Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 440 of 477 FirstFirst ... 340 390 430 439 440 441 450 ... LastLast
Results 10,976 to 11,000 of 11912

Thread: MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

  1. #10976
    cjr
    cjr is offline
    Super Member cjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas NV
    Posts
    1,407
    Nancy in Louisana,
    I will do an extra swap with you since your real partner has not answered you. I've had that happen also. very frustrating.
    www.etsy.com/shop/quiltinglycaroline

  2. #10977
    Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    1,332
    Why do people sign up if they don't want to play???? I'm running into this on other swaps more frequently. Do people not read the rules? Are they not really serious to begin with? Or in the case of secret pal swaps, are they just so desperate to get free stuff that they don't realize what they are doing is close to fraud and theft. Sorry for blowing off steam -- feeling really frustrated and miserable today. Had to have my 14-yr-old constant companion Shih-Tzu put to sleep yesterday. He had cancer. It was hard because he was still responsive and reactive -- just had other problems that were escalating and would only get worse. Hard decision on what constitutes "quality of life". Though I'm not sorry, he still left a very large hole in my heart and a cold spot next to my pillow.

    cjr -- will pm you

  3. #10978
    Super Member missgigglewings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Seguin and Universal City Tx
    Posts
    2,125
    Nancy...so sorry to hear about your beloved companion. I had to make similar decision 8 years ago about my Andy..its hard I know...

  4. #10979
    Super Member Annaquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    9,894
    Nancy I am so sorry to hear about your sweet little dog. Know you did th right thing but it is oh so hard.
    ))))))HUGS(((((((
    Anna Quilts

  5. #10980
    Super Member rfbrazell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arlington Washington
    Posts
    2,081

    We love our precious dogs don't we.

    I became medically disablity with brittle diabetes and a heart rythm. I am home bound can't drive because I pass out. So I am home alone from 6am to 5pm until my wife gets home. We bought a Shi-poo dog 2 years ago and he is now my shadow everwhere I go and sleeps on my lap during the day we do everything together. I know how your heart is heavy, but he is still with you in spirit and lovely memories.
    Praying for your peace. Let me know if i can do anything for you.
    Robert
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
    Why do people sign up if they don't want to play???? I'm running into this on other swaps more frequently. Do people not read the rules? Are they not really serious to begin with? Or in the case of secret pal swaps, are they just so desperate to get free stuff that they don't realize what they are doing is close to fraud and theft. Sorry for blowing off steam -- feeling really frustrated and miserable today. Had to have my 14-yr-old constant companion Shih-Tzu put to sleep yesterday. He had cancer. It was hard because he was still responsive and reactive -- just had other problems that were escalating and would only get worse. Hard decision on what constitutes "quality of life". Though I'm not sorry, he still left a very large hole in my heart and a cold spot next to my pillow.

    cjr -- will pm you
    Robert F Brazell
    For the Love of Quilting
    Arlington, WA

  6. #10981
    Super Member rfbrazell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arlington Washington
    Posts
    2,081
    Nancy,
    I'll make a block for you too. let me know what you are making and I'll get it to you right away.
    R
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
    MadeinMaine -- your mailbox is full and not accepting any more messages

    Lamona1955 -- I sent you a pm on 11/7 since we are partnered this month. No reply from you. Don't want to play any more????
    Robert F Brazell
    For the Love of Quilting
    Arlington, WA

  7. #10982
    Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    1,332
    Thanks all for your words of comfort. All the dogs (and cats, ferret, hedgehog, gerbils, hamster, tortoise, birds) that I've sheltered over the last 40 years came to me as rescues or hand-me-downs. Nothing worse than someone getting a pet, then getting tired of caring for it once the novelty is gone or it needs a good haircut. My two daughters were the worse for "My mom will take it" when their friends got bored with their new pets. I am fortunate to have a vet for a good friend so I can get them care when necessary and rarely have to wait since I know where she lives. A few of my adoptees have special needs (like the pit mix who sounds like she wants to eat other dogs and small children and the UPS man) or the 35 lb vegetarian tortoise who only eats Romaine lettuce (pricey out of season) and can't be exposed to temps lower than 65 or higher than 90. ( Lived in a kiddy pool in my closet for many years -- now has a pen in the garage shop.) But nothing beats the companionship of a dog or cat. I never know exactly where my dogs have come from or what kind of care they did or didn't have before I get them (or more likely they show up) ...I don't even have a CLUE AS to what breed some of them are. Who can guess as to what they've been exposed to or what's been bred into them. But those little ones that cuddle up and follow you from room to room -- those are the ones that leave big prints on your heart. Unconditional acceptance on their part. If I can smile even once a day at their antics, I feel they have so earned their keep. Each one is unique in its personality and needs. I don't think I would survive long without their companionship.

    Thanks for your offer, Robert, but I did accept a couple offers already, and I'm sure your plate is more than full with the holidays coming up. I'm still working on the maple leaf block, but am in no hurry to finish the quilt. You do so much for so many. I appreciate your thinking of me. Will take a raincheck on your offer for when things slow down after the holidays.

  8. #10983
    Senior Member pbadder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chula Vista, California
    Posts
    320
    Has anyone heard from MadeinMaine. I haven't seen her on here for over a week. I hope everything is okay with her, as I kow quite a few have tried to send her pm and her box is full. I know that one of my pm's did go through about joining this Monthy Quilting Bee Block Swap. Haven't heard anything Mine went through about the 7th of November. Was hopin to hear from her before the month is over to join. I am really looking forward to being a part of this group.

  9. #10984
    Super Member Oksewnsew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    1,845
    She was my partner for October, she acknowledged receiving my block. She said she was working on mine, but that's been 3 wks ago, haven't heard from her since.. Am hoping all is ok with her.

  10. #10985
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    47
    I would like to join this, have never done one before. Can anyone tell me who to contact to add my name if its not to late? Thanks Teresa

  11. #10986
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Davenport, IA (winter) Backus, MN (summer}
    Posts
    30
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by averysnan View Post
    I would like to join this, have never done one before. Can anyone tell me who to contact to add my name if its not to late? Thanks Teresa
    I too would like to join this group. I am also having trouble finding out how to sign up.

    Thanks

  12. #10987
    Super Member rfbrazell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arlington Washington
    Posts
    2,081
    Sorry Nancy, it's too late. I already made one. Will get it off to you in the mail next week. Here are some pics of it.It's the fall pumpkin with the fall leave background.

    Anna, yours are almost done and will post the nativity tomorrow or Sunday. 210226,00 stitches. YIKES
    Also, Nelco yours are done and here they are too.
    All the best
    R

    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
    Thanks all for your words of comfort. All the dogs (and cats, ferret, hedgehog, gerbils, hamster, tortoise, birds) that I've sheltered over the last 40 years came to me as rescues or hand-me-downs. Nothing worse than someone getting a pet, then getting tired of caring for it once the novelty is gone or it needs a good haircut. My two daughters were the worse for "My mom will take it" when their friends got bored with their new pets. I am fortunate to have a vet for a good friend so I can get them care when necessary and rarely have to wait since I know where she lives. A few of my adoptees have special needs (like the pit mix who sounds like she wants to eat other dogs and small children and the UPS man) or the 35 lb vegetarian tortoise who only eats Romaine lettuce (pricey out of season) and can't be exposed to temps lower than 65 or higher than 90. ( Lived in a kiddy pool in my closet for many years -- now has a pen in the garage shop.) But nothing beats the companionship of a dog or cat. I never know exactly where my dogs have come from or what kind of care they did or didn't have before I get them (or more likely they show up) ...I don't even have a CLUE AS to what breed some of them are. Who can guess as to what they've been exposed to or what's been bred into them. But those little ones that cuddle up and follow you from room to room -- those are the ones that leave big prints on your heart. Unconditional acceptance on their part. If I can smile even once a day at their antics, I feel they have so earned their keep. Each one is unique in its personality and needs. I don't think I would survive long without their companionship.

    Thanks for your offer, Robert, but I did accept a couple offers already, and I'm sure your plate is more than full with the holidays coming up. I'm still working on the maple leaf block, but am in no hurry to finish the quilt. You do so much for so many. I appreciate your thinking of me. Will take a raincheck on your offer for when things slow down after the holidays.
    Attached Images Attached Images



    Robert F Brazell
    For the Love of Quilting
    Arlington, WA

  13. #10988
    Super Member Annaquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    9,894
    Thank you Robert. I am sure it will take my breath away.
    Anna Quilts

  14. #10989
    Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    1,332
    Wow, Robert -- That block is beautiful, and I already know what I'm going to do with it. So, I owe you one. You make me feel guilty that my embroidery machine and I seem to have "a failure to communicate". I wish you lived closer so I could watch what you're doing.

  15. #10990
    Super Member rfbrazell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arlington Washington
    Posts
    2,081
    Nancy,
    You don't owe me nothing. I enjoy making blocks and making people happy. Just you enjoying the block is my joy.
    PM me with your address.
    All the best
    R
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
    Wow, Robert -- That block is beautiful, and I already know what I'm going to do with it. So, I owe you one. You make me feel guilty that my embroidery machine and I seem to have "a failure to communicate". I wish you lived closer so I could watch what you're doing.
    Robert F Brazell
    For the Love of Quilting
    Arlington, WA

  16. #10991
    Super Member bibliostone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    1,194
    Blog Entries
    136
    Got a beautiful iris block from hobbykat1955 today. Thank you. It is lovely. Will post a picture later.
    http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/bibliostone/library/
    Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.
    -- Eleanor Hibbert,
    British author


  17. #10992
    Super Member rfbrazell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arlington Washington
    Posts
    2,081
    Here is the hawaii block. Hope you like it. Did some landscaping with the block. There ya go.
    I might have to revisit the nativity. The fabric is starting to stretch with that amount of stitches.
    hope you like the hawaiian. especially the hawaiian sufer santa.
    R
    Tam moo here is the second round of santas 1 and 2 per your friends order.

    Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
    Thank you Robert. I am sure it will take my breath away.
    Attached Images Attached Images



    Last edited by rfbrazell; 11-17-2012 at 08:07 PM.
    Robert F Brazell
    For the Love of Quilting
    Arlington, WA

  18. #10993
    Senior Member Tam...Moo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cotton Fields of Texas
    Posts
    655
    Blog Entries
    1
    Beautiful work as always. Take Care of Yourself. Happy Thanksgiving!
    "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold" - Friends on this Quilting Board are treasures indeed!

  19. #10994
    Super Member sustraley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,245
    I received this beauty from kkg916. Love the fabric and the block. Thank you. Can't wait to put it with the others. Great job!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  20. #10995
    Super Member Annaquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    9,894
    Robert the Aloha Santa is too cute! I love it. The Santa, grass skirt, palms, anthuriums, hula girls and fabrics it is all perfect. I am so sorry to hear about the nativity. Is there any way to secure it with stabilizer?
    Anna Quilts

  21. #10996
    Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    1,332
    The Santas are amazing. You are really having fun with this, aren't you. Excellent work, as usual, Robert!

  22. #10997
    Super Member rfbrazell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arlington Washington
    Posts
    2,081
    Thank you friends for the compliments. Nancy you hit the nail on the "I am having a blast with lots of fun. "
    More to come.
    Anna, It is acutally making waves in the fabric. I doubled the stablizer when I started. Boo Hoo.....I complied a new design with a elegant design. I'll send you a pic of the design.
    I think you will like it.

    All the best
    R
    Robert F Brazell
    For the Love of Quilting
    Arlington, WA

  23. #10998
    Super Member rfbrazell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arlington Washington
    Posts
    2,081
    Has anyone seen on the net a In the Hoop design for a mug rug for free design. I need to make 2x 8 mug rugs for a mini church home group and we are all coffee drinkers. Let me know the web site if you can.
    Thanks.
    robert
    Robert F Brazell
    For the Love of Quilting
    Arlington, WA

  24. #10999
    Senior Member lovngrandma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    kansas USA
    Posts
    476
    Blog Entries
    1
    i would love to join this swap, pleae and thank u

  25. #11000
    Super Member rfbrazell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arlington Washington
    Posts
    2,081

    Anna here is the nativity.

    Hey Anna,
    Here is the nativity scene I saw that I missed a small space so I will get it fixed. The halo around Baby Jesus.
    It was one of the hardest block I have ever done.
    Can you tell me what the fourth block is to be.
    I want to get them off to you this week.
    Thanks for the great challenge. I really like the research on the dutch block and the Nativity Scene.

    Thank you
    Roberto




    Quote Originally Posted by rfbrazell View Post
    Here is the hawaii block. Hope you like it. Did some landscaping with the block. There ya go.
    I might have to revisit the nativity. The fabric is starting to stretch with that amount of stitches.
    hope you like the hawaiian. especially the hawaiian sufer santa.
    R
    Tam moo here is the second round of santas 1 and 2 per your friends order.
    Attached Images Attached Images

    Robert F Brazell
    For the Love of Quilting
    Arlington, WA

Page 440 of 477 FirstFirst ... 340 390 430 439 440 441 450 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.