than 65 or higher than 90. ( Lived in a kiddy pool in my closet for many years -- now has a pen in the garage shop.) But nothing beats the companionship of a dog or cat. I never know exactly where my dogs have come from or what kind of care they did or didn't have before I get them (or more likely they show up) ...I don't even have a CLUE AS to what breed some of them are. Who can guess as to what they've been exposed to or what's been bred into them. But those little ones that cuddle up and follow you from room to room -- those are the ones that leave big prints on your heart. Unconditional acceptance on their part. If I can smile even once a day at their antics, I feel they have so earned their keep. Each one is unique in its personality and needs. I don't think I would survive long without their companionship.

Thanks for your offer, Robert, but I did accept a couple offers already, and I'm sure your plate is more than full with the holidays coming up. I'm still working on the maple leaf block, but am in no hurry to finish the quilt. You do so much for so many. I appreciate your thinking of me. Will take a raincheck on your offer for when things slow down after the holidays.
Attached Thumbnails sdc10095.jpg   sdc10094.jpg   sdc10089.jpg   sdc10093.jpg  
rfbrazell is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 12:38 PM
  #10988  
Power Poster
 
Annaquilts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 11,917
Default

Thank you Robert. I am sure it will take my breath away.
Annaquilts is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 03:34 PM
  #10989  
Super Member
 
Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Lake Charles, LA
Posts: 1,330
Default

Wow, Robert -- That block is beautiful, and I already know what I'm going to do with it. So, I owe you one. You make me feel guilty that my embroidery machine and I seem to have "a failure to communicate". I wish you lived closer so I could watch what you're doing.
Nancy in Louisiana is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 03:50 AM
  #10990  
Super Member
 
rfbrazell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Arlington Washington
Posts: 2,018
Default

Nancy,
You don't owe me nothing. I enjoy making blocks and making people happy. Just you enjoying the block is my joy.
PM me with your address.
All the best
R
Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
Wow, Robert -- That block is beautiful, and I already know what I'm going to do with it. So, I owe you one. You make me feel guilty that my embroidery machine and I seem to have "a failure to communicate". I wish you lived closer so I could watch what you're doing.
rfbrazell is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Oksewnsew
Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
0
12-01-2016 07:50 AM
Oksewnsew
Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
38
06-11-2016 09:38 AM
Oksewnsew
Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
70
05-27-2016 09:15 AM
Oksewnsew
Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2446
05-10-2016 12:43 PM
quiltingeileen
Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2
07-27-2014 03:47 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FREE Quilting Newsletter