Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 166 of 477 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 165 166 167 176 216 266 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 11912

Thread: MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

If I make table toppers I use warm and natural -- nice and flat but give it body and so easy to quilt. Some use flannel but I like the weight of the MnN.
    Quote Originally Posted by hsquiltingmom
    Hi everyone,

I received some packages of blocks in the mail today. My husband said to me wow, you got packages from all over. I want to thank bibliostone, moosegirl, and toriabelle for their packages of blocks. I hope I have sent p.m.'s to each of you who have sent blocks.

As I looked at my daughters little house, she has no wall space in the kitchen or living room, so, I am thinking of making them into table toppers or tablecloths. The biggest thing is do I want to put in a batting and quilt them or just back them so I have a nicely finished edge on them. If any of you have any ideas, I am open to hearing them.

Thanks

Kathy
    hsquiltingmom

Blog Entries
    I duct taped two pieces of foam insulation together and use that when i need a design wall. When not in use, slides behind sofa just great or out in the garage against wall. This way I can leave up and walk by several times or days if necessary to get it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy
    I use the hardwood floor for a king size quilt - don't want to have to fiddle with a design wall that big!
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronica
    Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva
    I finally layed out my blocks to see what I had. You just don't know till you lay them out how they will look and they are lookin good. Sorry I don't have a design wall. I had to lay them on the floor so I hope you can see them good enough.
    PokerDiva, I can't believe that someone who makes blocks like you doesn't have a design wall?

I have one and I stink...OK, it's the back of a tablecloth, but it works.

cjr
    Packaged in Envelopes with plastic to go to PO after work tomorrow.
    March extra swaps to Gwenny, Renee110, & dotcomdtcm.

April Extra swaps to Toriabelle & carsey.

Whew! I am finally caught up excet for crafty3790 & dorrellann, April Swaps. If all goes as planned I will make them on wed.

Thank you every one for yopur patience.

I was offered a part time job unexpectedly a couple weeks ago. Money is ok. This is working in a flower shop, doing bridal bouquets, which I've done for 35 plus years. Easy job less then 5 minutes from home. Also DH was offered a job also. We go to work together. Owners old friends and nice to work with. Fun but takes time from here and quilting.

I love that block...Have to use some of my Christmas fabric and make blocks like this. The colors are great . Never
    Quote Originally Posted by emc1118
    An extra April swap block from paintmejudy! Another beautiful Santa. Thanks Judy.

LJdugas and I did another extra swap for April, and here are her wonderful stars. Beautiful job, Linda, and I love them both. Bottom pix shows the blocks sent to her.
    Attached Images Attached Images

When I started this swap, I bought some fat quarters of civil war and 30's fabric. So far I have only made one block from the civil war fabric. Does anyone with either of these fabrics as your theme like to do an extra swap for MAY? If so, send me a PM. I would like to put these fabrics to some use.

LJdugas and I did another extra swap for April, and here are her wonderful stars. Beautiful job, Linda, and I love them both. Bottom pix shows the blocks sent to her.

Love all those colors. And the blocks too.

Thank you, PD!
    Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva

Love all those colors. And the blocks too.

I use curtain lining 100% cotton...it is inexpensive and lightweight...watch your shrinkage though

Another fabulous star block from Bibliostone, an April extra swap. You guys are fantastic, and I am going to be loving this new star quilt!!

Elise, thank you so much, I love the colors in your block. But I love batiks -- have only found two that I don't like! And oddly enough those two were from the 20 batiks my daughter bought and brough back from Bali! (My next batik quilt)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Karielt, your block is on the way

Blog Entries
    LauraEllen - your block is on it's way. Hope you like it. PO said you should have it by Thursday.

Blog Entries
    Another fabulous star block from Bibliostone, an April extra swap. You guys are fantastic, and I am going to be loving this new star quilt!!

Elise, thank you so much, I love the colors in your block. But I love batiks -- have only found two that I don't like! And oddly enough those two were from the 20 batiks my daughter bought and brough back from Bali! (My next batik quilt)
    Glad you like it! The black with multi-colors is one of my favorite fabrics. It goes with almost everything.

Blog Entries
    I received my block from my March partner, bookworm, yesterday. Thank you. A blend from my previous theme with my new theme. :)

Below is the block she sent me and the halloween theme block that I sent to her.

Block from bookworm
    Name:  Attachment-186483.jpe
Views: 17
Size:  80.3 KB

Block sent to bookworm
    Name:  Attachment-186484.jpe
Views: 13
Size:  96.0 KB

Faaaaaaaaaaaabulous blocks being posted!! Gotta love this swap!!
    Thanks to all for your loyal participation.

shirley

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't mind doing an extra swap this month. If anyone is interested please PM me. My theme is black and white with jewel tone accents.

Adorable pumpkin!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bibliostone
    I received my block from my March partner, bookworm, yesterday. Thank you. A blend from my previous theme with my new theme. :)

Below is the block she sent me and the halloween theme block that I sent to her.

Blog Entries
    I have my block at home and I'm in NM, so thanks for it and I'll post a pic when I return home.
    Tommie

Did you post them? or did I miss them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carsey
    I received another block from Ljdugas31 for an extra swap. I also received 2 blocks from cnolan for an extra swap. And...... I also received 3 blocks from Abonda for an extra swap.

They are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I will post pictures hopefully tomorrow!!

THANK YOU so much!!!!

Blessings!

Carole

Blog Entries

Love, love, love the pumpkin :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica

Love, love, love the pumpkin :thumbup:
    Love, love, love, the pumpkin too

I love the pumpkin too. A pattern? Would make a great doll quilt!

Mailed out Blocks today to Fromstore snt you 3 blocks but, I owe you one more you sent me 4 blocks. And I love them Thank you.

Cnolan I mailed your blocks today . I'm sending you two. Hope you like them

I got this from Nancy. And here they they are! I think they look terrific. May or may not put sashing between the blocks, will make that decision when I get enough blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
    Anxious to see what you've got so far -- can you post a pic of all of them together? I love star samplers, and I'm always looking for ideas, motivation, inspiration, etc.
    I want to get this quilt done for my sister's birthday in late June. No pressure on me. LOL

Don't have a favorite -- love them all equally. Thank you, one and all, for the beautiful blocks.
    Name:  Attachment-186781.jpe
Views: 13
Size:  71.6 KB

Page 166 of 477 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 165 166 167 176 216 266 ... LastLast