Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 153 of 477 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 152 153 154 163 203 253 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 11912

Thread: MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

  1. #3801

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    428
    :( Sorry to hear your bad news. Thank you for sending my blocks they are wonderful and will be great for the beach. Will get a pic on later if not tonight on the weekend since we are leaving about 4am to go to VA and Lancaster. Can't wait for Lancaster for the fabric shops. Hope I can find some really good ones down there.
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
    Well, my $100 Kenmore just stopped dead. Could this have to do with all the blocks I have been making!!

  2. #3802

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    428
    What a wonderful surprise in my mailbox today! Four amazing blocks from some swaps I have done. Aren't these blocks amazing? Remind you there are four so make sure you wait and look at all four.

    Thank you Dotty!!!!!! I just LOVE batiks.
    Name:  Attachment-180206.jpe
Views: 18
Size:  56.1 KB

    #2 from Dotty! Wow I feel so special. I really owe you.
    Name:  Attachment-180207.jpe
Views: 18
Size:  52.3 KB

    #3 My March partner did awesome also. Thank you Gal288! Lots of time on this block.
    Name:  Attachment-180208.jpe
Views: 53
Size:  54.6 KB

    #4 Another from Gal288 for a trade on fabric but needed to share it on here.
    Name:  Attachment-180212.jpe
Views: 17
Size:  56.3 KB

  3. #3803
    Super Member letsquilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tn
    Posts
    2,031
    i dont see any blocks,well there is one.

  4. #3804
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Corbin,Ky.
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
    I use a small manila envelope & pay $1.05. The legal envelopes may not go through the postage machine. I lost a block once and received only an empty envelope!
    Yes, and it was a fun barn from me. I'll never forgive the P.O.

  5. #3805
    Super Member Crafty3790's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Warren Maine
    Posts
    2,669
    Blog Entries
    23
    So sorry about your machine Dot hope you can get sewing again soon.

    What gorgeous blocks love them all.

  6. #3806
    Super Member letsquilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tn
    Posts
    2,031
    those blocks ae gogeous, I love them all!!

  7. #3807
    Member Mainewoods Mammie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Moosehead Lake - Greenville, Maine
    Posts
    74
    Blog Entries
    2
    Here is my Feb. block from Lille. Thank you so much, it is perfect for my theme Pansies/butterflies. Doesn't it look like SPRING?Very nice. Maine woods Mammie
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #3808
    Super Member karielt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,070
    Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy
    Glad you liked it, Linda. A friend gave me a package of Thangles and this is a pattern that came with the strips of paper Thangles. I know, I could make them without the paper but this makes it so easy :-P

    Have a great day!

    Quote Originally Posted by ljdugas31
    Paintmejudy i got your beautiful block today.I LOVE IT!!!!!!! Please post. Thanks again,cant wait till may :-D :-D
    I love that block pattern what is the name of it?

  9. #3809
    Super Member Carsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,306
    I got a pleasant surprise in the mailbox today!! 2 packages from extra swaps!!!!

    I lOVE THEM!!!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOOO0 MUCH!!!!!

    Dotty: The batiks are GORGEOUS!!
    Carsey

    PokerDiva: Where did you get these beautiful fall fabrics???????? WOW!! I would love to get some of these!!!!! Thanks again!!!!

    From PokerDiva This is sooooo Sweet!!
    Name:  Attachment-180439.jpe
Views: 20
Size:  58.8 KB

    From dotcomdtcm I love Batiks
    Name:  Attachment-180440.jpe
Views: 18
Size:  86.9 KB

    From PokerDiva Eye Popping!! I want some of this fabric!!!!
    Name:  Attachment-180441.jpe
Views: 19
Size:  68.7 KB

    From dotcomdtcm Love the colors!!
    Name:  Attachment-180442.jpe
Views: 15
Size:  83.8 KB

  10. #3810
    Super Member PokerDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Carsey
    I got a pleasant surprise in the mailbox today!! 2 packages from extra swaps!!!!

    I lOVE THEM!!!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOOO0 MUCH!!!!!

    Dotty: The batiks are GORGEOUS!!
    Carsey

    PokerDiva: Where did you get these beautiful fall fabrics???????? WOW!! I would love to get some of these!!!!! Thanks again!!!!
    Carole, the dottie fabric came in a fat quarter pack. Not sure where I got it as most of the fabric I use is from my stash. The red fabric is left over from a quilt I made and I think it came from a QS that is not longer here. I do have a little more left over if you would like me to send you some.

  11. #3811
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    736
    I made a block for an extra swap. Jonatha wanted autumn leaves, autumn colors, or harvest. I think I hit all of those with these fabrics. I have her permission to post a picture before she receives it. I will mail tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  12. #3812
    Super Member dotcomdtcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New York City UWS
    Posts
    4,417
    Has anyone found a good way to label the blocks we receive? The little sticky labels fall off. I'd like to keep track so I can share the finished quilt with all contributors. Maybe just in a digital portfolio?

  13. #3813
    Super Member Carsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,306
    Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva
    Quote Originally Posted by Carsey
    I got a pleasant surprise in the mailbox today!! 2 packages from extra swaps!!!!

    I lOVE THEM!!!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOOO0 MUCH!!!!!

    Dotty: The batiks are GORGEOUS!!
    Carsey

    PokerDiva: Where did you get these beautiful fall fabrics???????? WOW!! I would love to get some of these!!!!! Thanks again!!!!
    Carole, the dottie fabric came in a fat quarter pack. Not sure where I got it as most of the fabric I use is from my stash. The red fabric is left over from a quilt I made and I think it came from a QS that is not longer here. I do have a little more left over if you would like me to send you some.
    Thank you so much for the generous offer. Keep your stash for now!! I might want to swap with you again and you can always use that material............YEA the possibilities!!

  14. #3814
    Super Member Carsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,306
    I received another surprise today....... an extra swap with Moosegirl!! I am so blessed to receive such FANTASTIC blocks!!

    THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!


    Carsey

    This barn is exceptional!!!!! The fabric for the barn really looks like a barn!! I love the horses!!
    Name:  Attachment-180499.jpe
Views: 16
Size:  55.3 KB

    These fall colors are perfect!! They will go great with my blocks from PokerDiva!!!! THANKS, Ladies!!!!
    Name:  Attachment-180500.jpe
Views: 16
Size:  69.3 KB

  15. #3815
    Super Member letsquilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tn
    Posts
    2,031
    I got a beautiful block today from one of my march xtra swap partners Karielt, it is so pretty I love it so much!! all I can say is WOW!!!! you did a great job on it.What pattern is that? Thank You so much!!!

    beautiful block from Karielt
    Name:  Attachment-180578.jpe
Views: 16
Size:  63.4 KB

  16. #3816
    Super Member dotcomdtcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New York City UWS
    Posts
    4,417
    Karielt has really been busy. Look at this wonderful house block!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  17. #3817
    Super Member paintmejudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ suburb
    Posts
    3,784
    Hi, Dotty. I take pix of all I make and receive, and tag the names on the photo. Label them as "to dotcomdtcom", or "from pokerdiva". In the PICTURES area of the computer, I have a folder labeled BOMs and in there are files for all the months I've been in the swap. Each month I add a new folder for that month.

    In each of those monthly files I make a TO and FROM folder, and that is where the pictures go. Really easy way to keep track of who sent what and what I sent (so I don't duplicate blocks for people I swap with a lot).
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
    Has anyone found a good way to label the blocks we receive? The little sticky labels fall off. I'd like to keep track so I can share the finished quilt with all contributors. Maybe just in a digital portfolio?

  18. #3818
    Super Member dotcomdtcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New York City UWS
    Posts
    4,417
    A clever tree by Toriabelle. Love these extra swaps!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  19. #3819
    Super Member dotcomdtcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New York City UWS
    Posts
    4,417
    And, here comes the sunshine, by DesertNurse41/Cathy. Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  20. #3820
    Super Member jetnica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wheeling, WV
    Posts
    1,402
    Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy
    Hi, Dotty. I take pix of all I make and receive, and tag the names on the photo. Label them as "to dotcomdtcom", or "from pokerdiva". In the PICTURES area of the computer, I have a folder labeled BOMs and in there are files for all the months I've been in the swap. Each month I add a new folder for that month.

    In each of those monthly files I make a TO and FROM folder, and that is where the pictures go. Really easy way to keep track of who sent what and what I sent (so I don't duplicate blocks for people I swap with a lot).
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
    Has anyone found a good way to label the blocks we receive? The little sticky labels fall off. I'd like to keep track so I can share the finished quilt with all contributors. Maybe just in a digital portfolio?
    I do the same thing!!

  21. #3821
    Super Member dotcomdtcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New York City UWS
    Posts
    4,417
    That's really smart! I'm going to do that too. And I must discipline myself to photograph more. I have not done the blocks I send out, but I will now. So, did you choose a new theme??

  22. #3822
    Super Member jetnica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wheeling, WV
    Posts
    1,402
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
    That's really smart! I'm going to do that too. And I must discipline myself to photograph more. I have not done the blocks I send out, but I will now. So, did you choose a new theme??
    Me? I picked halloween. =D

  23. #3823
    Super Member paintmejudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ suburb
    Posts
    3,784
    Yup -- a star pattern from Quilterscache.com, Shirley has it changed in the group's activity chart. Now I want to do a quilt with all the same pattern but will be different colors of the same block. I picked a block that had 5 different centers -- or create your own center! Can't wait to see what is going to come in -- got a couple that were put in the mail today, I think, from extra swaps. Love those extra swaps!

    Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
    That's really smart! I'm going to do that too. And I must discipline myself to photograph more. I have not done the blocks I send out, but I will now. So, did you choose a new theme??

  24. #3824
    hoffim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by letsquilt
    I got a beautiful block today from one of my march xtra swap partners Karielt, it is so pretty I love it so much!! all I can say is WOW!!!! you did a great job on it.What pattern is that? Thank You so much!!!
    That is an amazing block. Reminds me of the Twilight Zone or something. AWESOME!!

  25. #3825
    JanetWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Clinton, MS
    Posts
    326
    I got a partner.

Page 153 of 477 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 152 153 154 163 203 253 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.