Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 384 of 477 FirstFirst ... 284 334 374 383 384 385 394 434 ... LastLast
Results 9,576 to 9,600 of 11912

Thread: MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

I would hope not. Many of those blocks are harder and the smaller size doesn't make it easier. I would think it an even swap because of that. Watching to see what others say.

Quote Originally Posted by hsquiltingmom View Post
    When you are making a block for the swap and someone wants a farmer's wife block (6") do we make two of them to make it equal to 12"?

I wish we were getting a snow storm here in Utah. We have very little here.
    Anna Quilts

Hi all,
    I posted a photo of my block for Shnnn. My inspiraton for her block was easy. She is an outdoor enthusiast with many hobbies.

The pattern for her block was from Quilterscache.com. It is titlted 'State of Maine'. The state flower for Maine is the pine cone and tassle which is how I describe 'my location'. In my stash I happened to have fabric that has pine cone and tassle and some that resembles birch bark, a tree native to the State of Maine.

Shnnn, hope you like it.

best,
    d
    My best is the least I can do.

Has anyone heard from quilted horse, My Jan partner, but hasn't responded to my PM.
    R
    Robert F Brazell
    For the Love of Quilting
    Arlington, WA

My two blocks for January partner
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would like to know why a lot aren't responding - do they not check the board as often as we do? I sent a msg. to last month's swappee, and one the other day to my current swappee and haven't heard from either.

Quote Originally Posted by rfbrazell View Post
    Has anyone heard from quilted horse, My Jan partner, but hasn't responded to my PM.
    R

[QUOTE=Oksewnsew;4865042]I would like to know why a lot aren't responding - do they not check the board as often as we do?
    Speaking for myself, it's because life throws us curveballs and we sometimes find it hard to deal with all that is going on. I have been less active on the board than I would like. and have been very slack at responding to pms. For this I would apologise to all, also my swap prtners who have yet to receive their blocks. They will all be honored, but I am having a hard time catching up.
    Robert, thank you so much for the beautiful purple blocks you sent. The pics on here just do not do them justice. I am in the midst of your fan blocks. Hope to send them on Tuesday next week.

I never heard from my last month's partner either. PM MadeinMaine so that she can delete some people off the list. I think maybe we lost several with the changeover in format....

Lindyline, Take a deep breath. We all get those times in our lives. I coming out of one with Cathy's Breast cancer treatment, now that it's over and the Doc's said things look real good. I can breath now.
    Glad you liked your blocks.
    R[QUOTE=lindyline;4865068]
    Quote Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
    I would like to know why a lot aren't responding - do they not check the board as often as we do?
    Speaking for myself, it's because life throws us curveballs and we sometimes find it hard to deal with all that is going on. I have been less active on the board than I would like. and have been very slack at responding to pms. For this I would apologise to all, also my swap prtners who have yet to receive their blocks. They will all be honored, but I am having a hard time catching up.
    Robert, thank you so much for the beautiful purple blocks you sent. The pics on here just do not do them justice. I am in the midst of your fan blocks. Hope to send them on Tuesday next week.
    Robert F Brazell
    For the Love of Quilting
    Arlington, WA

Blog Entries
    Whigrose it's great to have a fellow Mainer I live on the coast by Camden

I would like to know why a lot aren't responding - do they not check the board as often as we do? I sent a msg. to last month's swappee, and one the other day to my current swappee and haven't heard from either.

I wish people would respond. I have heard from my swap partner once, but I have questions for her, and she has not responded to me. I am confused as what I need to do.

All is good. Just heard from my swap partner.

Now I have another question. My partner said she is new at this, and so she doesn't have a lot of theme to work with. One of my favorite blocks is the Ohio Star. I thought since she was from Ohio that would work great. My question is colors, she doesn't have anything specific. So, I am asking you to help me decide on colors. What would you go with?

Blog Entries
    I would go with a neutral color, a blue and white or a brown and off white. Then she can decide from there.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Nice blocks I like the contrast on the blue and white one , very nice indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by coconuts View Post
    My two blocks for January partner

What about using the colors of the ohio flag, which is red, white and blue and the state flower is the scarlett carnation. Maybe that would be a good start.
    Welcome aboard,
    All the best
    Robert
    Quote Originally Posted by hsquiltingmom View Post
    Now I have another question. My partner said she is new at this, and so she doesn't have a lot of theme to work with. One of my favorite blocks is the Ohio Star. I thought since she was from Ohio that would work great. My question is colors, she doesn't have anything specific. So, I am asking you to help me decide on colors. What would you go with?
    Robert F Brazell
    For the Love of Quilting
    Arlington, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty3790 View Post
    Whigrose it's great to have a fellow Mainer I live on the coast by Camden
    Thank you. As the crow flies, we are practically neighbors. It seems as though there are a few of us Mainahs heah. Pm me if you would like to talk lqs.
    My best is the least I can do.

cjr -- recieved the block. Thank you so much. It's going to fit right in. LOVE the moon! I think the sunflowers will be appropriate and the stars too. Improvisation can be fun. Hope you enjoyed the process. Here's a pic....
    Name:  007.JPG
Views: 121
Size:  175.5 KBName:  008.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  174.8 KB
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

A friend & I went to the Oklahoma City Winter Quilt Show today and I met Jaciqltznok. It was a nice day all in all. I met 2 other ladies that I'm friends with on Facebook, both from Oklahoma. It's always nice to put a face with the computer image. ;o) I even got to find things I had on my list, and yes, these are 'needful' purchases..lolo It was a really nice day, inside - VERY cold out tho..

Jean

That's a cool block! Love the moon.

Blog Entries
    I agree with Jean, unless your good in math and can figure out how to change the size to make a 12 1/2" block unfinished

Donna
    Kathy, in order to have a 12 1/2" unfinished blk...you will need to make 4 of those blocks...I should have mentioned that before.

Jean
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥`..♥ Donna♥`..♥

Happy Quilting!

Name:  002a.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  50.1 KBName:  003a.jpg
Size:  48.0 KB
    Name:  004a.jpg
Size:  40.8 KB

Above two blocks from cjr for Jan. My theme was maker's choice, blocks a child would like as it will go in one of my charity quilts this year. The third picture is a cut of fabric, Vegas themed for me. Nice blocks, a child will surely love them, thanks cjr.

CJR,
    I got my blocks today and I love em, the colors are perfect and I know excatly where I am going to use them, with my dresden fans, they are the perfect color.......Amazing piecing.
    Thanks
    Anytime you want to swap let me know.
    R
    Robert F Brazell
    For the Love of Quilting
    Arlington, WA

Blog Entries
    Reminds me of my aunts jeans and plaid shirts quilt. All nice and heavy with wool blanket for batting and Pendleton wool shirts used for the back/lining. All lovingly tied and used for outings and cold Idaho winters and as far as I know still in use by her great grands and great great grands!

luv2sew, your blocks will be in the mail today... thanks for being such a great swap partner.....molly

cjr,

I love these blocks. I especially like Ragedy Ann and Andy. I also like the one with the trucks. I will have to show these to my daughter. We are working on baby quilts for her and her sister-in-law hopefully this weekend. She will just love them.

Quote Originally Posted by emc1118 View Post
    Name:  002a.jpg
Size:  50.1 KBName:  003a.jpg
Size:  48.0 KB
    Name:  004a.jpg
Size:  40.8 KB

Above two blocks from cjr for Jan. My theme was maker's choice, blocks a child would like as it will go in one of my charity quilts this year. The third picture is a cut of fabric, Vegas themed for me. Nice blocks, a child will surely love them, thanks cjr.

Page 384 of 477 FirstFirst ... 284 334 374 383 384 385 394 434 ... LastLast